View Poll Results: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

20 5.14%
  • Yes

291 74.81%
  • Expected This

78 20.05%
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, without 8.3.5, that means

- No bridge to 9.0 or any future expansion ?
    - Nobody cares about the sword ?
    - Xal'atath was ultimately totally not the only tool to defeat N'zoth ?
    - Faction war was indeed ultimately useless ?
    - Not even a single Azeroth's hero was here, except Magni ?

I kinda understand they couldn't do a fully-fledged out cinematic as the PC is the focal point this time, but geez, that's still a 1:30 cinematic with no epic moment, no consequences and no dialogue.

Goddamnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    You know, nevermind the shitty cinematic. Doesn't this mean that if the knaifu is the only way to open the way to N'zoth's brain then supposing N'zoth had jsut tossed it in the bin, the heroes would go to where the Carapace boss fight takes place and he'd just swat them since they have no way of getting in?
    Well, thats my big problem with these major threats. Be it Arthas, Deathwing or every other major villains. As soon as they become loot pinata and even before, they turn completely idiotic and incompetent. That is also the reason why i don't really care about them. Because why should i? We will defeat them no problem anyway. And its a shame because these character do have more potential.

But yeah, this ending cinematic was pathetic. But a fitting ending to the shit show that was / is BfA.

They literally wasted the Legion, Azshara and N'zoth and all that comes with these factions / characters in two expansions. Either they really want to get rid of old lore and characters really fast, or they're even more incompetent than i thought.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2020-01-22 at 08:25 AM.

Didn’t I already see this?

Oh yeah, Lord of the Rings.

The only thing that was missing was Pippin yelling Frodo at the end.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-01-22 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Didn’t I already see this?

Oh yeah, Lord of the Rings.
    Exactly, just a few more eyes. That was just the cheapest and the unepic way to end a "god" who was old and plotted for many years as the cuuuuuurrrrropteeeeeuuur... who got corrupoted? I mean did he even successfully corrupt an apple after his release?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Hes in hes domain, hes loose! no bonds or prison like like all others.. hes the first old god who is lose my friend. Its not gonna be better then this.

I repeat: this is the full might of an old god here, there is even a blue post about this I believe. Look many people are salty over the nya lotha not a new zone just a raid thing, but this is N zoth in all its glory it doesnt matter if our world is bombed or what ever like you said this is the god of scheming and stuff. This is it.
    And it got flushed down nothingness

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Yeah I saw. 20 seconds of Nzoth dying and all his constructs disappearing...? Yikes they really cut corners on 8.3. What a terrible end.
    And not just the corners...
    Last edited by Dapower; 2020-01-22 at 07:37 AM.

Seems like the "uhh who cares hes just an old god tumor cthun and yogg didnt get anything either" damage control is already setting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seems like the "uhh who cares hes just an old god tumor cthun and yogg didnt get anything either" damage control is already setting in.
    yeah old gods where always boring

Quote Originally Posted by Katie45 View Post
    yeah old gods where always boring
    Thank God we have another expansion of tactically guitar sliding elf screaming on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Why would Sylvanas go through all this trouble for the dagger, only to somehow, let it get into Wraithons hands to use it. Didn't she want to be the one? How did they handle that little switcharoo?
    Sylvanas didn't really care about N'zoth, she just wanted the dagger as a bargaining chip with Azshara, so she kills rebellious Horde and a majority of the Alliance fleet.

On-topic: That ending sucked. Hard.

you know, i've been seeing argument points saying "it was a faction war expansion, not an old god expansion" and "n'zoth served his purpose for the expansion" and people bringing up points that the antorus ending cinematic was 3 mins and all that because legion was a Burning legion expansion

i get all of these points - i understand that BFA was a "faction war" expansion

but why did 8.3 have to be n'zoth and the black empire as the antagonists? if it was going to be this lackluster of a patch, if it --had-- to be a big lore story like ny'alotha regulated to a raid zone and big lore figure finally emerging from chains after over 10,000 years (to only be freed for, what, 2 weeks in-game time?) and have such a deflating, anti-climatic ending?

they could have used another antagonist - another world threatening presence - and still bring in characters like wrathion and ra-den. it didn't --have-- to be n'zoth and the black empire...

