Poll: Worst WoW raid ending?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cata and WoD were both horrendous, but the BFA ending still takes the number 1 spot as the biggest pile of trash for me. Not only is it an incredibly scuffed cutscene but the fact that it's centered around the player character is just next level stupid. When literally every player character is the chosen one, nothing can redeem the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD...
    The whole Garrosh saying 'Dreanor is free' and celebrating while before was responsible for genocide and not even paying for the crimes he committed, as well as getting a free pass by Yrel and the Draenei as if they had amnesia. Combined with how bad the rest of the expansion was there is no competition

BfA is a close second though. A lot of people will vote for it being number 1 right now because it;s fresh. The passage of time will change that I think.

(NOTE: Also the ending of cata was the dragons giving up their aspect powers feeling they are no longer needed)
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-22 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Haha...I want to hear the reasons of the 4 ppl voting WotLK as worst
    The whole "There always has to be a Lich King xD" thing is really really shitty storytelling. Like, its on par with "Draenor is free".

Cataclysm is 100% the worst, and by quite a margin.

I think Deathwing being kamehameha'd by Thrall was the worst. I didn't necessarily hate the fight from a mechanical and difficulty perspective but it felt like a lackluster end to Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Why put bias in your own poll?

It's actually WoTLK. What a let down from WC3. There must always be a Lich King and I lost on purpose to raise you as my own as I gallop around Northerend like a Saturday morning cartoon character is absolutely retarded.
    I'm really not biased one way or the other. I just put in paren what comes to mind when I think of each ending's cinematic. Although I was meme'ing a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Wrath, because I found the whole storyline in Wrath to be shit. Also the "gotta be a lich king" bullshit was.. well, bullshit.

But it's #trending to hate BFA so we all know where this thread is going.
    Hi

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well we didn't do a 180 and make peace with N'zoth at least, so lorewise WoD still holds the torch for me. Ny'alotha however certainly takes the cake in terms of lackluster endings, just a pathetic end to a mediocre expansion.

Edit: Actually fuck that. The way this expansion will transfer into Shadowlands now that there is no 8.3.5, with "Suddenly Sylvanas showed up and did something" as the bridge, BFA is just the worst.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2020-01-22 at 05:10 PM.

"Draenor Is Freeeeeee" was pretty bad.

But the 5 second long DBZ ripoff ending is probably the worst.

1) MoP, wrapped up the story told throughout mists greatly. I still wished war crimes would have been patch 5.5

2) Wrath, while it had flaws it still ended Arthas journey pretty nicely.

3) Legion, did a great Job setting up the next expansion and had a good enough ending.

4) Cataclysm, quite cringy but it at least finished the story in an okayish way.

5) WoD, would have been last but it at least had dialogue. Groms sudden redemption made no sense at all.

6) BfA, beyond weak. After all the setup N'zoth had, this is just not fitting for a character like him. Once again I think we should have gotten a whole expansion around Azshara and N'zoth. Both should have gotten major spotlight.

You can see on the result that one expansion of 2 is pretty bad

MOP's "Yay, we beat the big bad. Now let's go ship him off to some trial where the verdict has been decided before the trial begins and give him a chance to escape instead of dealing with the genocidal powermonger the same way we've dealt with everyone prior and since."

Cataclysm for me. I don't even remember WoD's at all, so it must not have been that bad to me, but I still remember watching Cata's and thinking "WHAT?!?!?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Even "Draenor is FREE" at least gave you a sense of resolution even with the stinger on the end that Gul'dan was still out there.
    That may have been true if
    1. The guy screaming it had not just committed mass genocide and tried to conquer our world with zero effort even put into a redemption story for his character other than the redemption story that an alternate reality version of him had.
    2. Blizz didn't add later on that Yrel just went on to commit her own genocide against the orcs in a holier-than-though crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The whole "There always has to be a Lich King xD" thing is really really shitty storytelling. Like, its on par with "Draenor is free".
    I don't think it's inherently bad storytelling but I do wish they went a different direction with the implications.

See, I always suspected it was a trick and that wasn't actually Terenas's ghost but either old God influence (icc was literally made out of yog sarons blood) or a remnant/echo of Ner'zhul trying to get a pawn to take up the helm and allow him to regain control.

In the end it was just to be taken at face value, which is a shame but not unexpected.

It did at least set up some of sylvanas's motivations for better or worse. So there's that.

Overall I still love that cinematic despite the "must always be a Lich King" bit not making much sense.

OT: Cata by far, it was just so very cringey. And the aspects losing power and "age of mortals" was just so dumb. I hate that cinematic. Worst part is I get the sense that wow team is very proud of that one.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

On one hand, WoD had that terrible "We are freeee!" moment. On the other? The big bad the expansion seemed to be hinting at, Sylvanas? She went and jumped ship before the last patch even came out and we got that shitty energy blasting N'zoth away ending instead. Seemed really really hollow.

My vote is BFA's ending to be worse.

I hold out hope for the Mythic ending and hope that it is different like with WoD Archi cinematic.

..If not, then yes, absolute trash and a waste of cinematic time -_-
    Last edited by LiteTheWay; 2020-01-22 at 08:13 PM.

Cataclysm and WoD were much better because at least they had emotions, they were not completely soulless. In the Cataclysm ending, you see Alliance, Horde, and Kirin Tor celebrating the defeat of Deathwing, and the final message of the expansion was touching. Deathwing's defeat, the defeat of a near god-like being, the strongest enemy the players had faced at that point, marked the beginning of the age of mortals and the birth of a new generation of guardians.

The ending of WoD was also good, aside from the Grommash's cringefest. It ended in a sombre touch, as Gul'dan avoided justice and would kickstart the events of Legion. But at the same time, it was touching to see orcs and draenei stand together, the people of Draenor finally rising beyond strife and hatred to build a new society in peace.

Meanwhile, what emotional impact does 8.3 ending cinematic have? What message is it trying to tell? Nothing. It is literally just 20 seconds of bad Sauron rip-off and flashy effects. There is no substance, no story.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-01-22 at 08:16 PM.

I'd say BfA.
    N'zoth was a villain who was lurking in the back since Cata, that character and the Black Empire going under the bus in such a way is a massive waste of lore.

WoD remains that weird expansion that appeared out of nowhere and wanted to wrap up a three part story in two parts.

Definitely Cata. I'll never forget that. "Deathwing just goes *poof*, that can't be the end." "Yeah, that's surely just a placeholder and we'll get an epic cinematic!"
    Well... that didn't happen.