View Poll Results: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

20 5.14%
  • Yes

291 74.81%
  • Expected This

78 20.05%
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have to say this was what I expected but far worse. Nzoth was the one thing I hope blizzard wouldnt completely fuck up. I guess we have half assed generic villains and sylvans to look forward to until the inevitable reboot in a few years.

heres hoping theres atleast a secret mythic phase

They are clearly run out of ideas. The Wrathion cinematic reminded me of Arya vs King of the Night and the final cinematic of a random episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Like another posted before "i was expecting nothing and still i'm disappointed".

N'zoth didn't feel the big bad boy of the expansion and his end feels like we defeated a random dude, like with Deathwing on Cataclysm. So much lore wasted in this expansion: Azshara and Nazjatar and the Old Gods and Nyalotha.

Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    There's something astoundingly hollow about the "victory" that follows this cinematic. It's probably the fact we beat this Old God in the patch after he was just released and became a "threat" to Azeroth and there also happens to be a crazy elf seeking death en mass that is still out there and is actually able to follow through on that plan.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    When you go to the restaurant, if you receive a shit dish you are still entitled to point that out, doesnt matter how delicious appetizers they served and doesnt matter if they are in rush for the next meal. You can think its a bad analogy, but the point still stands - doing good for a time isnt an excuse to do bad, and a current product should certainly not suffer in cost of a future one.
    In terms of an expansion, a story-- you can't just start it with blaring sirens and celebration and then end it with a wet fart.

You wouldn't enjoy a book either if it started great then ended the main point of conflict that was built up in 1 page of anticlimactic bullshittery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    JAnd the best thing is N'Zoth helped out because he essentially handed the dagger to Sylvanas for no reason whatsoever.
    ?
    Its was the horde "champion" that handed it to her. It was basically "geez, this dagger had an old god in it. And it still reeks of bad voodoo. Nzoth could have done something to it... Yes, I'll just bring it to my warchief, what could go wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    So basically it's an in-game cutscene where the player character goes full DBZ and Kamehamehas Nzoth in the face? There isn't even a real cutscene?

Good lord that's bad.
    The real cinematic is attached to the in-game cutscene. It just shows N'Zoth blowing up and Ny'alotha disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The cinematic fits this expansions quality quite well.

Its dogshit
    Lmfaooooo. This is the gold in the thread.

An awful end to an awful expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    WoD had no middle, BfA has no end.

What's next?
    We'll go into Shadowlands straight into the part of Sylvanas being redeemed and killing Jailer or whoever is the true enemy to her Kylo Ren plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

We'll go into Shadowlands straight into the part of Sylvanas being redeemed and killing Jailer or whoever is the true enemy to her Kylo Ren plot.
    I almost believe it lmao.

The real cinematic is attached to the in-game cutscene. It just shows N'Zoth blowing up and Ny'alotha disappearing.
    Yeah I saw. 20 seconds of Nzoth dying and all his constructs disappearing...? Yikes they really cut corners on 8.3. What a terrible end.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You can both enjoy something and be critical of it at the same time.
    What a preposterous idea.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Sylvanas will kiss Anduin to transfer her life essence to him to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You can both enjoy something and be critical of it at the same time.
    There's no critical people on this site. They either love it too much or hate it too much.

In terms of an expansion, a story-- you can't just start it with blaring sirens and celebration and then end it with a wet fart.

You wouldn't enjoy a book either if it started great then ended the main point of conflict that was built up in 1 page of anticlimactic bullshittery.
    Or just GoT ending lmao. 8.3 had even Arya... ehym, Wrathion jumping at the big bad with a magical dagger.
    Is Anduinn going to be Danearys and burn Orgrimmar?

Just you wait for Shadowlands redeeming Sylvanas, Kael, Arthas, Gul'dan and so on.
    Gul'dan was always planning on defeating Sargeras and create a new universe full of happiness
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah I saw. 20 seconds of Nzoth dying and all his constructs disappearing...? Yikes they really cut corners on 8.3. What a terrible end.
    They couldn't find a way to hamfist Wrathion's smug face in there so they had no motivation to make something cool out of the expansion finale.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    We will go straight into scene where sylvanas yells about high ground and anduin burns in river of lava yelling "I hate you!".

Sylvanas will kiss Anduin to transfer her life essence to him to save his life.
    This HONESTLY feels like the ending to THAT MOVIE!!
    PUT THEM SIDE BY SIDE AND HONESTLY... HOLY SHIT...
    "I am ALL the Old Gods!"
    "And I am ALL of the children of Azeroth" *KAHMEMEMEHAAAAA*
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    ?
    Its was the horde "champion" that handed it to her. It was basically "geez, this dagger had an old god in it. And it still reeks of bad voodoo. Nzoth could have done something to it... Yes, I'll just bring it to my warchief, what could go wrong"
    You thought it was Sylvanas who was playing 10D interdimensional poker, but it was actually us, the PC.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.