Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    On the contrary guerrilla warfare is one of the best ways of defending a huge and savage swath of land.
    Not when you have a whole army pushing for a single point of capture. The horde wasn’t just hanging out split up they were pushing though dark shore in a mass to capture the tree. The night elfs couldn’t break off and hide or afford to attack a force then run away as they had no way of stopping the marching onslaught heading right to there home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she won't break out from the Alliance in the first place because Anduin can just tell her "If you leave the Alliance, all the Kaldorei civilians in my city go bye bye in the Great Sea".
    Anduin wouldn't do that, that isn't in his nature.

I think she won't break out from the Alliance in the first place because Anduin can just tell her "If you leave the Alliance, all the Kaldorei civilians in my city go bye bye in the Great Sea".
    Yeah Anduin wouldn't do that.

Yes, they are under the Alliance's protection, but that's not happening. If something similar happens, it'd be their own pride having them leave of their own volition.

On "would you join her?" obviously. No amount of peace talks can un-burn the place I started WoW in. In Tyrande's paraphrased words, "I won't accept a peace treaty unless it's written in the banshee's blood!"

I've even made up an agreement: My night elves get to kill her, my forsaken gets to eat her brains. Everyone wins. We come up to her fortress WotLK style, blasting this on the boombox:

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-01-20 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Anduin is willing to go far to make sure the cycle of hatred ends. In BfA he freed an infamous enemy commander without telling anybody about it, the same enemy commander who orchestrated the War of Thorns and killed many Alliance people in his life. Blackmailing Tyrande into not doing anything crazy wouldn't be a surprise. He'd definitely help the Horde if Tyrande had her way. If there's one thing you can be certain of is that Anduin wouldn't remain passive, so in this kind of question it's always important to consider what Anduin (and thus the majority of the Alliance would do), and they certainly wouldn't support Tyrande.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-01-20 at 06:53 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is willing to go far to make sure the cycle of hatred ends. In BfA he freed an infamous enemy commander without telling anybody about it, the same enemy commander who orchestrated the War of Thorns and killed many Alliance people in his life. Blackmailing Tyrande into not doing anything crazy wouldn't be a surprise. He'd definitely help the Horde if Tyrande had her way. If there's one thing you can be certain of is that Anduin wouldn't remain passive, so in this kind of question it's always important to consider what Anduin (and thus the majority of the Alliance would do), and they certainly wouldn't support Tyrande.
    Anduin wouldn't throw a bunch of women a children into the sea because some bitch wants to kill Sylvanas. The horde wouldn't stop anyone who wants Sylvanas from doing it either. Even if Tyrande start attacking horde members Anduin would turn his back on her but not the refuges that decided to sit that revenge out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Anduin wouldn't throw a bunch of women a children into the sea because some bitch wants to kill Sylvanas. The horde wouldn't stop anyone who wants Sylvanas from doing it either. Even if Tyrande start attacking horde members Anduin would turn his back on her but not the refuges that decided to sit that revenge out.
    I was very specific with my wording, I did not say he'd actually have the guts to go through with it, but I could very well see him blackmailing Tyrande as a last resort to keep her in the fold. Knowing Tyrande's love for her people, she might fall for those mind games.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I was very specific with my wording, I did not say he'd actually have the guts to go through with it, but I could very well see him blackmailing Tyrande as a last resort to keep her in the fold. Knowing Tyrande's love for her people, she might fall for those mind games.
    No, he won't blackmail her, even to stop killing Horde. And in SL, she will go after Sylvanas and seek out Elune to have her answers.

If Tyrande goes rogue, she will not break from the alliance. The other members will not do anything about it, some may even support her (Greymane for example).
    So she may drags the Alliance into a new faction conflict, or it will be only a local thing in Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post

They know she ain't leaving the Alliance, people just want to see some Alliance infighting to justify the Horde shitshow.
    This = /thread

Tyrande might be seeking Vengeance and Justice for Teldrassil but she is no fool. She knows trying to fight the full strength of the Horde war machine head on alone would be pointless. Even in Darkshore she got help from Genn and Maiev to take on the Horde forces occupying Lor'daniel.

While she obviously believes Anduin is naive and short-sighted for aggressively pursuing peace after Sylvanas abandoned the Horde, she's not dumb enough to think it's a good idea to run interference.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    If Tyrande goes rogue, she will not break from the alliance. The other members will not do anything about it, some may even support her (Greymane for example).
    So she may drags the Alliance into a new faction conflict, or it will be only a local thing in Kalimdor.
    I've wanted the night elves to break waway from the Alliance for a long time, they don't need to be in it for the race to be playable on the alliance.

I dont' think Tyrande and Malfurion or the ancient kaldorei can be done justice staying on the alliance, they'll always be pegged as 3rd rate, behind horde races and the humans. And they're impossible to utilise as well, because they're so powerful, and as such the rest of the night elves are nerfed too, it's all over the place. Not to mention that 14 years in the alliance still doesn't make sense. They really feel like a separate people/world, which makes no sense to have the entire race as "alliance territory" which is why they've been enrfed and used as scape goats.

