Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

QoL & Minor changes you'd love to happen in WoW

QoL = Quality of life

So, what little things would you like the developers to change or add that you owuld enjoy?

For example:

1. Live character portrait option. - instead of a static picture, you get a live feed of your character that you can zoom in to just cover the face, or get the whole body:

The new models in 6.0 added a lot of facial expressions while moving, interacting, attacking or casting you never get to see, in fact you don't really see the front of your character, having a live feed portrait allows you to occassionally enjoy the expressions and movement of your toon from the front.

2. Redo character creation screens for the original races. I think they need an update, Improved surroundings or just a remodelling - the demon hunter and allied race ones seem the right dimensions and resoultions, switch to the original races and they're too huge.

Many more ofc, but these were 2 as an example.

3. Range classes can loot and interact with objects from range:
    Locks (&Hunters) can you their pets for this, while Mages/Priests/Druids/Shaman can use spells. For clickign things to destroy.. Casters/range don't have to go in melee, their hand icons are interactable from their max range and they can hurl their spells to do whatever action is neeeded

Loot: Able to loot from up to Maximum range
    Warlock: Uses pet
    Mage: Uses spell
    Druid: Summons an random critter animal to fetch
    Shaman: Summons a small elemental to colect
    Priest: Uses levitation spell

Interactable Objects: - All use spells to destroy or push item from up to maximum range
    Mage: Uses Spells
    Warlock: Uses Spells
    Balance Druid: Uses spell
    Elemental Shaman: Uses spell
    Priest: uses spell.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-24 at 08:25 PM.

Water Walking castable while mounted.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

- Shared gold per faction, cross-server.
    - Account-wide essences
    - Account-wide artifact power.
    - Account-wide reputations
    - Account-wide "crafting bag". All tradeskill items loot here automatically. Unlimited capacity. No need to go to bank.
    - Flying on Isle of Thunder & Timeless Isle
    - Much more expensive loot-a-rang usable by non-engineers (all 12 of my 120s are engineers due to this)
    - The return of runspeed enchants, in the same slot as a real core power enchant so there's a tradeoff
    - All enchants produce usable items on creation, no need to macro clicking a parchment.
    - Archaeology removed from the game, all old rewards moved to tradeskills
    - Every character able to learn 2 tradeskills and 1 gathering skill.
    - BFA stirrups working in 8.3 Vale/Uldum to interact while mounted.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-01-21 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Water Walking castable while mounted.
    Dammit you beat me to it

15+ Year Old Account
    Maghar Orc character screens have needed fixing since implementation. The Orcs are way too big, and for Shaman the part of the totem that's meant to be underground is showing. Fixing that would be a plus.
    Here is something to believe in!

- The number of mounts in the Mount tab is reflected in respective achievements, like Lord of the Reins; if you have 315 mounts in the tab, you qualify for the 300-mounts mount.

- The return of retired mounts in some capacity.

- Commendations for ALL reps; when you get to Honored, you get a one-use item that doubles your rep gains for a faction account-wide!

- Older Pathfinder achievements become automatically available when that expansion is no longer relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Postmaster not mailing me white and grey trash items.

Being able to delete a character despite it having mail by viewing the mail and clicking OK to delete at the character screen.

Being able to see in the tooltip how much you have, where it is (bag, bank, reagent bank) and on other toons at the same time (a feature of Altholic I love).

Being able to cast Prowl from Flight Form (i.e. switching to a cat while casting Prowl).
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to complete quests while in a raid if no more than 4 people help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Though it doesnt pertain to me easier Pathfinder once the expansion ends would help alot of people.

Toy box achievements giving toys, or something better than a pet at 400 (i have enough pets)

underwater mounts / druid forms swapping off when you breach the water surface

flying in all the flight restricted areas (SMC, Quel'Danas, Isle of thunder ETC)

account wide level 1 essences would be nice once they are unlocked once they become available for all characters on the account

Targeted transmog from raids something that would let you spend a bonus roll to get a specific piece from a boss (ive been after a belt from ToE since Pandaria and havent seen it drop ever)

10+ Year Old Account
    Right off the top of my head, I'd like to the ability to save binding profiles per spec rather than per character. Right now I use the Binder addon to do this as I like arranging spells neatly on my bars but it would be cool to see it as a proper built-in feature.

Mount Equipment that lets you herb on any mount. Make it come from Engineering, call it the Root-O-Rotor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely segregate PVP from PVE.

