Poll: Do you think Mythic has the true story?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    If the Mythic phase doesn't have some major swerve that is worthy of the biggest looming threat in all the lore that wasn't named Sargeras, and more coherently sets up the next expansion, then BFA will have been the absolute worst failure in the game's history.

Also if that's the real ending, then BFA turned into the Chinese pirate DVD version of "Return of the King"
    Arguably even if it had that, given how many people ever clear mythic, this would still be applicable for like 90% of the playerbase. The idea of hiding the coherent and interesting ending behind a niche activity that barely anyone cares about, doesn't seem like a smart movie. But then skimping out on the last patch of the expansion is probably also not very smart in most people's books.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Nah, but'll drop mythic gear. Which you can't get on herioc. So there's that.

There will never be a mythic-exclusive secret ending. This is it.

that wouldn't make any sense to have a mythic-only-cinematic that would, i assume, be the true lore cinematic. for the players who will never get into mythic and never see it, that would be kind of silly.

perhaps killing N'zoth in Mythic will drop a Mythic-only item that begins a quest or something, and that quest leads to an in-game cutscene that follows up on the cinematic? maybe a plot twist incoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Arguably even if it had that, given how many people ever clear mythic, this would still be applicable for like 90% of the playerbase. The idea of hiding the coherent and interesting ending behind a niche activity that barely anyone cares about, doesn't seem like a smart movie. But then skimping out on the last patch of the expansion is probably also not very smart in most people's books.
    Well, it's true they'd have to be ready to roll some sort of generally accessible cinematic or something that catches everyone up to what would have been revealed in gameplay only in the M dungeon. It's a bigger deal than "why Archimonde stayed dead" or "where did Cho'gall go anyway?" from WOD, but it's still better than "N'Zauron exploded and his tower collapsed in Mordor because something something kinda like the Demon Soul except you are the Thrall now"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    that wouldn't make any sense to have a mythic-only-cinematic that would, i assume, be the true lore cinematic. for the players who will never get into mythic and never see it, that would be kind of silly.

perhaps killing N'zoth in Mythic will drop a Mythic-only item that begins a quest or something, and that quest leads to an in-game cutscene that follows up on the cinematic? maybe a plot twist incoming?
    Mythic phases are already the lore canon, the only difference is they never have made the difference something really major to the plot... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenophis View Post
    If that is the case, my cat should also be strolling around my desk. And I do not see any reference to my cat.

Dude, where is my cat?
    Aha, that's where you find the secret secret Mythic-only phase: By chaining together as many negative adjectives as possibly, you're able to unlock a bonus multiplier which will reveal all household animals you possess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Mythic phases are already the lore canon, the only difference is they never have made the difference something really major to the plot... yet.
    I'm pretty sure nobody would know about Cho'gall's fate if he hadn't been part of the Mythic only phase of Imperator Mar'gok.

Blizzard already pulled out time travel and screwed it up royally, now they'll probably shift to "it was all a dream" and screw it up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

No.

I think there's a huge disconnect from the community perception and Blizzard. The players see N'zoth as the last Old God. The ultimate bad left of that story arc. Blizzard sees N'zoth as just a side character they need to tie up and get rid of. It really doesn't matter the conclusion, its going to be underwhelming to the players.

This is my prediction and it would fit perfectly with Blizzard trying to do something "New". It's also right up the alley of how stupid the story has been going so far.

Since we have seen that Sylvanas vs Lich King cinematic, the Mythic only phase is going to tie into that and will play after Mythic N'Zoth is dead. It will explain exactly WHY Sylv went and did what she did. I got a feeling that this happened RIGHT before N'Zoth died and in the end she will actually be the only reason why we survived the fight and ended up in Shadowlands. Since the next expansion is tied too Death it would make sense. We don't actually beat N'Zoth and never had a chance (I bet Sylv knew this). Because the "Player Character" never dies (essentially) the veil being broken may actually be our only way to get to the Shadowlands.

N'Zoth only makes us believe we kill him. When in fact us killing him would lower our guard and leave us very vulnerable to his real attack (which would be an eternity of torment and fear). The Helm of Domination (If I'm not mistaken, was corrupted by ANOTHER Old God). The Dagger (why it wasn't in Wrathion's hands when he stabbed N'Zoth) was actually N'Zoth taking that split second to manipulate us into THINKING we are about to win. This is where we slip into N'Zoths Vision of US killing him.

The Mythic ending will be the same. I'd say the "Special" Phase will just reveal N'Zoth isn't dead. The Phase takes place next to Sargeras Sword and it is surrounded by void beings. Magni is dead/mother is dead/Azeroth is Corrupted. We get saved by some Hero NPC and they explain what has happened in Ice Crown and ultimately we have flee there to escape the Old Gods Madness (all are free - All Eyes are open - All Old Gods are returning).

Pre-Patch Shadowlands will be a AQ40 type collection event. Pre-paring to leave Azeroth and go to the Shadowlands to find out how to save ourselves and it is the only way to escape any old god incluence. Next XPO will be us returning to Azeroth to save it, or perhaps multiple expansions down the road. All becomes clear to us. We find out the Burning Legion was trying to prevent exactly what just happened. Some other crazy shit etc.

I also have a Theory about the "All Eyes Shall be Opened" as well, which may tie into the "Star in the Sky". It is possible that for some time now, we have been in one of N'Zoths "Dreams" for quite some time. I say this line is tied to us awakening AFTER N'Zoth is "Supposedly Defeated". When we (The player Character) wakes up, our real reality is of a Azeroth Corrupted and the Start really was NEVER there to begin with. It only acts as a symbol of us not actually being awake and we have been asleep for quite some time. I only say this because it would tie up why so many stupid things happened. Like us being there "Just in time" to see N'Zoth Freed and why that Dagger seemingly has a mind of its own and ends up all over the place. Things seem to be way too convenient to have happened.

We are in a prison. A prison of our own Minds and I'd say that there are a select few who realized this. Sylv being Undead, wouldn't be effected. Breaking that Veil only allowed us to wake up and to be stopped from being influenced. Setting us free of the Old Gods temporarily. We also could of been slipping in and our of these visions without even knowing it for awhile. Call back to "Thralls" Vision in Warcraft the RTS. Medivh isn't real and has never been. Or was and was corrupted awhile ago. We have been strung along for awhile and Shadowlands is going to real this. Bringing in a new chapter for WOW were we are no longer effected by the Old Gods and finally have a real chance of saving Azeroth. We all need to become immune to their influence for it to work, which is why we go to the Shadowlands for help.
    Last edited by Frozenstorm; 2020-02-01 at 12:14 AM.

No; the Mythic phase is just going to be "oh no, it didn't work, we need to kill him the old-fashioned way!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton