Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One of the better comments I've seen:

The Night King: Welcome to the club.
    Snoke: Welcome to the club.
    N'zoth: * sigh *

So I wonder, will they unlist it? Or are the dislikes too much? xD
    Wrathion's cinematic is rated way higher that the ending one, that alone says it all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So I wonder, will they unlist it? Or are the dislikes too much? xD
    Wrathion's cinematic is rated way higher that the ending one, that alone says it all.
    The cinematic had over 9k dislikes with just over 1k likes.

That shit is staying unlisted.

Formerly known as Arafal

Honestly? A fit ending for an overplayed character like N'zoth. There is a reason why he was the underling of the Black Empire, he was a fart of an Old God that took control of the plans because we killed all the others.

At least I like the conclusion of all titanic plots left since Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    One of the better comments I've seen:

The Night King: Welcome to the club.
    Snoke: Welcome to the club.
    N'zoth: * sigh *
    Need to add Daenerys in that too.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

This ending is perfect. It managed to completely encapsulate the spirit of BfA's quality.

N'Zoth was probably supposed to be carried over to the next expansion, but decided to seize the opportunity and let himself be killed so he could nope out of the plot. It's the wise thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As I said previously, I think this is more a hard-pivot to resources directed at Shadowlands and making it a tour de force showing to make people forget about BfA. Which, on one hand, I don't disagree with on a personal level - but it shouldn't come from BfA's total sacrifice in quality, either. Basically this cinematic was phoned in because they want to make Shadowlands have a strong and epic-feeling first tier, recreating Legion after the stumble that was WoD.

Going to be a lot of work, too.
    Can't wait for Shadowlands to suffer the same fate where it's a bombastic beginning and a lousy wet fart of an ending.

Because everyone hooks on to a story just to see the beginning, of course. Nobody wants a satisfying ending.

btw, thank god we got 3 "Saurfang being sad"-cinematics. That is making this expansion worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Can't wait for Shadowlands to suffer the same fate where it's a bombastic beginning and a lousy wet fart of an ending.

Because everyone hooks on to a story just to see the beginning, of course. Nobody wants a satisfying ending.
    There's hope they take an object lesson from this. I like to leaven my criticism with a fair bit of optimism wherever possible, assuming the worst at all times just ends up making me depressed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

There's hope they take an object lesson from this. I like to leaven my criticism with a fair bit of optimism wherever possible, assuming the worst at all times just ends up making me depressed.
    I lost reason for that optimism long ago, but let's hope you're right.

Since giving N'Zoth a good treatment now is out of the cards, I at least hope they're smart enough to end up spinning this as N'Zoth purposefully losing in order to fool the player character and the rest of Azeroth, giving him time to brew something up between now and Shadowlands. Visions of N'Zoth and all.

Since giving N'Zoth a good treatment now is out of the cards, I at least hope they're smart enough to end up spinning this as N'Zoth purposefully losing in order to fool the player character and the rest of Azeroth, giving him time to brew something up between now and Shadowlands. Visions of N'Zoth and all.
    Why should we have any optimism regarding WoWs story? It's been an major let down for quite some time now. I have more faith in Blizz making the gameplay system more enjoyable again than writing a compelling story. Nobody is expecting top level writing here, but nowadays the story is less compelling than at the time Metzen was ripping off 80s Warhammer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better than legion's ending where the super hyped up big bad of the entire warcraft universe is randomly a fart cloud for some reason and he stabs Azeroth before being imprisoned by a perpetually emo elf. Anyone expecting Blizzard to come up with a great story hasn't been paying attention for the last ... oh ... since the 90s.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

this ending had me like

very underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There is still the mythic only phase, which could very well have a cinematic we have yet to see at the end.
    We know Mythic has a secret phase third phase while skipping the Normal/Heroic first phase which may take place in a different environment with new mechanics, but I strongly doubt it has a completely different ending cinematic. Those are just too expensive and time-consuming to create just for one difficulty.

I understand Blizzard trying to shift more resources to Shadowlands, but being this blatant about it is quite silly. Even WoD, which was obviously an expansion cut in half, had better closure than BFA, setting aside the ever-moronic DRAENOR IZ FREE nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Why should we have any optimism regarding WoWs story? It's been an major let down for quite some time now. I have more faith in Blizz making the gameplay system more enjoyable again than writing a compelling story. Nobody is expecting top level writing here, but nowadays the story is less compelling than at the time Metzen was ripping off 80s Warhammer.
    Don't ask me. I just hope Aucald is right because I want to stop being disappointed, but personally speaking, I don't believe Shadowlands will be much better. Blizzard's team is filled with too many people who want to write third-rate capeshit shlock for them to write a coherent story not based around splintered fragments of shock and/or cool moments without substance.

I hope the Shadowlands pre-patch ends up better than this patch.

The Old Gods are just parasites. Idk why people think they deserve more than any other bad guy in wow.

N'zoth deserved to get a trial in Pandaria!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm not prepurchasing shadowlands after this cinematic. fuck you activision and fuck you bli$$ard [their corporate people, not the art team ex. music] for making such a shitty cinematic
    ... but the art team made this cinematic???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I hope the Shadowlands pre-patch ends up better than this patch.

The Old Gods are just parasites. Idk why people think they deserve more than any other bad guy in wow.
    There was just a lot of hype around him because he was the last one and the one we knew the least about. That said, there has been a noticeable shift in direction, probably since they realized that in terms of enemies, we were running out of them. So they introduced the chart and to me it seems like the new direction is us going around toppling these new gods.

That hope is about as warranted and is going to result in anything as hoping that pigs will start flying tomorrow.

Don't ask me. I just hope Aucald is right because I want to stop being disappointed, but personally speaking, I don't believe Shadowlands will be much better. Blizzard's team is filled with too many people who want to write third-rate capeshit shlock for them to write a coherent story not based around splintered fragments of shock and/or cool moments without substance.
    Having any level of hope for Blizzard is a really counterproductive way of avoiding disappointment.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-01-22 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.