WM was a good start in the right direction, but it ultimately failed. Just remove WPVP from the game for good, force PVP to happen in Instanced PVP (BGs and Arena)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Patches with more hairstyles, tattoos etc for current races

Loot filter to not pick up greys/whites if I don't want to

10+ Year Old Account
    A few other random things I'd like to see that haven't been mentioned yet:

-Ability to change facial expression.
    -More precise customizations such as eye colour and separate horns and hair for draenei males.
    -Account-wide pet bandages.
    -Add more action bars that are always visible.
    -Portal to Silithus instead leads straight to Chamber of Heart.
    -Add a portal back to Stormwind and Orgrimmar in Uldum.
    -Change the Jade Forest portal to instead lead straight to the Shrines.
    -Different coloured death knight eyes depending on spec.

There's probably way more things I could add but a lot of the better ones have already been brought up by others.

Guild housing with a mission table in the kitchen so I can send followers out to quest for me while my character sits on the couch drinking.

Anchor weed dropping in Nazjatar would be nice.

Account wide Essence unlocks

Account Shared rep OR Bonus rep for alts if you've already gotten exalted once

Increased size of Reagent tab in bank

- Character Info window having an option for expanded stats and expanded stat information again

- Access to an option for extended information in spell-book: being able to see a breakdown of how much each ability is being improved by each stat or other abilities and by how much, what attack/spell power ratios each ability has, specifics like chance to occur, how many procs per minute, internal cool down, if any resource it costs or generates that isn't mentioned how much that is, etc.

- Access to transmog anywhere (without a yak)

- Access to mail anywhere

- Option for all separate backpack and bags to appear as one window instead of several

- Another collection tab to include various quest green/blue quality armor sets, being able to use those sets in transmog window

- Being able to collect transmog of any armor or weapon type on any character

- Flight paths instantly relocating you (you pick up off the ground, fade to black, then appear at your destination)

- Mounts instant cast, no forced dismount in trivial content

- Being able to click on battleground and arena instance icons on their world map locations to see the map for that area

- Adventure Guide tabs for Battlegrounds, Arenas, and World Events, with overviews on objectives, potential brawl mechanics, bosses, etc

- Clicking on a travel location icon on the world map ("Boat to Booty Bay", etc) will take you to the destination's page of the world map

- During the period they are available, World Events will have spots on the world map, and clicking on them will show any relevant information

- Right-clicking a quest in the objective window now has an option to abandon the quest, instead of needing to go to the quest log

- Being able to save more settings as default for new characters (auto-loot, left/right bars, player & target frame location)

- Not being booted out of the character creation screen when you are still active (not AFK)

- The game remembering your progress (realm you were on, options selected, any name you may have entered) on character creation

- Being able to preview your character in various armor sets and using various animations and abilities on character creation screen

- Access to information on specializations on character creation window

- Expanding on the macro window to make it easy for newer players to make useful macros

- Automatically switching players to the appropriate assigned specialization when they first zone in when using the dungeon or raid finder, and if they have never assigned abilities to that specialization's slots before, the bars' slots will automatically be filled with the unassigned abilities

- If a character obtains a new ability and the other ability slots are full and no other action bars are active, enables the left or right multi action bar and puts that ability onto the new multi action bar

- New players not having to set up key-binds: a default set of key-binds automatically set up for new players available on the multi-action bars

- Being able to move more of the UI, especially action bars, personal resource display, and special resources on targets

-A shared bank across all chars on that server. I hate sending mats around to alts.

-Reagent bag with significantly more slots than the current all-purpuse bags.
    -Consumable bag with significantly more slots than the current all-purpuse bags.

Loot filter to not pick up greys/whites if I don't want to
    This.

-Rares spawning as a shadow or ghost and doing a zone wide specific yell to announce their presence. And 30sec later they becomes attackable. Etiher this or just straight up buff rares hp with a large amount. Its rediculus how fast they die now. And its annoying as hell.

-Have events show a diffrent icon on minimap when they arent active (so you know that there is an even spawning here, just not up now).

-Im drowning in resources without even trying to farm them, give us something to spend them on...

-Give us the ability yo toggle/sort between diffrent games in the friendslist. Id prefer to always be seeing the ppl that are playing the same game as im in on the top of the list. Now i often have to scroll a long way to invite someone..

-An ingame timer to the next assault/invason/nazjatar battle.

-Ability to move/reduce/outright remove the fucking dialogue.. It covers my ui... Same with the damn memory quest.

-being able to do world quests and the like while in raid. I hate how im effectivly locked from doing any content when in waiting for my raidgroup to form...

-removing the rediculus xrealm limitation on mythic. Infact, i think we should remove the lockout too. Let it be like the heroic lockout so pugs can actually get a chance at clearing mythic raids without being completly fucked if someone leaves after 3 bosses (because gl finding someone willing to get locked to an id where the easy bosses are down).

-Give every class an ability to drop combat in the outdoor world. Too many times you end up stuck in combat for ages because some npc thats fighting antoher npc decided to also get some small amount of threat on you. Make it a 5sec or 10sec cast i dont care. Aslong as i dont have to run across half a zone to get rid of combat im happy.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-01-21 at 08:04 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.