CDC Level of Community Transmission of COVID-19, by State/Territory

California currently has the second lowest Community Transmission Level at 113.4 cases per 100k per day in the last seven days. Puerto Rico is the lowest with 83.

Texas 475.9, Florida 397., New York 180.6. The US average is 307.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Regeneron, didn't DeSatan or a DeSatan Adjacent have money invested in Regeneron?
    Maybe. It is an easy thing to do without realizing it though. Regeneron is part of quite a few ETF holdings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Welp this should add more fire to the fire:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...atments-511825

Shortages in monoclonal antibody treatments is causing the admin to start rationing the supply...
    Yeah. Some states are hogging all the Regeneron antibody treatment.

Seven states — Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Louisiana and Alabama — accounted for 70 percent of all orders in early September.

That's just dumb. I would be pissed too. Why are they relying on expensive treatment instead of $20 per dose vaccines which have been proven to be highly reliable.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-09-15 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regeneron, didn't DeSatan or a DeSatan Adjacent have money invested in Regeneron?
    One of DeSantis's biggest campaign donors is the owner (I think?) of Regeneron.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    That's just dumb. I would be pissed too. Why are they relying on expensive treatment instead of $20 per dose vaccines which have been proven to be highly reliable.
    That's the invisible hand of the Free Market. Cheap = bad. It's also Government. Which is bad. They'll overpay because spending more moneys = happy. Spending more moneys = Better Results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Alaska is not the only state rationing care. Idaho started rationing care 7 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    One of DeSantis's biggest campaign donors is the owner (I think?) of Regeneron.
    Not really.

Griffin isn't "the owner" but "a minor owner" (well, or the company he is CEO of is that owner; not he personally - the donations are, however, personal and for some reason the persons donated to always seem to have an R after their name).

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...is-donor-isnt/

And allegedly they also own shares in Pfizer and Moderna - so, why not push for vaccines?
    https://www.snopes.com/ap/2021/08/17...vid-regeneron/

- - - Updated - - -

That's the invisible hand of the Free Market. Cheap = bad. It's also Government. Which is bad. They'll overpay because spending more moneys = happy. Spending more moneys = Better Results.
    That people go from "invisible hand of Free Market" to "Cheap = bad" is mind-boggling, and for some reason I associate "cheap=bad" with strawberries and Tiffany's.

I can understand a rationale, even if it doesn't make sense: The basic idea is that people chose the cheapest items in the free market, and it will outcompete the others, and therefore the invisible hand of the free market ensure the lowest prices overall. But people ignore the process, and just assume it must have happened - and therefore if the cheap item didn't win it must be defective.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-09-16 at 01:09 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Not really.

Griffin isn't "the owner" but "a minor owner" (well, or the company he is CEO of is that owner; not he personally - the donations are, however, personal and for some reason the persons donated to always seem to have an R after their name).

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...is-donor-isnt/

And allegedly they also own shares in Pfizer and Moderna - so, why not push for vaccines?
    https://www.snopes.com/ap/2021/08/17...vid-regeneron/

- - - Updated - - -

That people go from "invisible hand of Free Market" to "Cheap = bad" is mind-boggling, and for some reason I associate "cheap=bad" with strawberries and Tiffany's.

I can understand a rationale, even if it doesn't make sense: The basic idea is that people chose the cheapest items in the free market, and it will outcompete the others, and therefore the invisible hand of the free market ensure the lowest prices overall. But people ignore the process, and just assume it must have happened - and therefore if the cheap item didn't win it must be defective.
    If you have a 401k and/or mutual fund (which the VAST majority of Americans do) you 'own stock' in hundreds of companies. With Pfizer, etc. being some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, and pharma being a segment of the stock market, and health and pharma is a segment in just about every diversified mutual fund. In his case they are hedge funds, but the same applies.

So knowing this, we have to be very careful about jumping to 'they own stock in' as proof that of wrongdoing or immoral behavior driven by profits. This is often done to insinuate that a person owns a company, or a majority of a company, when in reality it might just be a small part of one of 1000 stocks in a portfolio. And of course they are going to invest in the largest most stable companies, like Pfizer. Check your own 401ks and see the list of companies the funds invest in (which changes all the time btw). You'll find all sorts of companies on that list like Pepsi, Apple, Amazon, GM, etc. That makes it an easy path for a lazy misinformation FB or YT post attacking someone they don't like, for example as a part-owner of Amazon and helping them bust unions. Technically true as someone with just 1/10 of a share of Amazon is a part 'owner'. But it is very misleading, and that's how this is done to use a dash of truth to insinuate a conspiracy theory or lie.

If someone is a majority owner, CEO, or has a significant investment, sure look into conflicts of interest there. But if a sliver of part of one of a diversified hedge or mutual fund that a person owns has some of it's money in a company among hundreds of others, that connection is pretty irrelevant to a person's behavior in my experience. There are more than enough proven reasons to get the vaccine. And Pharma companies aren't looking to get rich on a $20 vaccine shot, they do that on the $20,000/month cancer drugs.

