Thread: Wrathion age

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    shut up mom I'm 12 now I can do what I want!
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Can someone provide dialogue between Ebonhorn and Wrathion for us not in the game? Try googling around and not much luck

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Every expansion has only taken 1 year...
    welcome to the official blizzard timeline.
    I was talking about the time that garrosh spend in AUDraenor before he reconnected the portal. Not that it matters anymore, since apparently wrathion didn't go along with him anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was talking about the time that garrosh spend in AUDraenor before he reconnected the portal. Not that it matters anymore, since apparently wrathion didn't go along with him anyway.
    nah garrosh spent a fair while there, i cant off the top of my head remember how long, but like years.
    sorta like how once we no longer had a connection, in 2 years that timeline traveled 35 years forward.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Also as i already mentioned, we did try listen to him in MoP and 'surprise' we discovered he is actually still a kid just with insane power as black dragon aspect son (wrathion is shown clearly with powers above normal dragon), nothing should make alliance or horde listen to him again, not at least before 10 more years, MoP happened in wow only 2 years prior to current event if wow timeline is the same as it was for earlier exp (we have a confirm from the 'titans pov' book that each wow exp took only 1 year in wow universe)
    I'm not sure why you feel "ten years" indicates he's suddenly worthy of attention, but a few years spent diligently researching the exact threat we currently face and coming up with ways to counter old god corruption, which has turned him into the only expert on preventing old god corruption in mortal races, somehow doesn't make him worth listening.

It's the maturity and expertise of an individual, not their age, that gives someone merit. Wrathion is at least as mature as Magni, and we've been following his diamond backside around for two expansions now. Wrathion has shown to be more knowledgeable about the old gods' influence than Magni. If we're listening to the crazy dwarf, I don't see why we would dismiss the black dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    hes made from a Black Whelp Corpse. and two different black dragon eggs from some titan artifact so hes like 3 dragons in 1? then he ate the heart of the thunderking which had Ra-dens power and some of Aman'Thul's power . i wouldn't doubt he has some kind of accelerated growth.

though with that kinda power he got shoved around by the N'zoth cultists pretty easly in blackrock mountain. guess hes more smart then powerful
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Wrathion has shown to be more knowledgeable about the old gods' influence than Magni.
    when ?
    we know Wrathion only cared to fight BL, when did he search AND become the biggest expert on old gods? If anyone should earn that title it would be Azshara (who meets the lovely fate of AU Grom)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

when ?
    we know Wrathion only cared to fight BL, when did he search AND become the biggest expert on old gods? If anyone should earn that title it would be Azshara (who meets the lovely fate of AU Grom)
    Magni didn't know how to resist their influence.

Shown by both the Ebonhorn questline, and the cape questline. Magni AND Ra-den had no idea how we would be able to invade Ny'alotha. Wrathion did know.

So in the situation of the allies we had, Wrathion is more knowledgeable than Magni, yes.

No one mentioned Azshara because she isn't nor was she an ally at the time. She obviously knows a great deal herself, things that Wrathion didn't know either as evident by her giving him the dagger saying it's the key to defeating N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    hes made from a Black Whelp Corpse. and two different black dragon eggs from some titan artifact so hes like 3 dragons in 1? then he ate the heart of the thunderking which had Ra-dens power and some of Aman'Thul's power . i wouldn't doubt he has some kind of accelerated growth.

though with that kinda power he got shoved around by the N'zoth cultists pretty easly in blackrock mountain. guess hes more smart then powerful
    Those cultists were empowered by N'zoth. Not even Azshara could withstand his influence if he had to force his will upon her and she's the greatest sorceress on the freaking planet. Not to mention it would be quite dull for the player if he instantly overpowered them.

Second if it wasn't for his cloak, us players couldn't even kill a horrific vision let alone the last two bosses xd

10+ Year Old Account
    horde also listen to him btw... so how exactly did u conclude that 'alliance' only is dumb?
    we did listen to him in MoP but at least in MoP it backfired, and it was shown he is actually his age, a kid who is toying with power, but in 8.3 he get center stage it seems, and now ppl listen to his 'guidance', like what? didn't we already try that and learn the hard way he is only 6?
    The second half of the OP is about Alliance being stupid for following Anduin. While I don't particularly love Anduin, I for one could not go about the main question of the thread, because it looked like a jab at the faction disguised as a Wrathion discussion.
    If I wrote "Why was Sylvanas in charge for so long even though she was obviously up to something? Except horde because the faction is just a leaderless mess and no one had the guts to take her on", that would not be a very genuine starting point.

However I am not here to derail the thread and I can see the discussion is going strong, so I'll answer the main point. Dragons mature earlier than mortals and he is a powerful ally to have at our side (remember Lei Shen's heart). I agree that maybe more vigilance would be in order due to black dragons' history of being corrupted, but Wrathion has a way with words and the means to make things happen.
    Also Magni vouches for him and he was put in charge by Azeroth.

I like how a thread about Wrathion couldn't help but also include this dumb "MUH HUMAN POTENTIAL" bullshit in the OP. Also notice how the OP has to lie, like all the people constantly whining about Anduin, because they can't just be honest and just want to complain.

So predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The second half of the OP is about Alliance being stupid for following Anduin. While I don't particularly love Anduin, I for one could not go about the main question of the thread, because it looked like a jab at the faction disguised as a Wrathion discussion.
    If I wrote "Why was Sylvanas in charge for so long even though she was obviously up to something? Except horde because the faction is just a leaderless mess and no one had the guts to take her on", that would not be a very genuine starting point.

However I am not here to derail the thread and I can see the discussion is going strong, so I'll answer the main point. Dragons mature earlier than mortals and he is a powerful ally to have at our side (remember Lei Shen's heart). I agree that maybe more vigilance would be in order due to black dragons' history of being corrupted, but Wrathion has a way with words and the means to make things happen.
    Also Magni vouches for him and he was put in charge by Azeroth.
    isn't Magni clear by now how he was a toy in old gods hands and without him Nzoth would never been released ?
    And maybe because english isn't my first language, but i didn't get that line about Sylvanas or horde at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Magni didn't know how to resist their influence.
    i thought it is a fact by now that Magni was their toy and helped release Nzoth from his prison, of course he doesn't know how to resist them, in fact, he is their speaker
    Or is he speaker of Azeroth who already is corrupted ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power