Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    WoD is still considered shit so not sure what you mean?
    By you I guess. But not the majority

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i liked m+, but i would have liked it when they just added all those dungeons on top of the legion dungeons.

i liked the war campaign (in its raw thought), but timegaited quests is what i do not like.

i liked the new races and options, but i am wondering, why they did not give them to everyone. I don't mind farming, but younger players (maybe just want to buy the game and play the race their had their mind set to, this is not possible with a repu lock)

i prefer animations that are set to the class rather then animations set to melee or range. Unique cast animations and such needs to come with shadowlands

People are like sheep, its a human feature and very few people have the courage to stand outside the crowd saying their own opinions.

BFA was a good expansion, which had their flawed systems like all the other expansions.

The raids was better than ever before and the amount of things to do in the game for every player has never been bigger.

The art and music is also better than its ever been.

It started a bit messy but ended on a high.

Considered also that it's actually impossible to make the current wow community happy no matter what Blizzard do, I say they did a pretty amazing job so far.

Definitely one of the top 3 worse expansions, if not the absolute worst one.

Only things we can get out of this trainwreck are the usual suspects of Art and Sound teams.

Aside from a few bright spots, sadly, this is the worst expansion WoW has ever seen, considering the ever increasing gamer demands. It fails almost any and all expectations that a WoW fan might have had while diving into a new content.

Story 1/10
    This is basically a joke. There is no coherent narrative. Zones feel disconnected, Overall story is laughably simplistic and lacks any sort of common sense.

Raiding 6/10
    Somewhat decent. Far from the brutality of Legion, but still OK. Class balance is nice, aside from a few odd stragglers.

Dungeons (mythic+) 3/10
    Not good. Not even average. Mostly due to the class balance issues. The meta dominates much more heavily here than during raids. Classes such as warlocks shine in raids, but are almost a burden in Mythic+.

Outdoor content 4/10
    Below average. Disjointed mess of decent general ideas, that do not fit together and are not stitched by the same narrative. Oh, and I hate tortolan quests with crabs and tortoises. They drive me almost insane.

Classes 3/10
    Some are pruned to oblivion, some are just bad, some do not fit in the overall game design. Case in point - warlocks. A very decent class for raids, an atrocious one for dungeons. Several specs clearly dominate in some content, having all the tools, others are on the verge of being useless, even a burden. Raid balance is OKish, but tool distribution is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    By you I guess. But not the majority
    you are no where near the majority.

Made a lot of gold on the AH, did enjoy feral (because of new primal wrath talent) and some of the content was OK. Art team etc is good job...story is BS, but I dont care about lore etc...

Edit: I mostly just hated the gear system...And some of the INSANE massive RNG grinds...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-01-22 at 12:18 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I do not care about your opinion ... this is an opinionated thread.
    Uh..

What?

Prefixed by saying I didn't really raid and M+ is still a foreign thing to me (still don't quite "get" it). However I think the story started out weak (burning the tree for what appeared to be stupid reasons), was decent in the questing zones and war campaign, and then sort of.. spiraled down by having lackluster patches featuring major things people wanted e.g. Azshara and N'zoth.

Class-wise everything feels strange and clunky, but I didn't play much in Legion to know if it's like that. Nothing really felt unique though to me. My Paladin didn't feel much different to my Warrior.

Islands sucked but were a great idea. Warfronts sucked but were a great idea. One of the worst mission/follower tables I've had the displeasure of using, with random missions that have random requirements which you may or may not have gotten the right random troops for, with long gaps for paltry rewards in most cases. The new 8.3 stuff seems interesting; Visions are pretty hard (for me, anyway) so it's at least something to try at.

Can't speak to PVP.

8.0 - Story, art, general feel 9/10, gameplay 5/10 (hated PvP at 120, over use of scaling but PvE was great, leveling was great, even PvP)
    8.1 and 8.2 - problems were not fixed, story was still ok I guess.
    8.3 - what happened? It feels like a fan made patch, not a real thing.. at least it still has voice acting lol. Legion end patch gave us Argus, a whole new zone, new NPCs etc. This was just re-used assets. No issues were fixed and the raid ending.. ugh. 2/10 and thats being generous.

Overall, I'd say 4.5/10. Mostly thanks to the art team.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > This is an opinionated thread
    > I do not care about your opinion whatsoever

Why enter the thread lmfao
    To answer the OP, not to have a debate with some random poster.
    He is more than welcome to have his opinion, but I disagree with it and thus do not care about it.
    Mind you, the way he did reply didn't exactly help either, I mean: "Wa? Were you even around during tbc or are you saying this without having lived it? Cause that is ridiculous. Could only hope we had tbc now." Not exactly a great start for a debate, now is is - accusing me of lying and being ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymcdanger View Post
    Uh..

