Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Had to check twice to see if I didn't accidentally put on the last chapters of return of the King -_- what an uninspired end cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    FFXIV in comparison looks like it is from another planet.
    WoW - mobile indie game quality.
    Where did they put our money?
    Honestly... shame
    >.<
    drowning ship...
    Simple solution really, unsub, stay off the wow section of mmo champion and just play FFXIV?

People with your mentality literally baffle me how you're not happy in the state of the game yet you proceed to watch content from it, then proceed to complain with (attempted) sass and offer no constructive criticism. It's just really pathetic tbh.

Anyways...... on point....

Personally, I've thought BFA was a let down and the story just kept getting weaker. I enjoyed it more playing from the horde pov but still not overly great. I disagree with them doing a death wing 2.0 with N'zoth, but dam that wraithon cinematic is great.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically we just need the Essence of the Focusing Iris rang 5 to kill N'zoth.

The cinematic at the end of Nighthold raid was epic
    The cinematic at the end of Sargeras tomb raid was epic
    The cinematic at the end of Antorus raid was epic

And this?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoT Season 8 was better than this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Simple solution really, unsub, stay off the wow section of mmo champion and just play FFXIV?
    NO NEGATIVITY IN THE DOJO, am I right?
    There's nothing wrong with comparison between two different games in the same genre. If anything it should point people to see how a MMORPG story should be done, instead of letting them cultivate the "story in a MMORPG is always bad" meme.
    Besides I don't think anyone should tell people to "stop coming/commenting here". The sole fact that we are here means we were playing WoW at some point and that gives us the right to comment on the current state of the game.

And what a state it is, oh boy.

Makes me feel like they are trying to get rid of the old storylines as quickly as possible.

The big problem here is, that the Titans tried to fight the old gods and lost the fight, now we take the Titan's powers and win? Why is that? What actually caused the gods to fail that we archived?
    They said the old gods cannot simply be removed from Azeroth without hurting her badly or even killing her. Now what we do is to simply wipe them away with the one titanic device made for exactly that purpose without hurting her at all? And all it took was someone to aim it at the old god?

There are so many things that make me question whether or not Blizzard even knows their own storyline.

The Wrathion cinematic was kinda good, but what in the hell were Blizzard thinking using a 28 second cinematic with no dialogue as the final ending of the expansion? Really, what were Blizzard thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

No matter how bad WoW get, it will always beat FF lol
    That hasn't been true since HFC2.0 fel-fucked came out.
    Even less now that shadowbringers has effectively defined WoW's next expac for it.

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Makes me feel like they are trying to get rid of the old storylines as quickly as possible.

The big problem here is, that the Titans tried to fight the old gods and lost the fight, now we take the Titan's powers and win? Why is that? What actually caused the gods to fail that we archived?
    They said the old gods cannot simply be removed from Azeroth without hurting her badly or even killing her. Now what we do is to simply wipe them away with the one titanic device made for exactly that purpose without hurting her at all? And all it took was someone to aim it at the old god?

There are so many things that make me question whether or not Blizzard even knows their own storyline.
    Well the bullshit of Ny'alotha being another dimension, thus N'zoth needed to step in our reality for us to focus the Re-Origination device on him seems to be the explanation. Doesn't explain why the Titans didn't use that for the other Old Gods who were technically in our dimensions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Doesn't matter how bad the story gets, the gameplay and art for WoW is simply lightyears ahead, plus it's not weeb-ish so that gains it points
    Dude, followers don't lead anything, and it's clear that shadowlands is following shadowbringer's in themes hard just like BFA did nothing but try to push membah berries by swinging on arthas' nuts.

So ripping an Old God from the planet almost causes an extinction level event. Pulverizing one with a laser beam is the correct way to kill an Old God without killing the planet altogether. Yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What spoilers exactly? How surprising that N'zoth is dead (or atleast 'dead')... and we will continue in Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Shadowlands cinematic is a spoiler by itself, you clearly see there isn't any old god influence there.
    Well, somehow there are lots of movies that show the ending prior to how the character got there. Doesn't mean that you already know how it's going to end you want to know how and what exactly happened. Blizzard will always publish the raid ending cinematics later, but I agree this is lackluster and I hope they will add some more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffo View Post
    Well, somehow there are lots of movies that show the ending prior to how the character got there. Doesn't mean that you already know how it's going to end you want to know how and what exactly happened. Blizzard will always publish the raid ending cinematics later, but I agree this is lackluster and I hope they will add some more to it.
    I've never understood what was the point of movies doing that though. That doesn't bring a lot to the movies, but you can now expect some things to happen, which you shouldn't.

FFXIV ends its current big bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MFYXNc76nc Nearly an hour of cutscenes.

WoW ends the last of a series of big bads its introduced in the throzen throne expansion for warcraft 3 over 15 years ago: NOT EVEN THIRTY SECONDS.

So budget cuts? or has the expansion been in skeleton crew mode as they try to get Shadowlands done as fast as possible to rush it out for another box sale to replace this?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    imagine paying 50 dollars bi-annually in addition to 15 dollars a month for this level of quality

wrathion cinematic was actually kinda neat tho

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    ironic that you, the individual 1, attempt to speak for the "millions" because you -- the individual 1 -- feel differently.
    The people actually playing the game outnumber MMO-C commenters by a few magnitudes. We may not be qualified to comment on why they still play the game, but they still play the game. Occam's Razor suggests the right explanation is the simplest one, so... I propose they actually like it.

Why does Wrathion look like a teenager who just got back from the beauty salon and now thinks he's an Instagram model? Also... who creates and writes this crap. I wish my cheeseburger had this much cheese in it.

Love everyone sitting here complaining about the cinematic while I’m thinking “Draenor...is free!” (WoD) as well as “It is over!” (Dragon soul while the aspects stand up and Thrall just chills). Even Arthas dying was anticlimactic.
    Let’s face it, the 2 ending cinematics that had much, if any impact, were from Legion (sword stabbed thru the world), and MoP with what seems like a turning point for the Alli/Horde conflict.

The raid Finale is currently on "Unlisted" btw.