Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Our hand of rag shammy does respectable numbers, I'm Ele and I actually perform better than I thought. I thought I'd be very bottom every single situation, but I can actually hang with the other DPS.
    Any fight where I have to manage positioning and totems as Ele tanks my dps though. It makes sense that I do lower dps, it would be lower anyway because of totem management.
    Shamans are a balancing tight rope because if you make them do too much damage, then there's no point bringing other classes. You could just have an entire raid of shamans all buffing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Shamans are a balancing tight rope because if you make them do too much damage, then there's no point bringing other classes. You could just have an entire raid of shamans all buffing each other.

I'm enhancement. I do middle of the stack DPS in my MC BiS (excluding SGC), but I've built an Annihilator and have the mats lined up for my Nightfall going into BWL. Annihilator will drop me down while waiting for it to proc, but 6.25% physical damage debuff is worth it for the raid. Nightfall is a ~150 raid dps increase, based off our current gear levels.

when I'm not tanking I use the Bashguuder as an offhand for the debuff its the alternative annihilator, I think our warrior raid leader got bonereavers last week, was curious if the debuffs stack. I think my bro wanted to go dps enhance but I always thought the problem was that, you don't have much mana so you can't do much in the way of dps, and if you get too lucky you will just pull aggro and die assuming the stars align and wf procs a bunch of times in a row. if you've waited a few seconds thats not so bad, but if you run in with the rest of the melee and it happens straight away, perhaps not so good. the chance of the boss just turning to you and killing you is pretty high. warriors and maybe fire mages later on are likely the ultimate chads with the deep wounds and ignite stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    when I'm not tanking I use the Bashguuder as an offhand for the debuff its the alternative annihilator, I think our warrior raid leader got bonereavers last week, was curious if the debuffs stack. I think my bro wanted to go dps enhance but I always thought the problem was that, you don't have much mana so you can't do much in the way of dps, and if you get too lucky you will just pull aggro and die assuming the stars align and wf procs a bunch of times in a row. if you've waited a few seconds thats not so bad, but if you run in with the rest of the melee and it happens straight away, perhaps not so good. the chance of the boss just turning to you and killing you is pretty high. warriors and maybe fire mages later on are likely the ultimate chads with the deep wounds and ignite stacking.
    So, I did some testing on this a few weeks ago. Bashguuder does not stack with Sunder Armor. Neither does Rivenspike. Only Annihilator does for some unknown reason. Most bosses also have ~3,600 armor, so you only need two stacks of Annihilator to get maximum benefit. Some bosses actually only have 3k, so you get no upside from using Annihilator (Sunder Armor + Faerie Fire + Curse of Recklessness get you to -3200 armor).

I honestly don't know about BRE. In the absence of an Annihilator, one stack would give you a 6.25% DPS increase which is great. Or if your raid wasn't applying full debuffs for whatever reason.

Also for anyone who wants to test, it's pretty easy. Just have a rogue kick bosses. Kick does 80 damage flat (or 160 on crit), so you can see how much effective armor a boss has by how much it is mitigated.

For enhance, the key is totem twisting. It provides a huge boost in damage to your melee dps group mates, and it also boosts your own dps to make up for the loss of mana for earth / frost shocking.

I did not know this, I might as well change weapons then on the next opportunity, I don't do a whole lot of dps anyway but if the debuff isn't doing anything i could probably do a tiny bit more using something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Blizz is racist against hunters and pretty much every buff to AP is melee only. Really feel like if it applied to RAP, hunters would be much more competitive.
    Can't agree more, this is so frustrating...the Hunter class feels like a second class citizen. Also the fact that our pet doesn't scale is another problem.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    Can't agree more, this is so frustrating...the Hunter class feels like a second class citizen. Also the fact that our pet doesn't scale is another problem.
    How is it a problem? Are you suggesting you believe they used to scale in Vanilla, but no longer do?>

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    How is it a problem? Are you suggesting you believe they used to scale in Vanilla, but no longer do?>
    I cant speak for him, but I was just voicing a frustration. I dont expect any changes but the fact that all of the world buffs that affect AP is only melee AP, is a reason we aremt as high as we could be at the current tier. Then combine that with the fact that pets dont scale at all, is a reason we lag farther behind as the game rolls on.