What?
    Again - this is a thread where we answer the OP, not debate who is right or wrong. Hell, the title is even "... YOUR official review".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    As I'm european and it's literally f*cking wednesday and I'm not yet home to actually experience the raid and new mythic suffix... hold your bloody horses.
    This one

If you compare WoD with BfA, wod gave us, unlimited gold and the best leveling this game has ever seen ( and continues too, because 90 to 100 its so damn easy ) BfA gaves us . . . . . what?

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD was worse because I quit the moment I realized the garrison was your progression then the devs gave up, so there was no reason to ever come back, the class design couldn't save it. I basically just forgot the game existed until Legion info started being leaked and you could see hints of gold flakes falling from it.

BFA is just mind numbingly mediocre and sanitized and deathly boring.
    All the art and zones are turned up to 100 to distract you from the gameplay and try to constantly wave turpentine under your nostrils so you aren't lulled to sleep by all the gameplay systems. You basically are in danger of passing out at every turn with BFA: I need to sim my crappy toon I don't enjoy playing, wait, I'm yawning. I need to world quest, wait I'm tired all of a sudden, I need to grind rep, wait my eyes feel heavy. I need to complete the cloak scenario but I can't stop dozing off. Like it's to the point now where I wish BFA just strapped a jet pack to your damn back everytime you enter an indoor scenario or a rep zone and add an ability that just 1 shots these meat shields at 20% hp.
    Everything scales to you = everything meatshielding you to sleep endlessly.

When I say sanitized, I mean, "this trait does 1 mil dmg in PVE, in PVP it does nothing. This trinket does 90% of your damage in PVE, in PVP it doesn't even show up on meter, 85% of your damage is your pet, the rest of your abilities are weak, but the over all trickle sum is good! This cornerstone ability that used to hit people for a quarter of their HP now barely tickles in PVE and PVP"

I give it a D+, slightly ahead of a D that I gave WOD.

This was a real close one. I still think WOD was the worst because it basically just turned WoW into a lobby game where you just log in, sit in your garrison and wait for the raid/ group to start. BfA didn't get to that point. Not to mention, all the ideas that were supposed to happen in WOD but never did.

[I still think (at the end of WoD, not the beginning) they were "testing" the idea of a game where you just log into a lobby and wait to raid/dungeon.]

Honestly, I still can't believe they thought this azerite system would be a good replacement for legiondaries. Whoever pushed that idea should be fired and not work in game design, they clearly don't understand the players.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Good:
    - The Warfront story telling was engaging and fully voice acted which is fantastic to be apart of.
    - Quest choice! finally!!!!
    - Zones were beautiful, music too.
    - Having 2 distinct faction areas worked really well!
    - Nazjata and Mechagon were really great additions.
    - Ny'alotha looks exactly how we all imagined

Main issues:
    - giving us our first ever released old god a 1 patch story line and taken out in the most BS way.
    - Lack of progression with Voljin's story it should have continued through all the raids/patches considering next exp.
    - Forsaken leadership story line was given 2 quests
    - Night Elves should have been given more love regarding story telling/ rebuilding a home.
    - YET ANOTHER AP Grind
    - Lack of alt friendly essences even at the end.
    - Time gates (Even though its common in MMOS and makes business sense)

It's definitely one of the weaker Expansions however; i recon it'll become a MoP - hated at the time looked up to in years to come.

WoD was at least alt friendly

It gave us zandalari trolls, which is a huge plus.

Everything else is just meh or flat out disappointing.

Also the fact that they completely wasted N'zoth and the black empire is just insulting.
    Last edited by Byzantium; 2020-01-22 at 01:40 PM.

Raid and m+ were good, but blizzard always does good raids and dungeons.

Everything else is pretty bad. Islands and warfronts r boring. Class design is bad. Gearing is bad. Azerite is terrible. Still have random bs like titanforging in corruption. Pretty alt unfriendly expansion also.

The visions r probably the best thing about this expansion.

It had some good things like the Vulpera but also a lot of horrible decisions like Void elves, the whole faction war crap, making the Horde villains again, butchering classes by not giving them an alternative to the artifact, and the Necklace was never as cool.

With the artifact you felt a sense of pride and progression as it grew, you could customize it's appearance and such. BFA in many ways felt like a downgraded version of Legion. Legion did everything BFA did but better.