Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why would that be for "sceince"? There is literally no reason to do that.
    if there were no "downsides" why would we then not wear masks 24/7? constant protection, you know. virus or not.

Why would that be for "sceince"? There is literally no reason to do that.
    He's just trolling now. He has nothing to go on so this is all he has.
    Almost 200 million people worldwide have died due to covid19. And that fact alone likely has pissed him off into an incoherent mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks View Post
    you should wear a mask 24/7 for a few weeks just to see what happens. for sceince, you know.
    The only actual health concern that exists is in regards to masks of poor quality. I have seen some scary reports.
    Stick to the name brands from before the pandemic and avoid the cheap china stuff and you should be fine, after all we have many a professional occupation that mandate masks all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Almost 200 million people worldwide have died due to covid19. And that fact alone likely has pissed him off into an incoherent mess.
    you forgott (or didnt know) the fact that they report any deaths, as long as those that die are affected by covid, its considered a covid case. an old person could die of age, but if they are covid positive its a covid death.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Do it like Denmark: they made it a recommendation.
    Makes sense. However, as I understand you are still required to wear face masks in some circumstances on trains - and more importantly seat reservations seem necessary.

Sometimes it feels as if some feel it more important to be seen as taking precautions than actually taking them.

Last time I checked, mRNA is unable to interfere with your DNA. After all, your body produces it as an intermediary step to enzyme synthesis all the time.
    Even though it was an obvious joke I had to check.

Theoretically mRNA can actually interfere with your DNA - it's just very very unlikely, would be even less likely to be inherited - and in the rare case it happened I believe it just cause you to make spike proteins, not turn you into a 5G receiver or a 5-legged lizard.

Basically retroviruses like HIV do that - and we already have so much retroviruses in our DNA that it would be possible that the vaccine could hijack that (even more likely if HIV infected) and sneak into the DNA - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6631684/
    So, it's possible that a few of the tens of millions vaccinated have the RNA-vaccine integrated in some cells; it's just unlikely and it wouldn't change much.

And I learned something new - the RNA-vaccines don't actually use normal RNA!
    DNA uses the letters CTAG, RNA uses CUAG (the T is replaced by U for uridine) and in some places replacing the U by psi for pseudo-uridine; but RNA-vaccines uses N1-methyl-pseudo-uridine instead of uridine or pseudo-uridine (otherwise they would break down too easily); https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudouridine#mRNA
    The more you know.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-07-25 at 04:11 PM.

The only actual health concern that exists is in regards to masks of poor quality. I have seen some scary reports.
    Stick to the name brands from before the pandemic and avoid the cheap china stuff and you should be fine, after all we have many a professional occupation that mandate masks all the time.
    you also rebreath your own air from your lungs (not all of it) wich is a oxygen demotion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And I learned something new - the RNA-vaccines don't actually use normal RNA!
    DNA uses the letters CTAG, RNA uses CUAG (the T is replaced by U for uridine) and in some places replacing the U by psi for pseudo-uridine; but RNA-vaccines uses N1-methyl-pseudo-uridine instead of uridine or pseudo-uridine (otherwise they would break down too easily); https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudouridine#mRNA
    The more you know.
    The debt the world owes to Katalin Kariko can't be understated, honestly.

If there's one silver lining to this mess it's that we've now got a new weapon in the war against disease that might end up helping us eradicate some of the last big ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theoretically mRNA can actually interfere with your DNA - Basically retroviruses like HIV do that
    Yup I am aware of viruses with that capability, it was one of the major concerns of the Anti-vaccination videos my mom linked me a year back.

Still, that happening is incredibly unlikely, so I convinced her to take the shot.

Even if covid-19 deaths have been somewhat underreported it's not that bad.

It's about 4 million reported deaths, and in reality double or triple that; meaning 7-11 million deaths plus or minus some.

About 200 million have been reported as infected - the true number is likely a lot higher; almost certainly more than one billion - perhaps two or three billions.

you forgott (or didnt know) the fact that they report any deaths, as long as those that die are affected by covid, its considered a covid case. an old person could die of age, but if they are covid positive its a covid death.
    And I'm sure you're doing your best to fantasize that they're all due to the vaccine, rather than the virus itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    you also rebreath your own air from your lungs (not all of it) wich is a oxygen demotion.
    Naah, commercially made masks are pretty transmissible. Even I, as an asthmatic, do not have problems in the O² regard, as long as I do not exert myself and sit still (e.g.: in the bus) or walk slowly when at the Bus stop.
    So I would wager, that a healthy person could do it.

I certainly would not be able to do any physical work in them, though. Not a chance. Though not much more of a chance w/o one either lol.

Even if covid-19 deaths have been somewhat underreported it's not that bad. It's about 4 million reported deaths, and in reality double or triple that; meaning 7-11 million deaths plus or minus some. About 200 million have been reported as infected - the true number is likely a lot higher; almost certainly more than one billion - perhaps two or three billions.
    Can I say I was waiting for whatshisface to correct me?

And I'm sure you're doing your best to fantasize that they're all due to the vaccine, rather than the virus itself.
    the virus isnt dangerous (so far), its on the common flu level. i have relatives that had it. the symtomes were minimal.

covid is made up to be much bigger and badder than what it really is. thus they introduce the vaccine wich is their real goal.

edit, my point is the vaccine is gonna affect more people negativly than what the virus could ever do.

7+ Year Old Account
    the virus isnt dangerous (so far), its on the common flu level. i have relatives that had it. the symtomes were minimal.

covid is made up to be much bigger and badder than what it really is. thus they introduce the vaccine wich is their real goal.

edit, my point is the vaccine is gonna affect more people negativly than what the virus could ever do.
    Your only point is at the top of your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Your only point is at the top of your head.
    well that was rude and uncalled for. but then again, you are unfiltered.

Are we really in the realm of linking 11 year old videos and saying it shows this entire thing was planned? Good grief.
    It's also totally misunderstanding what Bill Gates envisioned (although Mr. Gates could have been clearer).

There are a number of studies indicating that reducing child mortality reduces the need for families to have so many children, and child vaccinations is one way of reducing child mortality. It's not that the vaccines directly reduce fertility, but that they reduce mortality and that counter-intuitively reduce population growth in the long run (even more so if reproductive choices are readily available).

Guys, why waste your time with a 13 year old troll.
    He's starving for attention and there are so many clues to his age and maturity levels in his posts. You're just giving him what he wants.
    It's like trying to have a productive convo with MTG.

Let him think space lasers cause forest fires and microchips in our vaccines broadcast deep state propaganda to our brains for control.

Darwinism will prevail.

For funsies cause related:

Your boy Tuck.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uman-ever.html

read up about danish football player christian eriksen. that is a possibility
    I did.

Christian Eriksen wasn't vaccinated.
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/f...ne/7713275002/
    https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ns-2021-06-13/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    In the end, nature will bring it all into line.
    Neither smallpox nor polio were eradicated by herd immunity, bruh.

If by "nature will bring it into line" you mean "Americans are just going to normalize dying to COVID the same way they've normalized getting shot at school", then that's more accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Neither smallpox nor polio were eradicated by herd immunity, bruh.
    No one is discussing herd imunity for covid either. Vaccines don't stop infections, and if you still thinking in the famous 70% for herd imunity, well, that was the calculation for the original sars-cov-2, since then he mutated and the herd imunity target is almost at 100%, something impossible to hit.