The Outsider [TV Miniseries]

I didn't see anything posted about this yet, so I figured I'd do so. 3 episodes in, it's really awesome. It's very well done. All of the principles are excellent, and the cinematography and soundtrack are really great. It's being done by the same guy who put together "The Night Of", if anyone's also seen that. Is anything else watching and liking The Outsider?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's on my radar. I watched the preview and thought it looked pretty interesting. Working my through Giri/Haji at the moment after which I plan on diving into The Outsider.

It's one of Stephen King's weaker works, so I hadn't checked it out yet. I guess maybe its themes make more sense on the screen.

Started watching it having absolutely no clue what to expect. Never heard of it before, never saw a trailer or anything. It's done enough to keep me watching so far. The most recent episode is definitely starting to feel like Fringe or the X-Files.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention, will try to watch the pilot soon

7+ Year Old Account
    Started watching this last night. Figured I'd watch the first episode before going to bed. Yeaaaah. Watched all available episodes, 4 at the moment, before heading to bed. I'm not going to say its great, but, its definitely well done and pretty interesting. Good stuff so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Still trying to figure out if it’s aliens, demonic or some kind of secret government program. Very weird... but good.
    Knowing King, it’s aliens.

Having only read the book and not yet started this series, I find these theories......amusing.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Knowing King, it’s aliens.
    Actually, if you know King - aliens are in the minority of his "baddies."

Supernatural (of some type) beings are more his 'norm'; and towards the latter half of his career (con't through today of course) it leans towards "multi-dimensional supernatural beings". Aliens were in 3 or 4 of his plots (and yes, IMO, always his weakest writings when he makes it aliens). He's had...50...60... I can't keep track...or so plots without them.

And as this is a finished book - the answer is already out there. I read it last year. But I'm not doing spoilers .

So IS this a miniseries?? Or a series?? the HBO ads don't mention "mini-" it just says "NEW SERIES" but I was really confused. Because this is a literal single book plot and DONE. (not even a trilogy of books like Mr. Mercedes for Hulu show) So I was hesitant to start it if they were trying to make an unending-serial series from the book.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-01-29 at 07:09 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post

Supernatural (of some type) beings are more his 'norm'; and towards the latter half of his career (con't through today of course) it leans towards "multi-dimensional supernatural beings". Aliens were in 3 or 4 of his plots (and yes, IMO, always his weakest writings when he makes it aliens). He's had...50...60... I can't keep track...or so plots without them.

And as this is a finished book - the answer is already out there. I read it last year. But I'm not doing spoilers .

So IS this a miniseries?? Or a series?? the HBO ads don't mention "mini-" it just says "NEW SERIES" but I was really confused. Because this is a literal single book plot and DONE. (not even a trilogy of books like Mr. Mercedes for Hulu show) So I was hesitant to start it if they were trying to make an unending-serial series from the book.
    Under the Dome was similar. They initially billed it as a mini-series, but then tried to stretch it into more seasons and failed pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Still trying to figure out if it’s aliens, demonic or some kind of secret government program. Very weird... but good.
    I think it's a similar kind of supernatural 'entity' to IT. IT fed on fear. This guy feeds on sadness/grief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post

I think it's a miniseries. It's similar to like "The Night Of". In fact, it's done by the same guy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I think it's a similar kind of supernatural 'entity' to IT. IT fed on fear. This guy feeds on sadness/grief.
    Definitely what I got from the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Definitely what I got from the last episode.
    Do you think maybe it's another kind of deadlights creature like IT?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Do you think maybe it's another kind of deadlights creature like IT?
    I wouldn't be surprised. I'm expecting supernatural of some sort.