Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And how does that preclude her from having mages open portals? It's not like mass-teleportation isn't a thing. Sylvanas had them to get the Forsaken out of Lordaeron to Orgrimmar. I guess Sylvanas cares more about her people than Tyrande does. And that is saying something.
    At that point she didn't know that Sylvanas was gonna burn the tree. She thought that the Horde was going to occupy Teldrassil (that was originally the plan, until Delaryn opened her trap and triggered Sylvanas into burning the tree).

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    The one who has to pray for help any time something goes wrong...the one who lost her loa she depends on? What feats of hers have we even seen that don't involve Rezan saving her? Her father is dead because she was tricked and outsmarted...

Thally has really shown nothing at all except that she needed help and that she is rather butthurt. That she had no problems impersonating Sylvanas and murdering former allies like it was nothing.
    Talanji took out an entire Alliance fleet as it encroached on Zandalar's shores, with or without Rezan (who I recall just giving her ship a push), what does it matter when Tyrande can't take a shit without asking Elune for strength? And in ten thousand years, Tyrande is one of the most emotionally-weak racial leaders, ineffective, and inert in the battlefield to the point her home got burned to a crisp, she went crying to Elune again, and couldn't even get her revenge after she went all emo edge lord with black eyes and became "zee night warr-yah!" That's the same Tyrande we're talking here?

5+ Year Old Account
    If Tyrande broke off from the Alliance, I don't think the others would follow. There really isn't a need to. It's not about creating a new faction to her, it's about reinstating her Kingdom/people. The others can still aid her without leaving the Alliance or causing tension with Stormwind.

Plus restoring NE lands from plunderers include stopping the (lesser) destructive habits of old allies. How many times have the NEs bit the bullet for the mortal races to thrive at their expense? If Tyrande breaks off from the Alliance, I see the NEs behaving more like the Kul'Tirans and Zandalari rather than a tertiary faction. Putting themselves before others, but willing to work with those who share a common interest.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Talanji took out an entire Alliance fleet as it encroached on Zandalar's shores, with or without Rezan (who I recall just giving her ship a push), what does it matter when Tyrande can't take a shit without asking Elune for strength? And in ten thousand years, Tyrande is one of the most emotionally-weak racial leaders, ineffective, and inert in the battlefield to the point her home got burned to a crisp, she went crying to Elune again, and couldn't even get her revenge after she went all emo edge lord with black eyes and became "zee night warr-yah!" That's the same Tyrande we're talking here?
    He did more than give her ship a push...if anything it was Rezan and the Zandalari fleet who did all the heavy lifting.

Couldn't get her revenge...sure you're right, she didn't but I'm sure you conveniently ignore the power of Sylvanas that her empowerment puts her above probably any living mortal...and her group still took the L. That you know no matter what her revenge wont be complete till Sylvanas is dead and we both sure as hell know that if that happened there would likely be know SL expansion next.

She was in a no win scenario basically and still the Horde took L's

He did more than give her ship a push...if anything it was Rezan and the Zandalari fleet who did all the heavy lifting.

Couldn't get her revenge...sure you're right, she didn't but I'm sure you conveniently ignore the power of Sylvanas that her empowerment puts her above probably any living mortal...and her group still took the L. That you know no matter what her revenge wont be complete till Sylvanas is dead and we both sure as hell know that if that happened there would likely be know SL expansion next.

She was in a no win scenario basically and still the Horde took L's
    She couldn't kill Nathanos, either. Virtually, only a handful of scared Orcs and Trolls in the woods paid for Sylvanas' crimes. Tyrande's still huffing and puffing back in Stormwind Keep.

Also, Malfurion has been like one of the most powerful living beings on Azeroth for the better part of ten thousand years, and is constantly getting captured and having to have his bacon saved. Tyrande's new power is all bluffing and flexing, like Malfurion's, until we actually see it put to use for its intended purpose. And again, if Tyrande is constantly channeling strength from Elune, I see no issue with Talanji doing the same from Rezan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Not really.... the rest of the Alliance has no obligation to follow Tyrande into open war unless that decision is approved by the High King and the Alliance High Command. Just like nobody answered Daelin's call to war in WC3.

