Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    and people say this game is hard? the best spec is 3 buttons, wow hard game lul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Yeah, corruption RNG matters more than class, spec or most ability to play right now.
    Pretty much this. People are farming wq blues and whoever gets the top tier traits just wreck. Got a rogue on the team in all blues but 1 epic, corrupt is like 50 or smth and the dude wrecks as #1 dps in all fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think it's good for the community for something like this in such a high profile site.
    Agreed, even if the difference is as little as 2-5%, ppl will just not bring the "weak" spec to raid/M5+, then we get the FOTM rerollers who would have done better on the spec they are more familiar with rather than trying to be good as a new spec.
    And this boosts the community perception of "lesser" builds can be so bad Blizzard have to overbuff (Elemental, in Legion was it?) them to change the playerbase to accept the "lesser" specs into group content.

And the cycle continues.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I could tell Unholy was on bottom just because of the pure fact that it feels like my damage is capped, I can feel myself scaling poorly in game. I have no burst. My abilities have basically been hitting for the same amount the entire expansion and it's the same ramp up time. The only thing that really changed was I can use army twice in an encounter which only keeps me from dropping to the bottom, it doesn't seem to actually add burst.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I could tell Unholy was on bottom just because of the pure fact that it feels like my damage is capped, I can feel myself scaling poorly in game. I have no burst. My abilities have basically been hitting for the same amount the entire expansion and it's the same ramp up time. The only thing that really changed was I can use army twice in an encounter which only keeps me from dropping to the bottom, it doesn't seem to actually add burst.
    UH is not on the bottom and it's not in a bad place. If you're having problems you should use https://wowanalyzer.com/ or ask friends for tips.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    UH is not on the bottom and it's not in a bad place. If you're having problems you should use https://wowanalyzer.com/ or ask friends for tips.
    Can you explain the graphs? I'm not really struggling per se, I mean I'm not on bottom in the raids I've been in. If you read my post, I said I felt I was scaling poorly.

"ask friends for tips"
    Yeah you didn't read my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM is definitely bottom tier, not C tier. They lack the 2 target cleave or mass AoE that is abundantly needed in this tier. Target switching also sucks for them due to the long casts and channels, hunter's mark switching, and careful aim windows are small on adds.

Ah, yes, good to see the 2 specs I mostly play, enhancement and arcane, are bottom trash again. YAY!

Method released a vid like day ago which put all 3 warlock specs above rest. I trust method over wowhead.

Tbh unless you are raiding at top 200 and thus playing amongs people that are near skill capped this does not really matter.

Performing a proper rotation, planing burst windows accordingly can easily push you to the top of the meters even if you are not play a tier s spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavee View Post
    Tbh unless you are raiding at top 200 and thus playing amongs people that are near skill capped this does not really matter.

Performing a proper rotation, planing burst windows accordingly can easily push you to the top of the meters even if you are not play a tier s spec.
    The thing is, if you're low skilled player, especially in melee camp, you'll do much better picking havoc dh over survival hunter, ww monk or subtlety rogue, because havoc is not only performing high, but also piss easy to play, while ww / sub / survival all require more complicated rotation.

With ranged it's a bit different story, because imo fire mage requires actually good reflexes to not fuckup your procs. Destro lock is very easy though and high performer.

The problem is these tier lists are released not when people can plan which class to play, but when it's already too late to swap and you're kinda stuck with what you have.

It's less about "what should I play" and more about "can I get into groups / mythic guilds / m+ high keys with my spec or will I be rejected". Yes, the same player could perform better on class x than y but in most cases it's not the same player, it's 2 different players, and people who pick group members have no idea about their skill level.

Even good players of specs like feral and enhancement traditionally struggle to get into groups because of the community perception how these are "underdog" specs and will most likely just recruit another rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I see, thanks.
    You know a spec is bad if a fan site moderator can’t even find it on a tier list. It’s sad, I think FinalbossTV is the only one left that plays it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well looking at the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...5&difficulty=4
    they are right about Fire and Havoc, Feral is the surprise (and doesn't have enough parses so we will have to wait and see), unholy is better than they expected and balance worse. Both DPS Shaman and Windwalker Monk are fucked and Ret dps players will struggle but every other class has something decent to play if they are flexible on spec. Fire is gonna get a nerf though most likely, too much of an outlier.
    As a DPS shaman main, we definitely have an underdog mentality. We get our kicks from out performing our groupmates despite being suboptimal literally every single patch. I think Imperator Margok was literally the only fight enhancement was good but then we caught a nerf a few weeks in LOL

DH is S tier? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    DH is S tier? :O
    When was the last time DH wasn't S tier? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I think I can identify most icons, but what's the bottom left one?
    Enhancement shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I have no idea...

I just recently changed my main from DH to Fury

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Method released a vid like day ago which put all 3 warlock specs above rest. I trust method over wowhead.
    Why? They're really good at playing their classes and figuring out raid comps and they're very dedicated to bashing their heads against encounters until they get the right combination of gear / people not fucking up, but for the most part their raiders rely on the same resources that the rest of the community does. They're not particularly genius about what goes on under the bonnet in WoW. The overlap between best of the best player and the best of the best theorycrafter is smaller than one would think.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    ...6.1?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how it works.

High tier raiders are really good theorycrafters for the most part. There's a ton of really good theorycrafters but most aren't top tier raiders.

There's tiers and player percentiles to consider. A 99th percentile player can do more dps playing a weaksauce spec better than a 90th percentile playing a better spec. For example Method's Rogerbrown plays a hunter that is considered below average, yet he's topping every fight so far.

Then there's fights favoring specific classes. A destro lock will not be that great on single target, moving the spec into below average tier. However on 2 target fights with 10 second cleave windows every 30 seconds, he is S+++++++++.

Then there are cooldown timings. A fight with specific burn phases, stop dps phases or execute phases may favor cooldown heavy specs. Also, some fights require certain cooldowns at specific timings, proving a dps loss for overall dps. Other fights require particular jobs, like soaking, gathering goo on the ground etc.

Then there are the different flight durations favoring different cooldown timings. A 4 min 30 second fight will go a lot better for a 2 min cd spec than a 6 min fight.

Then there's different rng things like gear, crits and other spec specific proc rng.

Those are all things to consider. All in all, it depends on the fight to determine the best specs.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-01-30 at 09:13 AM.

I'm a bit miffed that fire made it up to the top once again for mage and frost for DK is once again preferable over unholy. I came to really hate both of them during BfA. But then I barely care enough to log in these days anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.