Page 1 of 2
LastLast

8.3 Auction House ?

Thoughts?

Mine: Horrible. Most ways to accumulate meaningful gold (i.e. millions and millions and millions) have been reduced/eliminated over the past few expanions.

New AH is final nail in coffin.

RIP Gold Goblins

GG.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's about 82039842038492345792347590238745928349058203457350238949234785698176782364897123684263894 times better than the objective piece of shit we had to deal with for 15 years.

Thank you Blizz.

Disagree? Call the cops.

from the perspective of working AH to accumulate tons of gold (i.e.TSM user,, 100s/1000s of items posted at any time. uh no.

if you are just a random AH used that buys a few things and sells a few things, then yeah, prob better.

For a couple items it is good. For those that farm and dump big loads it sucks. F'ing bots undercut and repost on the hour.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

3+ Year Old Account
    8.3 auction house can only be compared to what it was before, not to some addon, that' just silly.

Also meaningful amount of gold is probably around 100k. There's nothing to do with gold in this game, buy a few enchants and consumables, repair bills, playing normally without selling anything my gold only goes up. I understand that some people have fun playing the market and shit, but today gold is near meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    For a couple items it is good. For those that farm and dump big loads it sucks. F'ing bots undercut and repost on the hour.
    How is that any different from before? This isn't about the state of the economy or how people use the AH, it's about the feature itself in comparison to what it used to be.

It’s great, once they work the bugs out. Not touching it until then.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    8.3 auction house can only be compared to what it was before, not to some addon, that' just silly.

Also meaningful amount of gold is probably around 100k. There's nothing to do with gold in this game, buy a few enchants and consumables, repair bills, playing normally without selling anything my gold only goes up. I understand that some people have fun playing the market and shit, but today gold is near meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that any different from before? This isn't about the state of the economy or how people use the AH, it's about the feature itself in comparison to what it used to be.
    Newest items get sold first so bots put things up and then an hour later cancel and reapply the items one silver lower than the current ensuring they are the only ones that sell anything
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

3+ Year Old Account
    Newest items get sold first so bots put things up and then an hour later cancel and reapply the items one silver lower than the current ensuring they are the only ones that sell anything
    If they put it 1 silver lower it means it sells because it's the cheapest item, not the newest.

Its "OK", an improvement but we need auctionator addon updated. The dev is working on it, but might take time. I can do my rotation in about 30 mins...manually undercuting etc is time consuming, but I can deal with it...

For now I just wish the favourites list wasent bugged and I could get my gold...got like 300k missing or what do I know

Also just sharing these 2 macros...good for cancel auctions and the bottom one I think works for posting...

/run AuctionHouseFrameAuctionsFrame.CancelAuctionButton:Click() /click StaticPopup1Button1

/run AuctionHouseFrame.CommoditiesSellFrame:PostItem()
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

And this is different to before how?

As someone who has used the AH to make millions and millions of gold I can safely say it's way better now than it was before.

It's a lot faster, way easier to post things conveniently, and doesn't require addons to use. The only downside is you can't snipe things anymore since people won't post for the wrong amount, but that doesn't much matter.

I mean it kinda sucks it's a bit broken, but once they fix it up I'll have no real complaints. It's really well done.

Anyone notice stuff going missing? I list some items and, once they expire, I don't see a sale and I don't see the items returned via mailbox.

More convenience for the customer means more sales for you. RIP all the snipers and those that lived off abusing pagination limits though.

Haven’t tried selling anything yet, but bought some things and I like it. That said, I’d like them to add some kind of graphic to the screen. Searching for something to have only 3-4 returns and a giant dark gray background just looks terrible.

best auction house from long time ago, thx blizz

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    having terrible problems.
    when a seller has listed say 200x silkweave listed at 999 gold buy out I cant click on that listing
    it highlights all the others coming in at over 1 million gold.

I dont use addons any ideas?

The side bar is different from the old AH's price & quantity listing. The side bar here shows all items for that type, and how many of each are available at the various price points. In this case, it's not 999g for 200 Gilded Silkweave, but 200 Gilded Silkweave for 999g each. To buy stackable items such as this, you just enter the quantity you want, the lowest cost entries sufficient to satisfy that quantity should highlight on the right, and the total show up based on that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolan View Post
    The side bar is different from the old AH's price & quantity listing. The side bar here shows all items for that type, and how many of each are available at the various price points. In this case, it's not 999g for 200 Gilded Silkweave, but 200 Gilded Silkweave for 999g each. To buy stackable items such as this, you just enter the quantity you want, the lowest cost entries sufficient to satisfy that quantity should highlight on the right, and the total show up based on that.
    thank you so much
    Its been driving me nuts

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't like going through a different screen to buy something but I guess it's not a big enough deal to whine about. Prefer the old one though.

I think its great. Changes are always subjective to criticism