Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Didn't like the faction war, didn't like the systems, didn't like the grind, the raids besides BoD, and disappointed atm with final raid cutscene.

8.3 managed to make bfa better than legion but that really isn't saying alot.

pretty solid 2/10 raids were nice bar crucible.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

I think I'll tie it with Cata. It had much of the same story problems and directionless gameplay issues. So only WoD would be worse.

The good bits; I loved the Zandalari. Essences are a decent idea that should have been account wide. Mechagon was cool. Horrific Visions are fun. The raids overall were pretty good, the only mediocre ones being Uldir and Crucible while BDA, EP and (from the 7 bosses I've killed) N'yalotha were good to great. Some classes/specs, such as Fury, Unholy, Demonology and Hpaly are fun to play. Some Allied Races are cool (Dark Irons, Mag'har, and Zandalari mostly).

The bad bits: pretty much literally everything else. Azerite was a promising idea with woeful execution. Warfronts are shit. Islands got old loooong ago and were never very good anyway. The AP grind wasn't as bad as early Legion's but it was still boring. M+ was less fun than in Legion. Removal of Artifacts was never compensated for. War Mode was a balancing nightmare. The grind was all over the place sometimes (Hi 8.3 reputations). The story was hot garbage all the way through. The removal of class sets left a massive transmog void, with BFA being the worst xpack for mogging with no contest.

There's more, but I highlighted the core issues. It wasn't as bad as WoD, but after Legion which is my second favorite expansion, was a fairly big letdown.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    classic isnt an expansion.
    And what about it?

I’d like to see the new raid before giving a full review but so far it ain’t looking good. In short I liked the allied races, non-linear dungeons, most zone stories with Drustvar standing out, the music and art except for gear, unique questing for Alliance and Horde, Mechagon and a lot of gnome lore. What I didn’t like it basically everything else.

Better than Cata and WoD but worse than the others. So far its like a 3.5/10 or 4/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly has been a horribly planned out and delivered expansion story wise, not enough thought was put into Azerite armour, class balancing and PvP has been laughable, all the visual stuff has been great but spectacle can only go so far if the content is lacking and I haven't been deterred from my assessment that this is a terrible expansion. Although personally I still find WoD to be worse but don't get me wrong BfA is lounging on top of that trash pile.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

One of the worst, better than WoD sure but not better than Cataclysm wich i personally hate.

The good is the Art, Music, and some things in 8.2 and 8.3 to address the crap they did at the beginning and the past expansions. The bad is the rest, bad questing (stormsong sidequests lol), overall story making no sense, Azerite Armor, Islands Expeditions, Warfronts, War Campaign was a failure.

I play because i love the game and the friends i have, but Blizzard is working very hard to make me stop playing. My final score is a 3/10

From mechanics to lore, it's one of, if not the worst. Tied with WOD at the very least.

Zone stories and design were the only saving graces. Overarching story sucked. No tier sets sucked. Lore retcons/implications sucked. Not at all excited for Shadowlands and might be the first expansion I skip entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    nah

Heelvsbabyface praises 20 bucks emotes on the ff14 store but shit talks mounts on the wow store.
    so yes? okay.

sorry, cdew's chat. more accurate.

BFA is absolute garbage.
    Classes were so shallow and basic that i had more fun watching windows update do its thing.
    Character progression mechanics were so unenjoyable and bad that BFA would have been better without any of the azerite system.

Writing deserves a special mention as being literally the worst i have ever seen in anything ever.
    GOT last season was a genius masterpiece when compared to BFA story/character development and especially the war vs N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Oh there are people who now say WoD was a good expansion. Nostalgia hits everyone.

BfA is the first expansion I've actually not missed playing after taking a break (for some IRL reasons), and never bothered to return to (thanks Classic). Every other expansion, if I've had to take a months break or so, I've felt bad or missed it. Not this shitshow.

8.3 looks pretty decent, but I am so far behind there just doesn't seem like a reason to even log in anymore.
    Wod was not good, but the leveling and classes were much better. that alone makes it better then BFA. Dont give a shit BFA had more content , it was still shit . Shadowlads looks to be just as bad because they are not fixing the classes
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

better than wod, but not by much.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    If ya voted worst then you clearly didnt play WoD.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to take a dump on something but it's harder to think for yourself and state what you would've preferred instead.

It's not over yet, leaks don't tell the whole story.

You get the rollercoasterride you pay for, given the 25year old story and complete lack of longterm planning and direction of it at any point, retcons are to be expected. It's fantasy, not actual history, you know, a videogame of all things, it's nothing to get upset about, put that energy into something that makes you happy like being creative.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Worst expansion they have ever released.

The only direct comparison is WoD but at least I enjoyed playing during WoD. Even if there was a lack of content.

BfA has "tonnes" of content but it's all lazily designed garbage that feels terrible to play because Class Design sucks. Every system designed in BfA is also over-complicated garbage.

Talk about "phoning it in" with 8.3. What an awful patch and an awful end cinematic.

EDIT: I love that you can see who voted for which option. Good to see all the usuals on the defense.
    Last edited by DemonDays; 2020-01-21 at 11:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    wod at least i had fun doing pvp, with decent gearing and a decent class design, the raids were also pretty fun

wod was bad, it lack content, but its not nearly as bad as bfa massive grind/rng and shit class design
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-01-21 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    It's not really good, but it's not as bad as people make it. So... Mediocre I guess.
    Yup, totally agree. Middle of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I played WoD. Still have to put BfA above it for 'worst'. It's a lot closer than I thought it'd be though. For me, it's the class design. It was sooooo fucking bad in BfA. At least in WoD, you could make your own fun because the basis of the game (class design) was nowhere near shit. The only reason things got close overall was because 8.3 honestly seemed to pull back on a lot of the shitshow. The real killer though was the difference between garrisons and 'fill the endless bar'. Sure, it was pretty passive but garrisons were *too* rewarding. What about BfA's 'fill this endless bar' was even remotely rewarding? Damn, I even forgot about the loss of raid sets lol and the uninspired shitshow that was whatever garbage they put out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to think of it that they burned down Teldrassil for this garbage fire..
    What a shame. My subscription will hibernate to SL now in hopes that will turn out at least half decent.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    A 3.5/10 equates to a 'Good' expansion in your ranking system?
    It's fine to me, but not good. I would've given it a 5/10 if the story wasn't bad
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.