...unless internally Blizz writers/developers really don't like the old god story and just wanted to get it out of the way finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Thank God we have another expansion of tactically guitar sliding elf screaming on the horizon.
    This expansion sucked but at least it gave us some good memes.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

I see no good arguments for this one. No one can't defend how shitty and underwhelming this was.

Blizzard has stopped caring a while ago, now we're seeing the full "we don't care what you want, this is what we think is cool".

I been defending WoW's lore to the death in BfA, I have taken so many bullets shot by people on this forum I am literally riddled with holes, but this ending, not taking a bullet for this one :P

I love the BfA intro storyline
    I loved the Jaina Storyline (so much that it's one of my favourite WoW lore moments ever)
    I loved the Kul Tiras and Zandalar zones
    I praised the Surfang stuff
    The Nazjatar and Machagon stuff was a great patch with interesting lore
    Even the Sylvanas stuff which I wasnt particularly fond of, I played devils advocate to give some benefit of the doubt.

But the way this was done... It;s no so much that I am disappointed by the outcome but more what could have been instead. A part of me feels like this expansion should have ended with Azshara being the end boss. And the next expansion being an Old God themed one. N'Zoth went out like a chump.

This expansion feels like Rise of the Skywalker, three movies crammed into one. Where as Warlords of Draenor had so little and too much was scrapped, this expansion is the extreme opposite, it wanted to add so much that it felt bloated. The faction War, Azshara, Old Gods... Which one was this expansion supposed to be about?

BfA should have been about the faction war with the Old Gods looming int he background, or Aszhara looming in the background. Not have every one of them being defeated in one expansion. :S
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-22 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Just making a thread before the raid starts. What are your guesses as to what happens in the rendered cinematic that happens based on the leaked WoWhead cinematic?
    Alleria says she can hear the voices more so I am guessing this'll be our first loss but we don't know that we lost.

A 28 SECOND END CINEMATIC!!
    Shoot me, not gonna dig through 23 pages of replies, but what is "the leaked WoWhead cinematic" to make my guesses.

As for the ones above: Wrathion attacking...does that happen right before the final boss fight?

Anyways...disappointed. Deeply. Stuff explodes in 30 seconds....okay. Now compare that with almost 4 minutes of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIrj_Vqdfc. Sure..can't have a lengthy death scene with an old god and talking to him like Arthas to his father. But man..."No king rules forever", "I can see only darkness" - This is good stuff.

As somebody said in the thread on the frontpage: What is it with all the other unresolved stuff? Azshara? Sargeras sword? Containment of corrupted zones? healing of the planet? Really no more about the main characters?

EDIT: Shoot me, went to Wowhead, found another cutscene that involves our character and is 1:40. Makes more sense now. Also another cutscene during turn in of the "Kill N'Zoth" quest...so that ties at least one thing up a bit.

Maybe OP can include that?
    Last edited by det; 2020-01-22 at 09:48 AM.