Lol. When Mormons are the voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Lol. When Mormons are the voice of reason.
    Mormons and Catholics.
    Interesting times...

Reduced Risk of Reinfection with SARS-CoV-2 After COVID-19 Vaccination — Kentucky, May–June 2021

In essence unvaccinated people who previously had COVID-19 were about 2.34 times more likely to get reinfected than vaccinated people who've had it.

BTW, if you are in San Francisco this weekend, Flower Piano is back. Free for resident.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-09-16 at 05:16 PM.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, the newest trend for the antivaxxers is calling themselves "Pureblood" in tik tok vids etc.
    I shouldn't be surprised that they are using Malfoy tactics.
    Fuck them.
    Fuck Slytherin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    If you guys haven't seen it yet, the newest trend for the antivaxxers is calling themselves "Pureblood" in tik tok vids etc.
    The lady that kicked that off sure looks like a pureblood. In the sense of pureblood royalty, where there was extensive inbreeding to keep the bloodline "pure".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The lady that kicked that off sure looks like a pureblood. In the sense of pureblood royalty, where there was extensive inbreeding to keep the bloodline "pure".
    lol I was thinking the same thing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain

Also, I love Harry Potter. Fite me.
    In fact was just about to post in the What If? thread about Scott's head in a jar yelling Win Guardium Leviosa! as they flew out of the bunker and now you've ruined it!
    /muggle tears

Pfft...MUDBLOOD AND PROUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Shortages in monoclonal antibody treatments is causing the admin to start rationing the supply...
    Simple solution: Vaccinated people and children who need the treatment should get it. Unvaccinated people can fuck right off because we wouldn't dare want to go against their wishes and put something experimental in their body.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

From Cleveland Clinic Martin Health North Hospital in Stuart, Fla.

My 12-year-old had appendicitis. The ER was overwhelmed with unvaccinated Covid patients and we had to wait 6+ hours. While waiting, his appendix ruptured and had to spend 5 days in hospital; just got hmo bill of $5000. So yeah, your decision to not vaccinate does affect others.

On a more personal level, my sister dropped off his youngest at UT Austin last week. The kid had a full carry offer from Santa Barbara and he picked Austin, TX. He had some kind of severe allergic reaction. His immune system was basically going crazy with symptoms similar to Lupus. Ended up 36 hours in ER before he got a bed because Texas' hospitals were overwhelmed right now. It was a nightmare. Tested negative for Covid 3 times. He is fully vaccinated. Back in school on steroid now. It was a nightmare for him.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-09-16 at 07:17 PM.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/po...jee-story.html

Death Cultist complains that his state isn't allowed to monopolize national resources. Seriously fuck these people.

DeSantis described it differently. The federal action, he said, was “seizing control” of the supply of monoclonal antibody treatments.
    Because it's the federal fucking supply, paid for by the feds. It's their to control, and if some greedy fucktards are trying to monopolize it because they're unvaccinated, tough shit. Maybe think about that before you reject the vaccine and get covid and get a tube shoved down your stupid fucking throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Well if you ever needed another reason to think Harry Potter is trash
    It's not so much "trash" as "deeply, horribly problematic in ways that it's fucking weird people willfully overlook".

Even ignoring that Rowling's a raging transphobe lately, the Potter books;

A> Make light of slavery, showing a slave race who're pathetic and who nobody in the Wizarding World really seriously considers to be "people"; Hermione's considered fuckin' weirdo for thinking they should be free. Hell, a lot of the house-elves want to be slaves.

B> SUPER white. Super duper omega white. More white than the British population is. The few characters who aren't are so blatantly stereotyped it's galling. Cho Chang is one small step from just being straight-up named "Ching Chong". It's fuckin' gross, once you notice it. It gets worse once they introduce the other schools, because the French ones are all fashionistas and the German ones are all stern practical types, just overtly, weirdly prejudiced.

C> Goblins are horrible little Jewish stereotypes and you can't tell me that's accidental.

D> The wizards are all supremacists. Every single goddamned one of them. The "best" ones think muggles are cute and interesting, rather than scum to be oppressed, but none of them think of muggles as their equals. Deluding and mind-raping muggles to keep them "managed" is so commonplace it goes without mention or concern.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...s-and-cancer-c

And more consequences from unvaxxed idiots. Cancer patients can't get treatment due to hospitals being overwhelmed with covid cases and surgeries are being canceled.

People are literally suffering and/or dying because selfish cunts refuse to get vaxxed, refuse to abide by masking and distance guidance, and end up packing hospitals infected with a largely preventable virus.

Fuck these people. I don't give a shit about the precedent, they should be allowed to be denied care until the hospital can admit them without impacting the overall care provided to other patients. They should not be consuming resources that are desperately needed by others who are sick or injured through no fault of their own.