Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Second time I've read this. How does one "snipe" a premade, exactly?
    Only join a fresh game, ups your chance of getting a premade. It's what I did before I realised how easy the discord channels were to join.

    Or have a friend on one of the discords and they can let you know which ones are good You could probably sell that for gold if you're in an upper tier premade. They do spam report names they see multiple times, which may be the case in this thread.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-01-27 at 04:37 PM.

  2. #102
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    The automatic squelch from right-click reports has been in the game since May of 2007. It's core to Blizzard's CS operations, there's no way they're going to change it. They'll investigate and punish abuse on a case-by-case basis.
    the automatic squelch was triggered by the amount of text you sent into the game nothing to do with reports (this limited your chat for a very short amount of time) WoW never use to have a chat limiter you could send text messages in public channels constantly this is why the squelch mechanic existed

    im not sure why there is so much false information on this topic but the silence and squelch very different things please try to avoid getting confused in the future

    the chat ban's though the automatic silence mechanic was not added into the game until July 13, 2016
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20177161

  3. #103
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Only join a fresh game, ups your chance of getting a premade. It's what I did before I realised how easy the discord channels were to join.

    Or have a friend on one of the discords and they can let you know which ones are good You could probably sell that for gold if you're in an upper tier premade. They do spam report names they see multiple times, which may be the case in this thread.
    Not really an issue as you've described it. Certainly not worthy of silencing and forcing bans.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Not really an issue as you've described it. Certainly not worthy of silencing and forcing bans.
    The premades have extremely petty people. I have them all on low volume as they are annoying.

  5. #105
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The premades have extremely petty people. I have them all on low volume as they are annoying.
    Between this and the videos posted by the OP, I'm inclined to think they're in for a rude awakening.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the automatic squelch was triggered by the amount of text you sent into the game nothing to do with reports (this limited your chat for a very short amount of time) WoW never use to have a chat limiter you could send text messages in public channels constantly this is why the squelch mechanic existed

    im not sure why there is so much false information on this topic but the silence and squelch very different things please try to avoid getting confused in the future

    the chat ban's though the automatic silence mechanic was not added into the game until July 13, 2016
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20177161
    The automatic squelch through player reports was implemented into the game in May of 2007. The Silence system is a penalty system that replaced the bans they would issue for chat violations.

    There's a difference between the squelch from right-click reports and the GM issued silence. Before making snarky remarks and speaking with authority, you should be absolutely sure you know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Factsbeforefeelings; 2020-01-27 at 05:45 PM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    The automatic squelch through player reports was implemented into the game in May of 2007. The Silence system is a penalty system that replaced the bans they would issue for chat violations.

    There's a difference between the squelch from right-click reports and the GM issued silence. Before making snarky remarks and speaking with authority, you should be absolutely sure you know what you're talking about.
    Oh dear.......why, why didn't you just leave it alone?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh dear.......why, why didn't you just leave it alone?
    Why would I?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    i had to call Blizzard all 3 times to get the chat ban removed from my account
    How? Blizzard removed phone support ages ago. If you have a number, please share!

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    Why would I?
    Because you are wrong. Very, very wrong. And 30 seconds on Google would produce numerous results, mostly of Blizzard announcing the new feature.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Because you are wrong. Very, very wrong. And 30 seconds on Google would produce numerous results, mostly of Blizzard announcing the new feature.
    I'm not wrong, I'm right, and it's not my problem that you and Daish aren't able to differentiate between the squelch and silence systems.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I'm not wrong, I'm right, and it's not my problem that you and Daish aren't able to differentiate between the squelch and silence systems.
    You said, and I quote, "the AUTOMATED squelch through PLAYER REPORTS..." You are wrong, this was introduced in legion, Google it, you are wrong.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You said, and I quote, "the AUTOMATED squelch through PLAYER REPORTS..." You are wrong, this was introduced in legion, Google it, you are wrong.
    I'm not wrong, how stupid do you want me to make you look? I'd prefer if Daish comes back and reinforces your incorrect claim before I show you irrefutable proof though.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I'm not wrong, how stupid do you want me to make you look? I'd prefer if Daish comes back and reinforces your incorrect claim before I show you irrefutable proof though.
    You are completely confused. This doesnt end well for you. You use the word squelch, but then describe the silence system - you are either confused about the squelch system, or confused about the silence system - either way, you are wrong, and this doesnt go well for you - just stop.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are completely confused. This doesnt end well for you. You use the word squelch, but then describe the silence system - you are either confused about the squelch system, or confused about the silence system - either way, you are wrong, and this doesnt go well for you - just stop.
    Oh this is great, I'm going to wait for Daish to come back and then embarrass you.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are completely confused. This doesnt end well for you. You use the word squelch, but then describe the silence system - you are either confused about the squelch system, or confused about the silence system - either way, you are wrong, and this doesnt go well for you - just stop.
    Silence, Squelch, it really doesn't matter. What does matter is that he got chat banned for saying a grand total of two things at the start of the battleground: "Buff me plz" and "thx".