And something tells me that Tyrande alone wouldn't last for long against the entire Horde, as weakened as it might be after BfA.
    Yet the writers will have the horde attack humans instead so that they do have a reason.

Tyrande alone wouldn't even be able to beat Talanji and First Arcanist Thalyssra. She might beat the scrubs like low testosterone Thrall, Baine, and Rokhan but Talanji alone would give her a run for her money.
    i dont think talanji and thalysra are that strong.

- - - Updated - - -

she doesnt need to ask anymore, the power of the black moon is hers to command. Talanji needes rezan to be powerful and Thalysra needs the nightwell, neither of them would last long against tyrande.

Which is what they tried to do in the War of Thorns... and failed because they didn't have any backup from the rest of the Alliance and were alone against the Horde.
    They only failed because Blizzard wanted to commit genocide against the Night Elves. Their writers thought that they could just make up a GoT "subvert expectations big shock reveal!" type of story in WoW and failed miserably to deliver that narrative. There was literally no logic behind the War of Thorns. The Horde magically appeared, and then magically firebomb catapulted the giant tree in the middle of the ocean miles away. If Blizzard's writers didn't have a hard-on for letting the Horde win and commit genocidal atrocities as often as it did, then the War of Thorns would have ended in a stalemate.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

The one who has to pray for help any time something goes wrong...the one who lost her loa she depends on? What feats of hers have we even seen that don't involve Rezan saving her? Her father is dead because she was tricked and outsmarted...

Thally has really shown nothing at all except that she needed help and that she is rather butthurt. That she had no problems impersonating Sylvanas and murdering former allies like it was nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because it's a fair comparison to compare the Horde that was fresh and ready for war...fully prepared and invaded and caught the Night Elves off guard to a Horde that has suffered MANY losses and a Night Elf force that would be fully prepared. Not to mention there were no Night Warriors and Malfurion wasn't enraged like he was in their later assaults.
    The Kaldorei suffered a lot of losses as well, also Malfurion did nothing in Darkshore aside from killing a few soldiers to look cool, also Tyrande spent the entire BfA tirelessly trying to retake a charred wasteland called Darkshore. She'd never win a faction war and she'd be alone against Horde + Alliance.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

She couldn't kill Nathanos, either. Virtually, only a handful of scared Orcs and Trolls in the woods paid for Sylvanas' crimes. Tyrande's still huffing and puffing back in Stormwind Keep.

Also, Malfurion has been like one of the most powerful living beings on Azeroth for the better part of ten thousand years, and is constantly getting captured and having to have his bacon saved. Tyrande's new power is all bluffing and flexing, like Malfurion's, until we actually see it put to use for its intended purpose. And again, if Tyrande is constantly channeling strength from Elune, I see no issue with Talanji doing the same from Rezan.
    The reason they couldn't beat Nathanos is because he's a stupid self insert Mary Sue, plain and simple. Lore wise, he's nothing more than an undead boi who knows how to use a bow and that's it. Tyrande should have no problem dealing with him, even before she became the Night Warrior. But the writers love Nathanos and his banshee waifu too much, so they couldn't let Tyrande beat him.

I guess there could be an option for Tyrande-loyalists to get a few different story points, much like for the Sylvanas ones. But there won't be a true break from the Alliance. There won't be a new faction.

You can assume that if Blizzard has not done a faction merge at this point where we are actually at peace and Baine Bloodhoof is chilling next to my King in Stormwind, that we are pretty much going to be stuck with Horde and Alliance for the next several expansions. It requires too big of a system change to have an additional faction pop up.

Then she will most likely become a raidboss

The use of "boomer" in the OP makes it impossible for me to take the posed question seriously...

