Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Check the BfA "review" thread. Check the 8 usernames who voted this as a "good" expansion. It's all the usual defenders. Yet they're dead silent in that thread too.

Possible this cinematic tipped them over the edge?

- - - Updated - - -

"Why aren't you guys happy? We gave you random abilities back and didn't try to integrate them into your class or rotation at all. Why aren't you happy you can cast Fireball as a Frost Mage yet it doesn't do any damage?" - Blizzard, probably.
    Yep exactly.

it feels like we killed some big bad dog.

yeah. emotionless. empty... hollow.

Clearly someone high on the cinematic team saw Reign of Fire and was like "What if it was the dragon that jumped instead?"

Yeah look, I defend alot of what blizzard does story wise because I’ve enjoyed a lot of what they’ve put out recently... but this was seriously underwhelming

Onto Shadowlands please

I refuse to believe that senior management on the wow team looked at the cinematic and gave the green light for this to be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I refuse to believe that senior management on the wow team looked at the cinematic and gave the green light for this to be acceptable.
    Why would they care? They have more Sylvanas body pillows to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion went full Prince of Persia.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if N'zoth was neutered from the get go and wasn't really a threat. The twist is that Wrathion was the true villain of the expansion and all we did was follow his plan to trap N'zoth so he could staby stab.

As for all the rest I didn't really take issue to anything. A little lack luster but not really that bad. I think people just have a built up expectation with how good the cinematic department has been the last few years with stuff. I also wonder if there is a mythic component we are missing as of yet. If there is not 8.3.5 they might wrap up more in the pre-patch. Or maybe they just have some epilogue type zone built in but it doesn't unlock until raid finder fully unlocks.

If if there is nothing else I'm not disappointed. Just not overly impressed. So no hate/dislike.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Even Deathwing had a cooler cinematic.. not to mention how this is THE SAME cinematic but WAY LESS COOL.. pretty sad end to the first fully unleashed old god.
    1 Boss.. 1 fight... 1 end.. no continuation to the next expansion..

Instead, we are just getting some more sylvanas. Woohoo. Is it too hard for the biggest MMO to have a good ending for once? Is it trying to copy Star Wars or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    That cutscene is the stupidest thing i've seen so far. We're really going full dragonball Z
    Dragonball Z was good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    no continuation to the next expansion..
    As much as I absolutely loathe the in game cutscene. We don't know if it didn't show a continuation into Shadowlands...what if it was all a dream, what if we actually died and that's what leads into Shadowlands and how we got to Shadowlands in the first place. We really have no idea at this point.

Either way the lack of cinematic was an absolute disgrace and a disservice to the game, the fans, and the franchise as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't posted on this site in a long ass time but this expansion and cinematic was such absolute trash I just had to log on and share my thoughts, which thankfully many people share here.

jesus fucking christ
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

So, without 8.3.5, that means

- No bridge to 9.0 or any future expansion ?
    - Nobody cares about the sword ?
    - Xal'atath was ultimately totally not the only tool to defeat N'zoth ?
    - Faction war was indeed ultimately useless ?
    - Not even a single Azeroth's hero was here, except Magni ?

I kinda understand they couldn't do a fully-fledged out cinematic as the PC is the focal point this time, but geez, that's still a 1:30 cinematic with no epic moment, no consequences and no dialogue.

Goddamnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    You know, nevermind the shitty cinematic. Doesn't this mean that if the knaifu is the only way to open the way to N'zoth's brain then supposing N'zoth had jsut tossed it in the bin, the heroes would go to where the Carapace boss fight takes place and he'd just swat them since they have no way of getting in?
    Well, thats my big problem with these major threats. Be it Arthas, Deathwing or every other major villains. As soon as they become loot pinata and even before, they turn completely idiotic and incompetent. That is also the reason why i don't really care about them. Because why should i? We will defeat them no problem anyway. And its a shame because these character do have more potential.

But yeah, this ending cinematic was pathetic. But a fitting ending to the shit show that was / is BfA.

They literally wasted the Legion, Azshara and N'zoth and all that comes with these factions / characters in two expansions. Either they really want to get rid of old lore and characters really fast, or they're even more incompetent than i thought.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2020-01-22 at 08:25 AM.

Didn’t I already see this?

Oh yeah, Lord of the Rings.

The only thing that was missing was Pippin yelling Frodo at the end.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-01-22 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Didn’t I already see this?

Oh yeah, Lord of the Rings.
    Exactly, just a few more eyes. That was just the cheapest and the unepic way to end a "god" who was old and plotted for many years as the cuuuuuurrrrropteeeeeuuur... who got corrupoted? I mean did he even successfully corrupt an apple after his release?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Hes in hes domain, hes loose! no bonds or prison like like all others.. hes the first old god who is lose my friend. Its not gonna be better then this.

I repeat: this is the full might of an old god here, there is even a blue post about this I believe. Look many people are salty over the nya lotha not a new zone just a raid thing, but this is N zoth in all its glory it doesnt matter if our world is bombed or what ever like you said this is the god of scheming and stuff. This is it.
    And it got flushed down nothingness

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Yeah I saw. 20 seconds of Nzoth dying and all his constructs disappearing...? Yikes they really cut corners on 8.3. What a terrible end.
    And not just the corners...
    Last edited by Dapower; 2020-01-22 at 07:37 AM.

Seems like the "uhh who cares hes just an old god tumor cthun and yogg didnt get anything either" damage control is already setting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seems like the "uhh who cares hes just an old god tumor cthun and yogg didnt get anything either" damage control is already setting in.
    yeah old gods where always boring

Quote Originally Posted by Katie45 View Post
    yeah old gods where always boring
    Thank God we have another expansion of tactically guitar sliding elf screaming on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Why would Sylvanas go through all this trouble for the dagger, only to somehow, let it get into Wraithons hands to use it. Didn't she want to be the one? How did they handle that little switcharoo?
    Sylvanas didn't really care about N'zoth, she just wanted the dagger as a bargaining chip with Azshara, so she kills rebellious Horde and a majority of the Alliance fleet.

On-topic: That ending sucked. Hard.