Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Killed the story. Azeroth dying is just an afterthought. It got saved 100% without her champion even helping. Every patch we saw the chamber get better without our doing anything to contribute to that fact.

Allied races were shafted. We got 2 added for the entire expansion and all we got was some excuse that holds no weight about how they will be added when the story makes sense.

The war story culminated it Sylvanas dipping out without any real issues and with literally no one stopping her. Thrall and a slew of others were there and they did nothing to try to stop her. Just watched as she killed someone.

Over all, poor story and poorly handled the allied race feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Current average rating (based on poll): 2.58 out of 7, AKA 36.9%.

Yeah, it sucked. There isn't a single expansion that I've cared about less. I didn't even bother raiding or pushing M+ this time around. When the gameplay systems and classes feel like trash, there's very little reason for me to play.

I miss Legion so much.
    10% of people polled think it's better than "Mediocre".

The other 90% think it's either Mediocre or straight trash.

I still don not understand how Ion has a job after this shit show and the Mess that was Legion
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbabyy18 View Post
    This expansion rates about a 7/10 for me. I'm a casual player who consumes content slowly.

Imo, the goods about it were as follows:

Invasions
    Assaults
    Islands
    Azzy Traits
    Story/War campaign
    Visions
    Raids/dungeons

Bads:
    Warfronts
    Rep
    Essences

Invasions for me were a highlight because I love open world PVP. That brought just that! Until flying of course killed it like everything else flying does. Assaults have been pretty fun as well. I love a game where the world changes or has random events pop up. Makes the world feel alive. Islands, while many hate them, were really fun for me. I play with my girlfriend who is also a casual/new player and it's her small instance content where she learns to tank and play the game. For me, it's just a big gather em up and burn em down. I love seeing big numbers and chasing the carrot on the stick I guess you could say? Azzy traits have been awesome. Comparing them to tier sets, they blow them out of the water. Tier set bonuses were extremely boring. They maybe had one bonus addition that was kinda cool.. whereas azzy traits have a number of different choices that affect your character. The story for me has been great. I know so many people cannot stand how confusing it is but I think blizz did a great job. I knew from the start the expansion wasn't just about Ally vs. Horde, I knew there were more to it and I'm glad it panned out somehow the way I wanted it to. Visions are fresh but I love the challenge they bring. Can't wait to do more. As usual, dungeons and raids continue to be amazing. Thanks for that blizz.

Warfronts, to me, were really boring. I get what blizz was going for but they def. dropped the ball. Rep was alright but I really wish they'd make the recipes you can get account wide. I hate grinding a new alt hours and hours of rep farming just to get a rank 3. Stupid! Essences the same thing. BFA isn't very alt friendly and that's why I rated it meh. I wish they'd go back to making it alt friendly but know knows. I have hope for SL tho as it looks great but time will tell!

Also, I know many won't share my opinion.. we're all different in our own way. Have a great day!
    Yep. Practically every decision they have made was to streamline the process for themselves and reduce development time not for player fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yep. Practically every decision they have made was to streamline the process for themselves and reduce development time not for fun.
    And with the lay offs, piis poor employee morale , ShadowLands will almost assuredly be Hot garbage as well , Here it is almost Feb and almost no new news on it other then what we were told last year

I'd give BFA a 4/10. Art design deserves all the props.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    And with the lay offs, piis poor employee morale , ShadowLands will almost assuredly be Hot garbage as well , Here it is almost Feb and almost no new news on it other then what we were told last year
    Hell.. even the tier set models based on armor class instead of class was because their artists "just don't feel like it anymore and they aren't inspired enough".

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Hell.. even the tier set models based on armor class instead of class was because their artists "just don't feel like it anymore and they aren't inspired enough".
    When morale is poor, quality will suffer. Look at 8.3 ...I mean the quality is shit even for a end of expansion Patch. You can tell they started to get some ideas then just said fuck it and threw in things

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    When morale is poor, quality will suffer. Look at 8.3 ...I mean the quality is shit even for a end of expansion Patch. You can tell they started to get some ideas then just said fuck it and threw in things
    "just copy the end of the lord of rings. Move on to Shadowlands. Who cares?"

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is the first expansion I barely played. I just couldn't find the interest.

I played every other expansion from start to finish. This was the first time I couldn't do it.

I'm not saying it is bad; just that it wasn't for me. Thus, it was the worst expansion, imo.

Bad but not terrible or the worst. Bottom half though.

BfA started rough.

Got better in the middle.

Then turned into a dumpster fire. The coals were always there but Blizz could have avoided the inferno but chose to pour gasoline all over the embers.

Azerite Traits were a bad idea. The idea that you can get a 4xx item and it is actually worse than a 3xx item is incredibly bad design. Oh yes! I finally got a new chest piece and look at all that strength and stamina and...oh never mind it is garbage because its best slots are for a different spec.

Essences were a terrible idea. Especially for PvP. You had no idea what anyone could do anymore. You couldn't deploy tactics. You just hoped you had out grinded the other person and your Win Button was stronger.

