Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I hope the Shadowlands pre-patch ends up better than this patch.

The Old Gods are just parasites. Idk why people think they deserve more than any other bad guy in wow.
    The Jailer is just random death guy. I'll hold this same logic against people when 9.3 or 9.4 (or whatever the final patch is) handles him just as disappointingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Having any level pf hope for Blizzard is a really counterproductive way of avoiding disappointment.
    Oh, I know. I've been a night elf fan and played through both MoP and BfA, after all.

I just want to believe things can improve. Being cynical all the time gets draining, so while I definitely agree with you, I will try to find something to be hopeful about. Like the fact that now that N'Zoth has been tossed in the trash like nothing, it's unlikely that they'll do so again, so I can't be utterly disappointed by that again. See?

You could, like, read the post you replied to. And not move the goalposts.
    Or, you could learn Illidan's lore before saying anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    So here's what happened. Includes spoilers for new raid:
    Horde players found Xalatath and deliveried it to Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas made a deal with Azshara that she will deliver Xalatath to her.
    That's what sparked 8.2 - Horde navy with Nathanos was going to Nazjatar for just that reason.
    Just as we crashed Nathanos fucked off with the dagger - turns out he went straight to Azshara.
    Azshara then lured us to her palace, and ultimately to N'Zoth's prison, so she could use our Heart of Azeroth to break the seals and free N'Zoth, and then stab him in the back with the dagger.
    But we didn't really comply, we beat the shit out of her but didn't stop chains from being broken - N'Zoth escaped, and snatched Azshara and the dagger with her.
    He realized she was going to betry him, so he put her in Ny'alotha to be tormented and punished.
    We arrive in Ny'alotha, kill her torturer, what's her name, and get the dagger from Azshara, where she explains it's the only way to stop him, nada nada nada.
    Wrathion takes it, stabs Carpace of N'Zoth and we get 2 last fights.
    We ignore what Azshara said, ultimately, and instead using dagger to imprison N'Zoth inside, we Azerite KAMEHAMEHA Wave him, Goku Style (RISE YOUR HANDS FOR CHAPION OF AZEROTH AND GIVE HIM YOUR ENERGY! \(^.^)/ )
    The. End?

Meanwhile Sylvanas fucks off to fight Bolvar, because fuck it, why not? Probably would've been better explained in 8.3.5, but guess what? No 8.3.5..
    Thank you for that.

So did he get stuck in the blade? Because the cinematic look like he exploded in the end after the kame wave hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Thank you for that.

So did he get stuck in the blade? Because the cinematic look like he exploded in the end after the kame wave hit.
    It's not really known. It will probably depend on whether they want him to resurface later on down the line, or are done with him entirely. N'Zoth's situation is not unlike Sargeras' post Legion. Maybe he's stuck forever in the Seat of the Pantheon/the Xal'atath Blade, and maybe he isn't. Time will tell.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't disappointing no one with the cinematic.

Blizzard, however, disappointed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    DBZ like this video
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    DBZ like this video
    DBZ has a better story. And better characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Thank God we have another expansion of tactically guitar sliding elf screaming on the horizon.
    hopefully the last one, Sylvanas only had one xpac so far, its not like other characters didnt get two xpacs

The Jailer is just random death guy. I'll hold this same logic against people when 9.3 or 9.4 (or whatever the final patch is) handles him just as disappointingly.
    The Old Gods are servants of the Void Lords and they aren't even like their lieutenants. They tossed a ton of em out in the universe hoping to hit a planet with a World Soul growing. Thats how expendable they are. As far as we know there weren't a ton of Jailers created locking down thousands of maws in the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Actually, even in the WotA events shown in-game and in in WoW...

he always intended to betray the Legion, from day 1.

He was simply using them to gain power, and then intended to betray them. Not necessarily to "save Azeroth" - but just because he didn't share their vision and didn't give a fuck about doing what they wanted.

Rather like Player Warlocks use Demons/Demonic/Fel power to gain power, but are usually 100% opposed to the Legion itself. Its about using the enemies power against him.

