View Poll Results: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

20 5.14%
  • Yes

291 74.81%
  • Expected This

78 20.05%
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In place of Illidan getting the Kerrigan treatment in Legion, we got "blow up big bad with friendship beam" instead.

Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's true. Here's to hoping she carries another patch later.

@Darknessvamp

Why does Azshara have the dagger if she's a prisoner?
    I'm guessing it was N'zoth's way of taunting her. "Na na na I am literally feet away from you and the one thing that can rupture my flesh and expose my vital organs is in your grasp but you can't use it. Na na..."
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    In place of Illidan getting the Kerrigan treatment in Legion, we got "blow up big bad with friendship beam" instead.
    That wasn't a friendship beam at all, and Illidan never got the Kerrigan treatment, tf?!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    Is it shitty because you think it's shit via personal opinion or it's shit because it's genuinely shit? Hasn't one of the complaints in this game always been that the player gets the kill on the final boss "stolen" by big lore figures ala Tirion/Thrall/Illidan? Maybe the cutscene is short, but at least in this expansion you, the player, are incorporated into it to some degree. This time you can't say someone like Wrathion stole your kill. Canonically, the Alliance/Horde Adventurer took down N'Zoth in Ny'alotha.
    It's shit in my opinion, I can't and won't speak for others.

I don't mind the player characters getting the kill on bosses, I do find it strange how we're THE Champion now and it's not just ChampionS of Azeroth(since that's what Magnis faction is called). I suppose there's only one Heart of Azeroth or some shit, still I would've liked it better had they channeled the power through everyone in the raid and not just the one player character.

Really put emphasis on how you need a group of people for this kind of stuff.

I just want Shadowlands at this point, let's hope it doesn't take too long for them to release it. Don't wanne be doing this for the next 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    why? assuming he plays it for the story, this is a kick in the balls
    Story, that was already known with the announcement of SL. They complain about the form, not ending itself.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    "Several years of character development" lol

Like dafuq? I agree that as a show of power N'zoth was pitiful, but to pretend he has been anything but a charactersless blob of void like all the Old Gods are is hilarious. "character development" my ass bahhaha.
    The Thunder King was one patch of build up and that's your avatar. I'm not really gonna take your word as gospel, lmao.

DBZ did it better tbh.

The cinematic fits this expansions quality quite well.

Its dogshit

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Because there are way too many people around here who unironically believe this is the final showdown with the Void.
    Too true, I know WarCraft lore can be retconned on a whim, but the mighty and infamous Old Gods are just mere pets of the Void Lords. Were no more than pests for the Titans who themselves unfortunately lacked the finesse to deal with them directly.

I guess the additional voices are the Lords, their attention being drawn by the purge of their underlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Too true, I know WarCraft lore can be retconned on a whim, but the mighty and infamous Old Gods are just mere pets of the Void Lords. Were no more than pests for the Titans who themselves unfortunately lacked the finesse to deal with them directly.

I guess the additional voices are the Lords, their attention being drawn by the purge of their underlings.
    Void Lords are just Blizzard Dragon Ball Z-ing the Old Gods.

N'Zoth still deserved better than this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post

Void Lords are just Blizzard Dragon Ball Z-ing the Old Gods.

N'Zoth still deserved better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The cinematic fits this expansions quality quite well.

Its dogshit
    Imagine being on a fansite for a game you hate. Lmao.

Here is how I would've managed to make a less anticlimactic cinematic with a Blizz classic style :
    Goblins go crazy cus of N'zoth, prepare to fire the Azshara canon on Stormwind albeit the peace agreement, the cinematic shows the canon almost be fired by corrupted goblins and then n'zoth explodes and goblins are freed at the last second and change the position of the canon to fire somewhere else : Boom you have your "sword impact" of bfa but it's a crater and it's on another zone !

Ez
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I love WoW, I hate BFA. huge difference..

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That wasn't a friendship beam at all,
    Using Azeroth's power to blast N'Zoth apart while Magni screams his lungs out about how "Azeroth's strength is our strength" could have fooled me.

and Illidan never got the Kerrigan treatment, tf?!
    Precisely my point. He never became a glowing avatar of a divine power like the Illidan novel alluded to, so we got the climax to LotV in BfA instead.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2020-01-21 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I love WoW, I hate BFA. huge difference..
    BFA is WoW. Until 9.0, that is.

Imagine liking wow in 2020/2019/later-half-of-2018
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2020-01-21 at 10:26 PM. Reason: a word.

Compare this storyline... to the one another Villain got in another recent MMO that brought Shadows.

It's like... N'zoth didn't even have a story. Is Blizzard just phoning it in at this point?

BFA is WoW. Until 9.0, that is.
    So is Classic. But this fan site is about WoW in general, not just BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Shitshow incoming.

To be honest, I'm not surprised, not am I disappointed. The cinematic team did an incredible job throughout bfa and I think they are just more focused on Shadowlands at this point so I can't be angry at them for rushing that part.
    Is this literally the "Don't worry - wait for patch x.x" meme?