Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    And those are the spaces that people spend the most time in. I would figure that trying to require a vaccine to enter those places is an attempt to help combat every possibility.
    That's assuming those places don't have HVAC systems, which many more modern buildings have. We can theorize about this all we want, but poking around a bit there seems to be very little data on the topic, and what exists doesn't point towards AC being a significant vector for the virus spreading. It can spread it, but I'm not seeing anything indicating it's a serious problem or behind the current surge we're seeing. At least not more than other factors like low vaccination rates and unvaccinated people returning to normal once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's assuming those places don't have HVAC systems, which many more modern buildings have. We can theorize about this all we want, but poking around a bit there seems to be very little data on the topic, and what exists doesn't point towards AC being a significant vector for the virus spreading. It can spread it, but I'm not seeing anything indicating it's a serious problem or behind the current surge we're seeing. At least not more than other factors like low vaccination rates and unvaccinated people returning to normal once more.
    Its probably mostly the returning to normal. Even those vaccinated are now at risk due to the variants mutating. We are only at 70% vaccinated for adults. That isn't even technically enough to be classified as herd immunity. Its simply a case of opening up too much too soon. Heck, places aren't even considering locking down again as we have this new surge. Its the perfect conditions for this virus to mutate again. Its like they don't understand that this mutation could have easily mutated to be more deadly rather than more transmissible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Schools are out and people are on vacation or working from home still and so not mixing; while workplaces and shops are generally strongly advising continued mask wearing and distancing. I've not been anywhere that hasn't requested it, and those not wearing masks seem to be a small minority.
    Yes, which is why I stated that more time is needed to be sure. As reported case numbers dwindle, people will get more relaxed.
    At which time we will see the actual impact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    As someone whose immune system is shite it's bugging me that people aren't bothering with masks.
    Well, you better get used to it again.
    After all, that is the norm for our species, the past 1.5 years were more of an exceptional time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    We have already seen that unvaccinated people are willing to break the rules/laws regarding COVID. Aren't these cards ridiculously easy to fake? What's to stop an unvaccinated person from making their own card?
    The Anti-Mask Activists attacked a Breast Cancer Patient for wearing masks at a Hospital Clinic.

Yet even more proof that America is losing because of the Fearmongering Deplorable Anti-Mask and Vaccine GOP Right Wing.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-08-03 at 09:18 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, you better get used to it again.
    After all, that is the norm for our species, the past 1.5 years were more of an exceptional time.
    But I want people to entertain my selfish desires

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    We have already seen that unvaccinated people are willing to break the rules/laws regarding COVID. Aren't these cards ridiculously easy to fake? What's to stop an unvaccinated person from making their own card?
    Yes, there's a reason the EU Digital COVID certificates have a QR-code and a common way of checking them instead of relying on the vaccination cards.

Additionally a problem is that it isn't just a matter of whether the card itself is legit, but also whether it is for the person showing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, there's a reason the EU Digital COVID certificates have a QR-code and a common way of checking them instead of relying on the vaccination cards.

Additionally a problem is that it isn't just a matter of whether the card itself is legit, but also whether it is for the person showing it.
    But those lead to databases.
    Databases lead to lists.
    Lists lead to FEMA camps.
    FEMA camps are for Mexican children, er, wait, scratch that...
    Why do you hate Freedom?

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But those lead to databases.
    Databases lead to lists.
    Lists lead to FEMA camps.
    FEMA camps are for Mexican children, er, wait, scratch that...
    Why do you hate Freedom?
    Obviously since Gates re-programmed my DNA with the vaccine, and instructed me to write through the HiFi system.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    /s

https://www.newsweek.com/arkansas-go...-surge-1615904

Arkansas Governor Hutchinson Regrets Signing Mask Ban Into Law as State Sees Delta Surge
    Death Cultist suddenly realizes that being a Death Cultist may not be such a good thing.

According to Tuesday data from Dr. Jason Salemi, a University of South Florida Epidemiologist, hospitals in the Sunshine State now have 138 pediatric patients being treated for COVID-19. That number is up from 118 just one day earlier.

Times like these, I am glad that my children are grown and they don't have children of their own. I would hate to be a parent of children under 12 right now.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsweek.com/arkansas-go...-surge-1615904

Death Cultist suddenly realizes that being a Death Cultist may not be such a good thing.
    "They need to get vaccinated, he said. "Parents can make the choice, the students could make the choice to get vaccinated."

Is he telling the young people to get the vaccine even if their parents are against it? I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Actually, its not a stretch at all. Awhile back there was some articles saying that places with poor ventilation or filtration in their ac units had some of the live viral loads lingering about in the air. Given that, its reasonable that those indoor areas help spread covid due to poor ventilation and little to no filtration of that air.

I think with cases spiking in every state, we need to start getting a national response. No one is willing to shut down or do anything otherwise. Its clearly getting out of control.
    Again, it being hot and people being clustered inside may increase transmission due to proximity. The AC itself though, doesn't suck air in from one person and blow it at another person. "Poor ventilation" means the air isn't moving, and "little to no filtration" would clogged vents and no air moving, so in neither case would it somehow transport MORE air droplets while transporting less air...
    Maybe in a car? But you're already pretty close anyway, so can't see it mattering.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

So...just creating their own "facts" and reality. Can they create their own reality where they like, stop existing in the reality with the rest of us? This fuckin Death Cult is getting to be a bit too much.

So...just creating their own "facts" and reality. Can they create their own reality where they like, stop existing in the reality with the rest of us? This fuckin Death Cult is getting to be a bit too much.
    Bill Maher called this years ago. He even created a bubble to put people in and yell facts at them on air. Was pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it a tort to wilfully spread COVID and I bet they'll change their tune right quick after a barrage of lawsuits.

It does kind of beg the question as to why we're re-mandating masks rather than mandating the vaccine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...just creating their own "facts" and reality.
    Yes. That's been the case for close to 20 years now. Remember "reality-based community"?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

So I'm seeing there is a new variant of covid called the Delta+ variant...

How the fuck do I unsubscribe from this stupid shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I'm seeing there is a new variant of covid called the Delta+ variant...

How the fuck do I unsubscribe from this stupid shit.
    Delta+ is not very different from delta. It doesn't seem to be more dominant than delta, regardless.

From the CDC page on variants:

The original delta+ variant is AY.1, which is only 0.1% of all samples taken in the last two weeks. Even counting all the delta sublineages (AY.1, AY.2, and AY.3), they only account for about 10% of samples, whereas the original delta (B.1.617.2) has blown up to account for around 85% of cases sampled.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Again, it being hot and people being clustered inside may increase transmission due to proximity. The AC itself though, doesn't suck air in from one person and blow it at another person. "Poor ventilation" means the air isn't moving, and "little to no filtration" would clogged vents and no air moving, so in neither case would it somehow transport MORE air droplets while transporting less air...
    Maybe in a car? But you're already pretty close anyway, so can't see it mattering.
    There were early reports that the AC might blow air from one person to another in restaurants, but I haven't seen any systematic studies:
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article
    https://ncrc.jhsph.edu/research/evid...rant-in-korea/
    Obviously it depends on how the AC system is constructed (air speed, placement of air ducts, etc) - and just turning them off seems like the worst solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    We need to take in consideration that most AC units suck air from outside. There is at least one other disease that propagates throught AC units, Legionella, so nothing new.