    That's blatant abuse of the reporting system.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Silence, Squelch, it really doesn't matter. What does matter is that he got chat banned for saying a grand total of two things at the start of the battleground: "Buff me plz" and "thx".

    That's blatant abuse of the reporting system.
    What if theres more to the story that hes choosing not to show you? I've never known anyone to randomly get silenced 3x in 24 hours before.

    Most likely he snipes premades all day, and then fucks off and fishes or something. So the premades are starting to recognize him and just try to kick him before the game even starts.

    Look thru his post history and tell me you don't think theres more to the story.

    Also, "say the line daish" still has me crackin up lol

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Silence, Squelch, it really doesn't matter. What does matter is that he got chat banned for saying a grand total of two things at the start of the battleground: "Buff me plz" and "thx".

    That's blatant abuse of the reporting system.
    If you scroll through the thread you'll see i agree with you 100%. People for some reason are desperately trying to justify their action, which is baffling to me. "we dont like this guy" is NOT justification for abusing the silence system by coordinating 10 people or more to report the player. Similarly, past actions are not justification either - "this person was rude to me in discord once 2 years ago" - and without a doubt, no question about it, "we want this person gone so our mate can join" is absolutely an abuse of the system.

    For all those defending the actions, just look in this very thread, there is someone admitting to the behavior, explaining their pathetic reasoning for it, and yet you still defend it as justified?

    Sadly, this is yet another example of why we cannot have nice things - the system is not at fault here, the players and their abuse of the system are to blame. This has been going on since the beginning of legion, where guilds who are all on discord together will ask something simple in /1 on raid night, and the first random to reply, regardless of that reply, will get insta kicked and silenced. Its a silly little child's game that these clowns play - i know - i was with a guild pug tanking for their run, and i listened in as they cackled like prepubescent teens seeing a boob as they suspended multiple people over the coarse of the evening. I left the run once i realised what was going on, so they silenced me as well.

    Just remember, if a player is simply annoying you, talking too much, or constantly discussing topics you have no interest in, you can simply ignore that player.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What if theres more to the story that hes choosing not to show you? I've never known anyone to randomly get silenced 3x in 24 hours before.

    Most likely he snipes premades all day, and then fucks off and fishes or something. So the premades are starting to recognize him and just try to kick him before the game even starts.

    Look thru his post history and tell me you don't think theres more to the story.

    Also, "say the line daish" still has me crackin up lol
    Those are NOT reasons for kicking a player - it is a public game, and your version of events is the only one lacking any credibility.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the automatic squelch was triggered by the amount of text you sent into the game nothing to do with reports (this limited your chat for a very short amount of time) WoW never use to have a chat limiter you could send text messages in public channels constantly this is why the squelch mechanic existed

    im not sure why there is so much false information on this topic but the silence and squelch very different things please try to avoid getting confused in the future

    the chat ban's though the automatic silence mechanic was not added into the game until July 13, 2016
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20177161
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Because you are wrong. Very, very wrong. And 30 seconds on Google would produce numerous results, mostly of Blizzard announcing the new feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You said, and I quote, "the AUTOMATED squelch through PLAYER REPORTS..." You are wrong, this was introduced in legion, Google it, you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are completely confused. This doesnt end well for you. You use the word squelch, but then describe the silence system - you are either confused about the squelch system, or confused about the silence system - either way, you are wrong, and this doesnt go well for you - just stop.


    https://web.archive.org/web/20070528...q/squelch.html

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    Lol - classic stuff. That has NOTHING to do with an automated SILENCE system. As i said, you are massively confused by the difference between the two - you seem to be the only one in this thread who doesnt know the difference. There is ZERO automated action taken against the 'offending' account in the original system - This shows how confused you are:

    "There's a difference between the squelch from right-click reports and the GM issued silence."

    The silences being talked about in this thread are NOT GM issued - those came from the earlier squelch system - you are completely confused between the two. Read things before you link them.

    This is what happens when you come into a thread and start trying to derail the topic at hand into something completely different.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-01-27 at 09:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •