Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I think they just never had the time, to get wration in legion. I mean hes bodyguards were out there.. imo they realy missed the ball and hype buildup for wrathion for Legion. Now hes like.. oo hey you showed up, gtfo with him. To late son no one cares.
    Wrathion's whole shtick in MoP was that he would do everything to prepare us for the Legion and presumably to fight the Legion back.

Then he ends up being more or less partially culpable for bringing the Legion to Azeroth, disappears for all of Legion and then pops back up. "Hee-hee. Yeah, I decided you could handle that Legion business. I figured the Old Gods were a bigger deal."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    While I don't mind Wrathion so I can't really relate, I for once agree with Blizzard about shifting his angle to be about N'zoth instead of the demons, since his focus on the Legion was always a bit abstract. Yeah, they want to destroy the world, but so does every other baddie. Doesn't have much to do with his dad or his flight, whereas the Old Gods fucking over the Black Dragonflight has been there from the word go. That and for someone as conceited as him, to whom a big deal is being different from the other black dragons and not screwing up in the same way, the old gods are better as a baddie.
    then they honestly should've decided that to begin with. Regardless, he should've at least been around in Legion to help fight rather than just going "sup sorry I kinda helped cause the Legion, bye."

I've read somewhere that there were 2 encrypted cinematics - one lasting 59 seconds and one lasting 29 seconds. If that's true then we already know the longer one, so even if we get another one, it's probably not going to be anything super meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I'm expecting disappointment.
    Basically this, and since you can't fall off the floor I can only win when I think this way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I've read somewhere that there were 2 encrypted cinematics - one lasting 59 seconds and one lasting 29 seconds. If that's true then we already know the longer one, so even if we get another one, it's probably not going to be anything super meaningful.
    So.. pretty much similar to the times Cata did them, there were 3 short ones.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wrathion's whole shtick in MoP was that he would do everything to prepare us for the Legion and presumably to fight the Legion back.

Then he ends up being more or less partially culpable for bringing the Legion to Azeroth, disappears for all of Legion and then pops back up. "Hee-hee. Yeah, I decided you could handle that Legion business. I figured the Old Gods were a bigger deal."
    Yea, which ruined it for me sadly. He could have been this shady information giver and helping us.

then they honestly should've decided that to begin with. Regardless, he should've at least been around in Legion to help fight rather than just going "sup sorry I kinda helped cause the Legion, bye."
    Yeah, the fact that the sum of anyone referencing the fact that he helped trigger the Legion invasion as well as bail out Garry and send out the Iron Horde, which is something no one in the cast should like is one punch by Anduin while Anduin is met to be affected by N'zoth, so casting the action as irrational, is a cop out. In line with Blizzard I suppose.

Though in terms of starting out, the very first big questline he had was all about that origin and the imagery of Deathwing is prominent in his story in Mists as well. Both things steeped more in the old gods than the Legion.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Only Wrathion and Illidan are basically the same characters. They can't both share the same spotlight.

I guess the dagger exploded? If so, it's the first class artifact weapon to be canonically destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Only Wrathion and Illidan are basically the same characters. They can't both share the same spotlight.
    Lol, I guess so.

Blizzard just isn't getting away with it just by saying "poof we changed Wrathion's goals because we wanted to." It doesn't work that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the fact that the sum of anyone referencing the fact that he helped trigger the Legion invasion as well as bail out Garry and send out the Iron Horde, which is something no one in the cast should like is one punch by Anduin while Anduin is met to be affected by N'zoth, so casting the action as irrational, is a cop out. In line with Blizzard I suppose.

Though in terms of starting out, the very first big questline he had was all about that origin and the imagery of Deathwing is prominent in his story in Mists as well. Both things steeped more in the old gods than the Legion.
    I don't disagree. But you gotta finish what you set up. And even if he wasn't a part of the cause behind the Iron Horde and the Legion by extent, it'd still make sense for him to fight to preserve Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So.. pretty much similar to the times Cata did them, there were 3 short ones.
    Honestly, I'm expecting a short, yet quite flashy, cinematic featuring locking N'zoth in the dagger or something.

Which is a shame, because I generally prefer cinematics that have character interactions and tell some story. Like... as much as I've disliked the ending of WoD, i'd much rather get another "Draenor is free" style of cinematic than one that looks cool, but doesn't really contain any story. I just feel that would be a more fitting ending to an expansion.

But well, we'll see soon.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-01-21 at 09:16 PM.

I don't disagree. But you gotta finish what you set up. And even if he wasn't a part of the cause behind the Iron Horde and the Legion by extent, it'd still make sense for him to fight to preserve Azeroth.
    No argument as regards the bolded. It should at least be referenced. It's alluded to in his journal, but being his journal it's obviously self-congratulatory. It's the responses of others that should kick in.

Re: him appearing in Legion. Given the focus, yeah, he should be, but they had trouble even with the existing cast, and there's nothing Wrathion himself could really provide that other characters couldn't do better.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    How low you must tread to make a click baity thread like that, just to "reserve the right" to be the creator of a discussion that will start once the cinematic is released?

I'm reporting this thread hoping mods have at least a little will to uphold the forum rules.

Edit: Oh wait, a mod already commented in this thread, not seeing anything wrong in it. So are this kind of threads endorsed now, can we break whatever rules we want or are mods just picky about which rules they uphold and which not?
    someone is big mad, I feel sorry for the guy who pissed in your cereal bowl today!

The best part about the cinematic is that the stupid old gods will most likely be over For now.

I would rather have green fel legion stuff than old gods at the moment. I am sick of it as i have been since like 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    LOL

it's just for the avatar
    Wait, what? That's the last cinematic expected? There won't be a true ending cinematic this time?

AMazing, BfA manages to underwhelm me no matter how low I set my expectations.
    Whatever...

No argument as regards the bolded. It should at least be referenced. It's alluded to in his journal, but being his journal it's obviously self-congratulatory. It's the responses of others that should kick in.

Re: him appearing in Legion. Given the focus, yeah, he should be, but they had trouble even with the existing cast, and there's nothing Wrathion himself could really provide that other characters couldn't do better.
    I don't disagree, but he could've at least been doing something so that he didn't spend all of MoP talking about defending Azeroth from the Legion, bringing the Legion to Azeroth with WoD and then poofing when the Legion did show up on Azeroth.

Again, if characters were written consistently, they'd demand his head on a pike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Wait, what? That's the last cinematic expected? There won't be a true ending cinematic this time?

AMazing, BfA manages to underwhelm me no matter how low I set my expectations.
    Thats the one before the carapace of N'zoth.

Less then 30% Squishei is. I think they're fucked though.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-01-21 at 09:21 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

Amazing, BfA manages to underwhelm me no matter how low I set my expectations.
    Nah, just a small one before the Carapace of N'Zoth fight.

While I don't mind Wrathion so I can't really relate, I for once agree with Blizzard about shifting his angle to be about N'zoth instead of the demons, since his focus on the Legion was always a bit abstract. Yeah, they want to destroy the world, but so does every other baddie. Doesn't have much to do with his dad or his flight, whereas the Old Gods fucking over the Black Dragonflight has been there from the word go. That and for someone as conceited as him, to whom a big deal is being different from the other black dragons and not screwing up in the same way, the old gods are better as a baddie.
    Yeah, in retrospect, swapping any word regarding "Legion" with "Old God" or "N'zoth" would have been more fitting for Wrathion as a character when it came to MoP. MoP even had big Old God influence throughout its expansion, so it would further add more sense to it. I'm guessing the role that Illidan partook in Legion was originally intended for Wrathion until they realized the above, but it was too late to go back to MoP and change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Yeah, in retrospect, swapping any word regarding "Legion" with "Old God" or "N'zoth" would have been more fitting for Wrathion as a character when it came to MoP. MoP even had big Old God influence throughout its expansion, so it would further add more sense to it. I'm guessing the role that Illidan partook in Legion was originally intended for Wrathion until they realized the above, but it was too late to go back to MoP and change it.
    Then you have to roll with it. You can't expect players to just bleach that stuff from their mind.

But we already know Blizzard can't write things consistently, so whatever.

as i said on the official forums (US)
    I think staysafe said it best, you would have to be stupid to think post wrath story to be good.

Obviously not fact