The idea of faction war and black empire individual expasions are a good idea. Forcing them together has meant both of BFA plotlines feel rush and slapped dash. Both the duel at Orgrimmar and the pewpew lasers are disappointing rushed endings
    Last edited by WonderZebra; 2020-01-22 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Why would Sylvanas go through all this trouble for the dagger, only to somehow, let it get into Wraithons hands to use it. Didn't she want to be the one? How did they handle that little switcharoo?
    So here's what happened. Includes spoilers for new raid:
    Horde players found Xalatath and deliveried it to Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas made a deal with Azshara that she will deliver Xalatath to her.
    That's what sparked 8.2 - Horde navy with Nathanos was going to Nazjatar for just that reason.
    Just as we crashed Nathanos fucked off with the dagger - turns out he went straight to Azshara.
    Azshara then lured us to her palace, and ultimately to N'Zoth's prison, so she could use our Heart of Azeroth to break the seals and free N'Zoth, and then stab him in the back with the dagger.
    But we didn't really comply, we beat the shit out of her but didn't stop chains from being broken - N'Zoth escaped, and snatched Azshara and the dagger with her.
    He realized she was going to betry him, so he put her in Ny'alotha to be tormented and punished.
    We arrive in Ny'alotha, kill her torturer, what's her name, and get the dagger from Azshara, where she explains it's the only way to stop him, nada nada nada.
    Wrathion takes it, stabs Carpace of N'Zoth and we get 2 last fights.
    We ignore what Azshara said, ultimately, and instead using dagger to imprison N'Zoth inside, we Azerite KAMEHAMEHA Wave him, Goku Style (RISE YOUR HANDS FOR CHAPION OF AZEROTH AND GIVE HIM YOUR ENERGY! \(^.^)/ )
    The. End?

Meanwhile Sylvanas fucks off to fight Bolvar, because fuck it, why not? Probably would've been better explained in 8.3.5, but guess what? No 8.3.5..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

[QUOTE=DemoBytom;52040839
    We ignore what Azshara said, ultimately, and instead using dagger to imprison N'Zoth inside, we Azerite KAMEHAMEHA Wave him, Goku Style (RISE YOUR HANDS FOR CHAPION OF AZEROTH AND GIVE HIM YOUR ENERGY! \(^.^)/ )[/QUOTE]

But that's a Spirit Bomb, not a Kamehameha wave!
    Would actually look cooler . . . Imagine something akin to FF7 end where Holy activates
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As somebody said in the thread on the frontpage: What is it with all the other unresolved stuff? Azshara? Sargeras sword? Containment of corrupted zones? healing of the planet? Really no more about the main characters?

EDIT: Shoot me, went to Wowhead, found another cutscene that involves our character and is 1:40. Makes more sense now.

Maybe OP can include that?
    That doesn't make many sense though.

Imagine you being stabbed with a one-meter blade, someone comes, collects your blood and kills the guy who stabbed you with it, then declares you're perfectly fine from now on. Like, yeah, you still have a blade embedded into your stomach.

Magni declaring Azeroth is healed doesn't mean Azeroth is healed. She's psychologically fine as she's no longer under Old Gods attacks/influence, but damn, we did literally nothing to "heal her".

That's the problem with Ny'alotha being a pocket reality : erasing N'zoth here doesn't have ANY impact on our world, because it is a pocket reality which had NO links to ours until Ny'alotha raid (which we cleaned in probably two weeks or one month in Azeroth's timeline). Azeroth will be "healed" and "safe" when the sword will have disappear and the wound healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Well, thats my big problem with these major threats. Be it Arthas, Deathwing or every other major villains. As soon as they become loot pinata and even before, they turn completely idiotic and incompetent. That is also the reason why i don't really care about them. Because why should i? We will defeat them no problem anyway.
    Unless ofc they are faction leaders, then they run or get captured

Honestly, during Classic and up to Arthas I didn't have a problem with it. Felt like "Okay, it is in the end just a guy and we are 40 (25) against him and even have help in several cases. But maybe I had much much leass info on how strong Illidan or Arthas are supposed to be.

Recently, these beings have just been to crazy...but hey..maybe I am making excuses for the old stuff, like Ragnaros and Kil'Jaeden that should also apply to the huge fights in Legion and now BfA. After all, we have help then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    That cutscene is the stupidest thing i've seen so far. We're really going full dragonball Z
    Because Dragon Ball is the only thing that has large energy beams and explosions? LOL
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But that's a Spirit Bomb, not a Kamehameha wave!
    Would actually look cooler . . . Imagine something akin to FF7 end where Holy activates
    I know we mix 2 DBZ techniques into one, but to be fair that gathering energy before blast is the Spirit Bomb moment, can't see it otherwise.
    But then the blast is clearly Kamehameha..

Spirit Bomb Kamehameha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!