Take them out, leave a group of them in.. maybe leave the Highborne in the alliance and a bunch of priest and druids who side with them.. or maybe instead a badn of young night elven adventuerers, led by Maiev or something as the alliance night elf leader - or use a highborne like Farondis instead, while the main Kaldorei are out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    This = /thread

Tyrande might be seeking Vengeance and Justice for Teldrassil but she is no fool. She knows trying to fight the full strength of the Horde war machine head on alone would be pointless. Even in Darkshore she got help from Genn and Maiev to take on the Horde forces occupying Lor'daniel.

While she obviously believes Anduin is naive and short-sighted for aggressively pursuing peace after Sylvanas abandoned the Horde, she's not dumb enough to think it's a good idea to run interference.
    Wanna bet, this chick has been written to do enough dumb things.

However you are right that leaving the alliance for gvengeance on the horde doesn't seem a smart move. However, it won't seem that way if the vengeance is focused on Sylvanas and the forsaken race or the forsaken and orcs , or just those who fought in the war effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, that'd be the most interesting plot to ever happen in the Alliance
    It will not happen, however. If Tyrande tries to break out, the gods will smite her for opposing Anduin

Regarding Talanji... The Zandalari are not Horde members, they are simply allied to them. She can choose to keep trying to kill Jaina and Genn.
    However, she isn't inept so I think she wouldn't attack them when the world is messed up from the Shadowlands and stuff
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

On the contrary guerrilla warfare is one of the best ways of defending a huge and savage swath of land.
    have you compeletly forgot the reason horde could attack teldrassil first place? it was because most of the night elf forces were moving toward the wound to help and stabilize azeroth, and you could see when they got the news of horde aggression they turned back but it was too late. Night elves clearly did a fantastic job with small number of defense they had back in home, if they were full force it would take much much longer for the horde to go forward even if they could of course, which I can surely say alliance forces would get there long before night elves needed an actual help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    guerrilla warfare Is a thing and the night elfs would likely be the best at it of any of the factions in the horde or alliance. They could easily have a Vietnam Esc way where even with the horde being stronger hey couldn’t capitalize on that strength.
    its one of the things almost everyone forget about, hell even devs forget it.

If you don't have the guts to actually execute your threats, it's a very bad idea to even word them.

Furthermore, I suspect that Anduins and his Horde-lover hippies are actually far from the majority of the Alliance forces. If he tried to do that, he'll get a revolt in his hands rather soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'll admit it. I had a good chuckle at "2nd war boomer syndrome" there.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Tyrande alone wouldn't even be able to beat Talanji and First Arcanist Thalyssra. She might beat the scrubs like low testosterone Thrall, Baine, and Rokhan but Talanji alone would give her a run for her money.
    That's not even the point of this discussion but no, Talanji is not stronger than Tyrande, especially not after she became the Night Warrior. Thalyssra also hasn't shown a lot of her powers, only thing she's good at is teleportation and defensive magic (aka shields).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Why do people think that she will break out?
    The devs said that faction war was over and we already know that Tyrande will do her own thing in SL, ie she moved on. She even says that she will sign the treaty once Sylvanas will be dead.
    She still holds the entire Horde accountable for the burning of Teldrassil.

Knowing Tyrande's love for her people, she might fall for those mind games.
    If she loved her people, she would have done the same thing Sylvanas did and get them out of Darnassus. Instead she let them burn alive because Maaaaaaaaalfuuuuuriiiiiioonnnn!

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    If she loved her people, she would have done the same thing Sylvanas did and get them out of Darnassus. Instead she let them burn alive because Maaaaaaaaalfuuuuuriiiiiioonnnn!
    She stated that she wanted to be with her people (and probably die alongside them) but she knew that the Kaldorei needed their leader after the Horde burned Teldrassil.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    You think that a people that live in a tree would have a plan in place to escape if you know the tree ever caught fire ... but that aside.

I don't like Tyrande's character development, it just seems like WTF and this is mostly do to the writing being all over the place in this expansion, I feel major plot elements were just not shown to the player with very little in place.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    She stated that she wanted to be with her people (and probably die alongside them) but she knew that the Kaldorei needed their leader after the Horde burned Teldrassil.
    And how does that preclude her from having mages open portals? It's not like mass-teleportation isn't a thing. Sylvanas had them to get the Forsaken out of Lordaeron to Orgrimmar. I guess Sylvanas cares more about her people than Tyrande does. And that is saying something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Tyrande alone wouldn't even be able to beat Talanji and First Arcanist Thalyssra. She might beat the scrubs like low testosterone Thrall, Baine, and Rokhan but Talanji alone would give her a run for her money.
    The one who has to pray for help any time something goes wrong...the one who lost her loa she depends on? What feats of hers have we even seen that don't involve Rezan saving her? Her father is dead because she was tricked and outsmarted...

Thally has really shown nothing at all except that she needed help and that she is rather butthurt. That she had no problems impersonating Sylvanas and murdering former allies like it was nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what they tried to do in the War of Thorns... and failed because they didn't have any backup from the rest of the Alliance and were alone against the Horde.
    Yeah because it's a fair comparison to compare the Horde that was fresh and ready for war...fully prepared and invaded and caught the Night Elves off guard to a Horde that has suffered MANY losses and a Night Elf force that would be fully prepared. Not to mention there were no Night Warriors and Malfurion wasn't enraged like he was in their later assaults.
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2020-01-21 at 03:14 AM.