Corruption was the worst idea. It deepened PvP issues and has given rise to your ability to get a group depending completely on RNG. Sorry buddy we're looking for these corruptions.

Raiding was okay. There were hits and misses but it was okay. I didn't like some mechanics and the faction swap in BoD felt like incredibly cheap play but...it was okay.

I liked Islands but it felt as though so much potential was untapped.

I liked Warfronts but again they felt like someone had the idea, the devs created it, and no one ever bothered to finish the work.

The inclusion of Pathfinder was no big deal in my mind because Zandalar and Kul'Tiras, for the most part, felt well designed and easy to get navigate. When 8.2 dropped my opinion on that changed and suddenly all the crap I didn't like about BfA started creeping in. Pathfinder 2 took longer than Pathfinder 1(at least for me). The zones were designed for flight with little content masked by terrain obstacles in Naj and Mecha.

WPvP also really went to pot with the gimmicks in 8.2.

8.3 is an insult.

Visions are a neat idea but poorly executed. I've had three failed visions because of bugs. That's a lot of wasted farming. God awful repetitive farming that makes Pathfinder irrelevant and all the BfA zones ghost towns. Farming I don't want to do because it isn't fun but I did it...because we're gonna get N'Zoth!

Which brings me to the story...Where was the war? Okay Jaina gets redeemed yay. We kill the King who sold out to a death god that was moderately amusing. And...that really doesn't do anything. Where's Jani by the way? Best loa got no time. So then we fall into a hole in the ocean because both factions apparently forgot they had airships. And then we fight an old god's corruption before a terrible ending I won't put here because spoilers and junk.

I watched the cinematic and had no immediate reaction. Started grinding out Uldum crap. Got ganked as I was about to kill a 122 rare. No real reaction because that happens all the time but then I looked at the combat log and most of the damage was essence/corruption procs.

I just kind of sat there for a minute looking at the combat log. I just couldn't get this thought out of my mind: This is not going to improve. Quit, unsubbed, and uninstalled.

When I left in Cata it was partially a lack of enjoyment but also I was very busy at the time. 8.3 literally made me quit. It wasn't a rage quit. It was a Why would I bother to keep playing this game? What is the reward? What is the dopamine release? I have no interest in progressing my main when the end result of that effort is negated by chance. Alts? Not with that introductory quest and essences thanks.

BfA had good points so it isn't the worst--it's the third worst.

Fairly certain Shadowlands is going to land somewhere down there as well.
    Last edited by Ikio; 2020-01-29 at 01:36 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Story was atrocious, like they took a book, ripped out half the pages and told half the story. Absolute shite. PvP is a joke, Azerite system - shite. Classes are homogenous garbage. Terrible ending. Fair to say, this expansion sucked the sweat from a dead man's balls.

Beautiful art and soundtrack, the only positive notes. And don't hold out hope for the every-other expansion blessing/curse, with how this company has evolved SL will likely be a steaming pile of shit too.

BFA: A shallow, disconnected jumble of experimental content that failed to deliver value and was rushed in the last content patch to be nothing more than drivel.

Followed by at least a 9 month content drought, and a yet another promise of "we'll do better int he next expansion that costs $60".

Waste of time... WoW has been dead and buried for a few expansions now.

Story was absolute garbage. The whole burning Teldrassil to whatever the hell the ending cinematic was. Terrible, unneeded faction war. Sylvanas is just an awful character and again is in the main story for Shadowlands. Can she seriously fuck off already? Classes are a bland, uninspiring mess. So boring to play and no depth. Azerite is terrible and essences should be account wide for people who play alts.

Huge disappointment from start to end.

WoD was worse.

BFA was awful though. It had elements that could have been successful, but the seemingly endless number of mandatory daily/weekly "things to do" made me not want to do anything.

I was never a Cata hater. Except for the Deathwing fights. Those were ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it overall. There were some issues for sure.

I actually like world quests, and having a legitimate reason to do them. This is supposed to be WORLD of Warcraft. I like having reasons to go out into the world each day, and even potentially engage in world PVP. I want to do more than just log in to raid and hearth back to the city a few times each week.

I actually liked the warforge/titanforge system. It made me feel like there were still perks to doing older/easier content instead of it simply being a complete waste of time. Guilds that only do Heroic still had a chance at higher level gear instead of a hard ilevel cap.

I hated the corruption system. It only became tolerable late in the patch once you were able to get your corruption resistance so high that you don't have to deal with the ridiculous corruption side effects. But the entire concept of being punished for using certain gear was just not a good one. It created situations where you would get good gear but still be sad about it because of the terrible corruption. You should always be happy when you get a nice new piece of gear, otherwise the game is broken.

Everything about the expansion was terrible in every way.

Class design, dungeons, raids were ok but not great, pvp is the worst state it's ever been. So many issues, azerite garbage, artifact grind, it's just all absolutely awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Better than WoD, worse than any other expansion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coulda been better,could been worse.
    Atleast we had no selfie patch.