The only thing that was.. retcon like about Illidan (at all) was the sudden "i was doing it for Azeroth all along" as opposed to "i was doing it for myself/to impress my crush". And thats not really a retcon... just an add-con. He was doing it for himself, to impress his crush, AND for Azeroth. Doing it for Azeroth doesn't invalidate also doing it for self-empowerment/aggrandizement and to impress his crush.
    I 100% agree with you concerning Illidan character.
    Concerning the retcon i talked about, it's in warcraft 3 manual vs Wota by Knaak : Wc3 manual, he betrays the night elves to side with the Legion because he doesn't want the well to be destroyed. Because of him, Azshara almost wins. In the Knaak book, it's not the case at all.

Oh, I know. I've been a night elf fan and played through both MoP and BfA, after all.

I just want to believe things can improve. Being cynical all the time gets draining, so while I definitely agree with you, I will try to find something to be hopeful about. Like the fact that now that N'Zoth has been tossed in the trash like nothing, it's unlikely that they'll do so again, so I can't be utterly disappointed by that again. See?
    Given their track record, is it really cynicism or just realism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

So was the city of Ny'alotha destroyed for good or does it like come back whenever N'Zoth returns to it? Was it also destroyed when N'Zoth was first imprisoned?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

At least you can’t say they prioritized cinematics over anything else. This cinematic matches bfa’s overall quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Even Y'Shaarj wasn't truly dead, dead in terms of his being ripped out of the world by Aman'thul - his heart and sentience survived, speaking both to us (through Xal'atoh) and apparently to Garrosh as well. We can't even be sure if that essence is gone now, as it may have survived within Garrosh and passed on to AU Draenor somehow to some degree. I also don't think any of the Old Gods are really gone, not in the way we typically think of it. They've been defeated, but some aspect of them persists - be it in the Void or only slumbering like dormant virus within Azeroth itself. I don't think we've seen the last of any of them, to be honest.
    @Kyphael The devs said in a blue post, the old gods we killed are actually dead, settling that question that was quite popular from AQ to about Cata, once and for all. They've had numerous occasions to bring them back when one of the remaining ones was active, but didn't.

Now that's not to say they can't be revived.. but why even bother? There are millions of these things floating the twisting nether seeking worlds to corrupt, I'm sure the ones we've gotten rid of don't need to return.

There are many other things that can happen, tbh.. we don't need them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    So was the city of Ny'alotha destroyed for good or does it like come back whenever N'Zoth returns to it? Was it also destroyed when N'Zoth was first imprisoned?
    We don't know. Ny'alotha as is presented in 8.3 is a hypothetical place, an outcome if N'zoth wins. It's not on Azeroth's physical plane, so I'm not sure how a place that exists only in the dark recesses of our nightmares or whatever hypothetical mumbo jumbo can manifest--you know what, it's easier to just call Blizzard stupid.

Given their track record, is it really cynicism or just realism?
    I'd reckon realism.

Something something a optimist calls a realist a pessimist. But again, there's so much I could be unhappy ab out I'd rather try to find some positives. That doesn't mean I won't stop criticizing dumb stuff, but yeah.. only so much preaching to the choir until it becomes bothersome for me.

- - - Updated - - -

The Old Gods are servants of the Void Lords and they aren't even like their lieutenants. They tossed a ton of em out in the universe hoping to hit a planet with a World Soul growing. Thats how expendable they are. As far as we know there weren't a ton of Jailers created locking down thousands of maws in the Shadowlands.
    So?

He's just a guy that they pulled out of ass for Shadowlands specifically.

So?

He's just a guy that they pulled out of ass for Shadowlands specifically.
    Where do you think the Old Gods came from?

I've edited the cinematic to make it look more like the corrupted vision of an old god as we destroy him.

This has affected my decision on resubbing for the patch... I wanted to play but i don't know now, i feel bummed.

Where do you think the Old Gods came from?
    There's a difference between created and built up and created just to be fodder in the expansion that introduces him.

The Jailer is nothing more than a cheap rationalisation for Sylvanas' strength.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-23 at 01:02 AM.