Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Nya'lotha The Waking City End Cinematic [DISCUSSION/SPOILERS]

Just making a thread before the raid starts. What are your guesses as to what happens in the rendered cinematic that happens based on the leaked WoWhead cinematic?
    Alleria says she can hear the voices more so I am guessing this'll be our first loss but we don't know that we lost.

A 28 SECOND END CINEMATIC!!

UPDATE: BLIZZARD UNLISTED THE VIDEO BECAUSE OF THE DISLIKES!
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-01-22 at 03:24 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'm expecting disappointment.

She says that the whispers have not decreased like one would expect after an Old God's defeat, but have actually worsened, and new voices have joined the chorus. Which means that the Old Gods are probably not going to remain dead for long, and that N'Zoth's defeat somehow benefits both him and the Void Lords. This actually aligns with Xal'athath's whisper from Legion, in which she said that even defeat always ended up working in N'Zoth's favour.

Either way, this isn't the last we've seen of the Void or the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    She says that the whispers have not decreased like one would expect after an Old God's defeat, but have actually worsened, and new voices have joined the chorus. Which means that the Old Gods are probably not going to remain dead for long, and that N'Zoth's defeat somehow benefits both him and the Void Lords. This actually aligns with Xal'athath's whisper from Legion, in which she said that even defeat always ended up working in N'Zoth's favour.

Why would it be the last we've seen of the Void? We haven't even really started down that path as its obvious they've replaced the Burning Legion as the big bad of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I'm expecting disappointment.
    A wise decision. You will (ironically) not be disappointed regardless of it being good or bad if you feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Why would it be the last we've seen of the Void? We haven't even really started down that path as its obvious they've replaced the Burning Legion as the big bad of the universe.
    Because there are way too many people around here who unironically believe this is the final showdown with the Void.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I expect we will kill N'zoth in the cinematic, I know, wild stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I expect we will kill N'zoth in the cinematic, I know, wild stuff.
    I'm actually not so sure we will or do, to be honest. According to Azshara, we need to use the Xal'atath blade to properly finish N'Zoth - and we don't utilize it insofar as I know to do that, instead relying on the Heart of Azeroth's energy to do so. It's an open question as to whether Azshara is being truthful about the Xal'atath blade or not, but as at the time she has little cause to lie (as she herself intended on betraying him as well) it seems a curious omission.

Difficult to say how it will ultimately shake out though. I think N'Zoth will be defeated either way - but permanent death may not be in the cards, depending.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm actually not so sure we will or do, to be honest. According to Azshara, we need to use the Xal'atath blade to properly finish N'Zoth - and we don't utilize it insofar as I know to do that, instead relying on the Heart of Azeroth's energy to do so. It's an open question as to whether Azshara is being truthful about the Xal'atath blade or not, but as at the time she has little cause to lie (as she herself intended on betraying him as well) it seems a curious omission.

Difficult to say how it will ultimately shake out though. I think N'Zoth will be defeated either way - but permanent death may not be in the cards, depending.
    It's still a highly debatable topic whether we even truly killed Yogg-saron and C'thun to be honest, so short of completely disintegrating N'zoth with what is technology Wrathion and Magni just developed that was not available to The Pantheon when they were dealing with The old God problem, I expect N'zoth's "dead" lump of a body to come back to haunt us years down the line. Even if in the cinematic we appear to blow off his head, it could be said the body remained alive and could in theory re-generate over long periods of hibernation ("death") to awaken again in the future. Blizzard always seems to dance around defining whether Yogg'saron or C'thun are dead. "They're dead by mortal terms, but... eh... we might see them again."

Only Y'shaarj is truly dead, dead. They keep these in their side pockets for that Void Lords expansion so they can revive them when they need some raid bosses. Let's see if they leave N'zoth in a state of ambiguity like the other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's still a highly debatable topic whether we even truly killed Yogg-saron and C'thun to be honest, so short of completely disintegrating N'zoth with what is technology Wrathion and Magni just developed that was not available to The Pantheon when they were dealing with The old God problem, I expect N'zoth's "dead" lump of a body to come back to haunt us years down the line. Even if in the cinematic we appear to blow off his head, it could be said the body remained alive and could in theory re-generate over long periods of hibernation ("death") to awaken again in the future. Blizzard always seems to dance around defining whether Yogg'saron or C'thun are dead. "They're dead by mortal terms, but... eh... we might see them again."

Only Y'shaarj is truly dead, dead. They keep these in their side pockets for that Void Lords expansion so they can revive them when they need some raid bosses. Let's see if they leave N'zoth in a state of ambiguity like the other two.
    Even Y'Shaarj wasn't truly dead, dead in terms of his being ripped out of the world by Aman'thul - his heart and sentience survived, speaking both to us (through Xal'atoh) and apparently to Garrosh as well. We can't even be sure if that essence is gone now, as it may have survived within Garrosh and passed on to AU Draenor somehow to some degree. I also don't think any of the Old Gods are really gone, not in the way we typically think of it. They've been defeated, but some aspect of them persists - be it in the Void or only slumbering like dormant virus within Azeroth itself. I don't think we've seen the last of any of them, to be honest.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It will be revealed that both N'zoth and Sylvanas are working for Rafaam.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

He means the cinematic? Kamehamea/dragonsoul ending

Anyway this IS the full might of N zoth, anything that comes afther will never be as a lose old god nzoth is right now. They will all be smaller setbacks and nothing as major imo.

''The bad guy of this expansion just died. You, the player, are the most awesome person alive. The end.''

Next expansion repeats the same process

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Even Y'Shaarj wasn't truly dead, dead in terms of his being ripped out of the world by Aman'thul - his heart and sentience survived, speaking both to us (through Xal'atoh) and apparently to Garrosh as well. We can't even be sure if that essence is gone now, as it may have survived within Garrosh and passed on to AU Draenor somehow to some degree. I also don't think any of the Old Gods are really gone, not in the way we typically think of it. They've been defeated, but some aspect of them persists - be it in the Void or only slumbering like dormant virus within Azeroth itself. I don't think we've seen the last of any of them, to be honest.
    Pretty sure Garrosh was completely deinfested and the only thing remaining of Y'Shaarj was like a small pool that faded away. So I doubt there's a trace of him left in the physical world, but of course there's a whole cosmos beyond the material plane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Pretty sure Garrosh was completely deinfested and the only thing remaining of Y'Shaarj was like a small pool that faded away. So I doubt there's a trace of him left in the physical world, but of course there's a whole cosmos beyond the material plane.
    Quite possible, although in "War Crimes" it is said Garrosh's body was riddled with scars due to his infestation by Y'Shaarj, which seems an interesting inclusion but may not mean anything of note.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    He means the cinematic? Kamehamea/dragonsoul ending

Anyway this IS the full might of N zoth, anything that comes afther will never be as a lose old god nzoth is right now. They will all be smaller setbacks and nothing as major imo.
    The thing is, N'zoth is not portrayed as a mighty powerhouse by Old God standards. He's more of the scheming, whispering type. So the Ny'alotha raid should be quite an uncomfortable set of circumstances for N'zoth. I find it somewhat amusing that his indirect work (i.e. Deathwing and the Cataclysm that followed) has been more impactful than whatever he is doing this patch. So, I don't think a physical confrontation displays the "full might" of N'zoth per se.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu View Post
    The thing is, N'zoth is not portrayed as a mighty powerhouse by Old God standards. He's more of the scheming, whispering type. So the Ny'alotha raid should be quite an uncomfortable set of circumstances for N'zoth. I find it somewhat amusing that his indirect work (i.e. Deathwing and the Cataclysm that followed) has been more impactful than whatever he is doing this patch. So, I don't think a physical confrontation displays the "full might" of N'zoth per se.
    Hes in hes domain, hes loose! no bonds or prison like like all others.. hes the first old god who is lose my friend. Its not gonna be better then this.

I repeat: this is the full might of an old god here, there is even a blue post about this I believe. Look many people are salty over the nya lotha not a new zone just a raid thing, but this is N zoth in all its glory it doesnt matter if our world is bombed or what ever like you said this is the god of scheming and stuff. This is it.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-01-21 at 05:16 PM.

That cutscene is the stupidest thing i've seen so far. We're really going full dragonball Z

Wasn’t the cinematic already leaked months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Wasn’t the cinematic already leaked months ago?
    No, that was just a cutscene. The full CGI cinematic hasn't come out yet.