Poll: Do you think Mythic has the true story?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think Mythic N'zoth will have the true finale?

The final phase on Mythic is special, its description in the journal is this:
    As N'Zoth the Corruptor's tentacles tighten on the Chamber of Heart, Magni and MOTHER begin unleashing the fury of the Forge of Origination to put an end to the Corruptor's plans.

Or, so they hope.
    Do you think we're getting faked out? That the conclusion to Normal isn't the truth and that N'zoth prevailed and we're living in a vision until Mythic N'zoth is defeated and the truth comes out?

Personally, I don't think that's the case but it would be neato and I want to believe

It'd be a fun use of the game's mechanics and story, which is a focus of this patch.

After seeing the cinematic, I doubt much effort is put into the secret phase.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    With how bad that was and how bad this expansion was, I doubt there will be anything until Shadowlands lol

I'm still holding out hope that N'zoth's mind manipulation is strong enough to fool our senses into beliving we killed him.
    That when we return from Shadowlands, Azeroth is overrun by Old god influence since we fed N'zoth basically all of the Azerite we spent a expansion farming.

Because this can't be how the Old god threat ends. It's too stupid to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

No, we all know what happened. We're all disappointed. Let's just go to a window and stare out blankly at the dark of night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plotting aside, the rather abrupt ending is more likely caused by the other lengthy cinematics that have populated the expansion. I don't know if that's a fair call or not but it makes sense. I don't remember an expansion with over half an hour of their prime quality cinematics. It's a good question if that's the way you want to end an expansion. I personally don't think it is but that's their call.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Plotting aside, the rather abrupt ending is more likely caused by the other lengthy cinematics that have populated the expansion. I don't know if that's a fair call or not but it makes sense. I don't remember an expansion with over half an hour of their prime quality cinematics. It's a good question if that's the way you want to end an expansion. I personally don't think it is but that's their call.
    The full CGI rendered ones are done by a different team than the typical cut scenes we see though, aren't they?

No. Unfortunately i don't think it will make sense either.

I very much doubt it. Essentially the biggest hint was already that N'Zoth has practically nothing to do with Shadowlands and this plot line is inconsequential to the story going forward. At most I could see them shoe horning in some voice lines during the mythic phase to make some references how he could survive in the shadowlands or something like that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, every raid-end cinematic looks confusing and pathetic if you're not there yourself playing and taking the boss down as that's where all the context for what's happening is found. It's a fantasy game, not a book or movie you can just hit up on the ending to learn how the big setup and showdown wraps up.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Yes, there's a secret phase in Mythic N'Zoth where the game completely breaks the fourth wall. After N'Zoth dies, the camera begins to zoom out revealing YOU, the player, sitting laboriously in front of your PC. You sit mortified as the N'Zoth ending cinematic plays, unskippable. You begin to feel rage frothing from within you. You are then seen Alt-F4'ing from WoW and immediately open up a browser window for MMO-Champion. Boss music begins to play ominously in the background. You navigate to create a new thread. You type in the subject line, all capital letters, "BLIZZARD THIS IS BULLSHIT WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE WAS THAT???" The camera zooms back into the browser window. The boss music becomes more intense. The cursor begins blinking and you realize.... THIS is the secret phase. Suddenly quest dialogue pops up, informing you that the goal is to write as many hateful words as you can about Blizzard within a 5 minute window. After you've transcribed your angry tirade, you submit the post and Blizzard will then compare your complaints against a database of other angry forum posts. It is then graded out of four major categories: Points are awarded for sarcasm, cynicism, allusions to corporate greed and nostalgic delusions of grandeur. If you fail to achieve maximum points in at least two of the four categories you will die, both in the game and in real life.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-01-22 at 03:10 AM.

I'll say the mythic only phase is set between the ingame cutscene and the finale cinematic. As the description seems to hint that, N'zoth doesn't get killed by the Azerite beam, but gets empowered by it.