That said, my one question:

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.... the rest of the Alliance has no obligation to follow Tyrande into open war unless that decision is approved by the High King and the Alliance High Command. Just like nobody answered Daelin's call to war in WC3.

And something tells me that Tyrande alone wouldn't last for long against the entire Horde, as weakened as it might be after BfA.
    Didn't she say she can't rest until Sylvanas answers for what she's done?
    It's kinda weird they framed it as she won't accept peace with the Horde, but then she seemed fixated on revenge against Sylvanas...which wouldn't affect peace or war with the Horde.

I think she won't break out from the Alliance in the first place because Anduin can just tell her "If you leave the Alliance, all the Kaldorei civilians in my city go bye bye in the Great Sea".
    That'd be funny. If Anduin is more harsh towards his own former allies than the faction that has tried to murder everyone he cares about several times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That'd be funny. If Anduin is more harsh towards his own former allies than the faction that has tried to murder everyone he cares about several times over.
    So that's already Anduin, then? I mean, the only time he raised his voice was with Greymane at Lordaeron, he never sounded so angry, not even with Garrosh in War Crimes or Wrathion under N'Zoth's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The use of "boomer" in the OP makes it impossible for me to take the posed question seriously...

That said, my one question:

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't she say she can't rest until Sylvanas answers for what she's done?
    It's kinda weird they framed it as she won't accept peace with the Horde, but then she seemed fixated on revenge against Sylvanas...which wouldn't affect peace or war with the Horde.
    She wants to punish the Horde too and says, and I quote, "the Horde must pay for its treachery". She also still believes there is a Warchief, who will inevitably muster an army in the future and cause another war. She's definitely not after Sylvanas alone. That's why she's dangerous to the peace Anduin seeks to build and must be kept into the fold.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    She still holds the entire Horde accountable for the burning of Teldrassil.
    They more or less are. But no, she sadly doesn't.

She holds Sylvanas accountable above all-- even she has been made to buy into the scapegoat, and despite that, she's still being considered 'cuhraaazi' by a subset of Horde players because she wants Sylvanas dead just a little more than everyone else does.

Imagine what would happen if she actually rightfully wanted all of the Horde to pay for the genocide that they participated in. It would make the Blood Elf player cries about Dalaran look like a joke. (Which it already is, but still.)

- - - Updated - - -

So that's already Anduin, then? I mean, the only time he raised his voice was with Greymane at Lordaeron, he never sounded so angry, not even with Garrosh in War Crimes or Wrathion under N'Zoth's influence.
    Fair enough. What a garbage character.

They more or less are. But no, she sadly doesn't.

She holds Sylvanas accountable above all-- even she has been made to buy into the scapegoat, and despite that, she's still being considered 'cuhraaazi' by a subset of Horde players because she wants Sylvanas dead just a little more than everyone else does.

Imagine what would happen if she actually rightfully wanted all of the Horde to pay for the genocide that they participated in. It would make the Blood Elf player cries about Dalaran look like a joke. (Which it already is, but still.)

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough. What a garbage character.
    Not really. That's a flaw of his, he is so fixated with his idea of peace that he almost acts in a selfish way more often than not. Blizzard can easily develop this character trait of his.

Also, she does hold the entire Horde accountable for Sylvanas' crimes:

Go around 0.20, she is very clear in her intentions.

Not really. That's a flaw of his, he is so fixated with his idea of peace that he almost acts in a selfish way more often than not. Blizzard can easily develop this character trait of his.
    That's not a flaw, that's just being a bad character.

A character that doesn't respond to the forces around him and stays blinded to a fault is either ridiculously obtuse in-universe, or they're just a shoddily written vehicle.

That's not a flaw, that's just being a bad character.

A character that doesn't respond to the forces around him and stays blinded to a fault is either ridiculously obtuse in-universe, or they're just a shoddily written vehicle.
    Or he's ridiculously obtuse in-universe, which is a character flaw.

She won't break out of the Alliance due to:

1. Gameplay, and 2. Lore, thanks to the Shadowlands.