What’s going on W/ War DPS??

I’ve been on and off most of BFA, came back in anticipation for Season 4 and I’ve noticed, according to Noxxic DPS rankings, that warriors are very far below shadow priests - in dead last.

Now I know Noxxic isn’t really a great, or even good source of information, but in the past I have looked at them to generate an idea of something to expect. Never have I seen such a huge discrepancy like this before. Both arms and fury are in dead last, ~7k below Shadow priests.

Am I missing something?

- - - Updated - - -

to add, prior to seeing the rankings, I had felt like the 8.3 quests were a bit rough to do on my warrior which is my best geared toon.

7+ Year Old Account
    You may want to rather check Warcraft Logs. Warriors are nowhere near "dead last":

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I’ve been on and off most of BFA, came back in anticipation for Season 4 and I’ve noticed, according to Noxxic DPS rankings, that warriors are very far below shadow priests - in dead last.

Now I know Noxxic isn’t really a great, or even good source of information, but in the past I have looked at them to generate an idea of something to expect. Never have I seen such a huge discrepancy like this before. Both arms and fury are in dead last, ~7k below Shadow priests.

Am I missing something?

- - - Updated - - -

to add, prior to seeing the rankings, I had felt like the 8.3 quests were a bit rough to do on my warrior which is my best geared toon.
    I have been a warrior since the start of 8.2. We are doing GREAT.
    I'm soloing elite rares in the new invaded areas.
    And last patch I was top 3 dps in all the raids I did. We are also speculated to be one of the best dps this patch.
    Shadow priests was really strong last patch also, but was nerfed this patch, we werent.
    MSI GTX 970 - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz - 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB WD HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowater View Post
    I have been a warrior since the start of 8.2. We are doing GREAT.
    I'm soloing elite rares in the new invaded areas.
    And last patch I was top 3 dps in all the raids I did. We are also speculated to be one of the best dps this patch.
    Shadow priests was really strong last patch also, but was nerfed this patch, we werent.
    Interesting.. I know Noxxic has had some very poor quality guides, so it’s possible they’ve fucked up the dps rankings. Not that they’re accurate to begin with, but a discrepancy that large was alarming to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting.. I know Noxxic has had some very poor quality guides, so it’s possible they’ve fucked up the dps rankings. Not that they’re accurate to begin with, but a discrepancy that large was alarming to me.
    Yeah I got worried at first too. My friend played all the classes that was ranked high on the dps rankings and I noticed that I started to beat him despite having worse gear. I started to ignore the guides etc and instead used raidbots etc to sim my character and then test my builds in practice.
    The guides are just a quick start for new players. When you get to the end game its more personal and you cant really sim that accurately.
    I suggest looking at warcraftlogs instead to see real performance, even though its mostly top players there.
    Classes are pretty close to eachother, playing well is more important i believe.
    MSI GTX 970 - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz - 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB WD HDD

Don't rate yourself on the new daily areas - especially where the major invasion is going on - it's not like super impossible but it does take a while to kill things at a 440 item level and they hit hard enough to make things interesting. Although as Fury you are seldom in danger just from hefty healing on Bloodthirst.

Anyway, Warrior is in a very good spot going into 8.3 and is projected to just keep getting better as the raid opens up and things like mechagon rings are farmed and such. Fury is at an excellent place for pretty much all the content right now - big health pool, lots of self healing, excels in small cleave situations. Really as long as you're not standing in the bad you'll do great.

what surprised me is the arms warrior doing better than fury for the most part. I dont remember getting buffs? at 8.2 we got some damage buffs i remember but wasnt that just %5 damage increase or something.

what is the reason for improved performance?

I was wondering the same. I've been playing fury and doing well in mythic dungeons. Decided to try arms and I know I wasnt optimally playing it but still pulled better numbers than I did fury so I know I can do even better. Maybe it's just the scaling with item level and stats?

Am I missing something?

- - - Updated - - -

Noxxic is practically a parody site at this point given how incredibly wrong it always is.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Imagine using noxxic for a resource for dps values. Lmfao
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Lesson Learned: Never ever believe Noxxic.

At best, I've seen Noxxic get *some* things right. At worst, I've seen them get everything about a class / spec completely wrong. On average, they are wrong far more often than they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    what surprised me is the arms warrior doing better than fury for the most part. I dont remember getting buffs? at 8.2 we got some damage buffs i remember but wasnt that just %5 damage increase or something.

what is the reason for improved performance?
    Better scaling with secondary stats, or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    Better scaling with secondary stats, or so I've heard.
    I don't get it. what secondary stats? mastery and its deep wound damage?
    but same thing is possible for fury? mastery increases their damage as well.

How does arm scale better than fury? Yesterday I was really surprised to see 2 arms warriors in the raid. I mean when I was playing as arms up till mid 8.2 people were ridiculing me for playing arms and gimping my dps. Now it is arms? like how is that even possible?

can a professional here explain this scaling with a chart or something? I really would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I don't get it. what secondary stats? mastery and its deep wound damage?
    but same thing is possible for fury? mastery increases their damage as well.

How does arm scale better than fury? Yesterday I was really surprised to see 2 arms warriors in the raid. I mean when I was playing as arms up till mid 8.2 people were ridiculing me for playing arms and gimping my dps. Now it is arms? like how is that even possible?

can a professional here explain this scaling with a chart or something? I really would like to see.
    It is because of Seasoned Soldier which grants 30% more rage to critical auto-attacks.

There is no need for a chart or anything, any specs that has access to a passive that grants additionnal bonuses / functionalities to a secondary stat has a stronger scaling. Exactly like Demon Hunters in Legion when their critical strikes with Chaos Strike used to refund 50% of the cost, now it is a flat 40% chance.

Note that having a better scaling does not make you an OP spec by default late into an expansion. If your spec is really bad and has a really low throughput, then scaling 10% better than everyone else will help close the gap a little bit but will not be enough to compensate.

Also note that having increased scaling to a secondary stat does not make it your best stat by default, Arms Warriors for example tend to favor Haste as far as I know.

The reason arms is good now is because it’s the first time this expansion where haste is high enough to have test of might and colossus smash up on your target during Memory of Lucid dreams and potentially during haste procs and with enough haste corruption and cd reduction corruption you close the gap between your test of might and CS rebuff window more and more. It’s just scaling like a beast now. Do not try to go arms without test of might x3 and MLD 3, it will not go well. Check herodamage or bloodmallet, but you’ll see what I mean. Fury’s build isn’t as rigid as arms but set up correctly arms is better than Fury on raidbosses. I’m 455 on my warrior with 10k str passive and with MLD 3 during execute I’ve gotten ToM to 18k str, 28k total. If you’re more geared and have haste/cd reduction corruption the sky is really the limit with arms right now, it’s a good time to switch.

Also noxxic’s info on warrior is so horribly misleading it isn’t funny. Loot at the damage breakdown for fury warriors, rampage is missing. How they consider themselves a real website for wow knowledge I’ll have no idea, never was good.

I'm flabbergasted Noxxic is still around. It was passable in Cataclysm for a tl;dr on what to reforge into for your stats but it went to hell real fast.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

PLEASE DON'T USE NOXXIC.

Sorry for caps

Both Fury and Arms are AMAZING right now.