However I feel like the cinematic of N'zoth exploding is still going to happen. Probably something along of line of "X characters body can't handle UNLIMITED POWAH!!!!!". Such as Kai from Kung Fu Panda 3.

I doubt it solely on the fact it would mean there's game content/story that the vast majority of players won't see. I can think of several other reasons there won't be a different ending for Mythic, but that's the biggest one that stands out to me.
    Times y'all got me with that dang Eye of Azshara Login Screen: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Melathyr View Post
    I doubt it solely on the fact it would mean there's game content/story that the vast majority of players won't see. I can think of several other reasons there won't be a different ending for Mythic, but that's the biggest one that stands out to me.
    The vast majority of players never got the fate of Cho'gall in WoD though, and that wasn't much of a problem.
    To a lesser extent, I think Gul'dan's mythic phase also explained some small stuff. All that Demon Within's thing was never explained to the normal/heroic raiders, I don't remind if that was a lore-part before this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The vast majority of players never got the fate of Cho'gall in WoD though, and that wasn't much of a problem.
    To a lesser extent, I think Gul'dan's mythic phase also explained some small stuff. All that Demon Within's thing was never explained to the normal/heroic raiders, I don't remind if that was a lore-part before this though.
    Gul'dan is probably a good example actually in this case.

The mythic version is basically "Guldan succeeded in putting a part of Sarg into Illidan".

The end result is still the same, Illidan gets his body back, and the mythic part just had a bit extra without being important to the story.

I could see the same happening here.
    N'zoth will still die in the end, but where the normal fight ends there could be another entire phase about how we failed to kill him at first, thinking we did.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yes I agree with you otaXephon

I didn't play BFA, I even played WOD for 6 months, and I wont play Shadowlands. You see the game life is just something digital, and digital is not real.
    But on the subject, who cares? Let the storytellers do their thing, we should be the recievers. I don't think writers should ever listen to feedback or the readers, they should have a big plan and deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, there's a secret phase in Mythic N'Zoth where the game completely breaks the fourth wall. After N'Zoth dies, the camera begins to zoom out revealing YOU, the player, sitting laboriously in front of your PC. You sit mortified as the N'Zoth ending cinematic plays, unskippable. You begin to feel rage frothing from within you. You are then seen Alt-F4'ing from WoW and immediately open up a browser window for MMO-Champion. Boss music begins to play ominously in the background. You navigate to create a new thread. You type in the subject line, all capital letters, "BLIZZARD THIS IS BULLSHIT WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE WAS THAT???" The camera zooms back into the browser window. The boss music becomes more intense. The cursor begins blinking and you realize.... THIS is the secret phase. Suddenly quest dialogue pops up, informing you that the goal is to write as many hateful words as you can about Blizzard within a 5 minute window. After you've transcribed your angry tirade, you submit the post and Blizzard will then compare your complaints against a database of other angry forum posts. It is then graded out of four major categories: Points are awarded for sarcasm, cynicism, allusions to corporate greed and nostalgic delusions of grandeur. If you fail to achieve maximum points in at least two of the four categories you will die, both in the game and in real life.
    If that is the case, my cat should also be strolling around my desk. And I do not see any reference to my cat.

Dude, where is my cat?

If the Mythic phase doesn't have some major swerve that is worthy of the biggest looming threat in all the lore that wasn't named Sargeras, and more coherently sets up the next expansion, then BFA will have been the absolute worst failure in the game's history.

Also if that's the real ending, then BFA turned into the Chinese pirate DVD version of "Return of the King"

Very unlikely. Garrosh, Archimonde, and Argus all had special mythic phases, none of them got a special mythic cinematic.

In fact, has there ever been a special mythic/heroic cinematic? I don't think there was.

Just wishful thinking. And don't take this as ranting, I want to be proved wrong, because frankly I was expecting a sinister twist at the end of BfA.