Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    More WQ grinding for AP (Anima Power)? More reputation farming for abilities (Covenants)? More scaling dungeons (Torgast)?

What are the features that make us excited to get to max level content? Despite their flaws, we had things like new classes and races, battlegrounds, Garrisons and the like to get us excited in the past.

At the moment, Shadowlands is looking more and more like a reskinned BFA that has ticked off the mandatory checklist of features then called it a day. The expansion has no soul and substance. And I'm worried that it may have no lasting appeal.

I am concerned that most people will get to max level in Shadowlands, realise very quickly that the game plays almost identically to BFA, then unsub immediately in the first month. Which would be an absolute shame for the company.
    Oh wise and mighty one, since you gazed into your crystal ball to see the future of SL, since it was my birthday was yesterday would you make me a happy person and look up when the next hefty lottery jackpot will be and give me the numbers for it?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I suggest you stop, because they weren't.
    Wrong, un-capped progression, and un-regulated play are what the game needs, and the subscription numbers prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Im starting to think if things were as they were back in tbc or wotlk, theyd be more enjoyable
    Ah yes flying around Shattrath and running laps in Dalaran was truly amazing.

What are the features that make us excited to get to max level content? Despite their flaws, we had things like new classes and races, battlegrounds, Garrisons and the like to get us excited in the past.
    How in the world are new classes, races or battlegrounds an exciting thing for max level? Arguably classes, okay, but everything else you can experience at like level 10 and then ignore again.

Like oh boy, I really love having new races so my character can look slightly different under all his armor.

And Garrisons were some of the worst content the game ever had, you build up your little town and then never leave it for any reason because it has everything you need and you completely stopped caring about it after about a month.

I'd take world quests, invasions, and dungeons over shit that literally doesn't matter any day of the week.

7+ Year Old Account
    More WQ grinding for AP (Anima Power)? More reputation farming for abilities (Covenants)? More scaling dungeons (Torgast)?

At the moment, Shadowlands is looking more and more like a reskinned BFA that has ticked off the mandatory checklist of features then called it a day. The expansion has no soul and substance. And I'm worried that it may have no lasting appeal.

I am concerned that most people will get to max level in Shadowlands, realise very quickly that the game plays almost identically to BFA, then unsub immediately in the first month. Which would be an absolute shame for the company.
    Styil we ask you this with every single thread you make.
    could you show us your time machine?
    cause you keep making claims only someone who has even tried it could know.

i know the meme "its just alpha" "its just beta" "its just 1 month away" "its just day 1"

but we literally dont even have anything to look at.

you are literally looking at concept art and going "wow this zone is so small"
    "H....how? how do you know? we literally just have concept art of a tree..."

Also races and classes are not max level content...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Ah yes flying around Shattrath and running laps in Dalaran was truly amazing.
    Different experinces.

You know what my max lvl experience was in TBC? Running heroics, getting shockadin gear and pvping in and out of bgs, and farming (herbs, mats, rep). All which i enjoyed.

Also, as opposed to what exactly?

Different experinces.

You know what my max lvl experience was in TBC? Running heroics, getting shockadin gear and pvping in and out of bgs, and farming (herbs, mats, rep). All which i enjoyed.

Also, as opposed to what exactly?
    If you were a raider in TBC there was absolutely nothing to do other than raiding, pvp or dailies until you got to exalted with whatever faction.

If you want to run heroics, bgs and farm there is nothing stopping you to do so now either.

The reason they implemented dailies was because people were bored at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    Wrong, un-capped progression, and un-regulated play are what the game needs, and the subscription numbers prove it.
    That's not an argument in favour of BC or WotLK, which had strongly capped progression, and in particular BC, very regulated play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If you were a raider in TBC there was absolutely nothing to do other than raiding, pvp or dailies until you got to exalted with whatever faction.

If you want to run heroics, bgs and farm there is nothing stopping you to do so now either.

The reason they implemented dailies was because people were bored at max level.
    I was one, in a semi hc guil raidinf 4 nights a week, yet I kept myself busy. Granted, that was the "addicted" phase of my WoW time.

And that's what I do today. I do M+ because it has some measure of enjoyment whereas everything else is, personally, abhorrent. Not to mention class design

5+ Year Old Account
    Hold up, when did you start evaluating my personal experience over me?
    If there is something most MMOC white knights have in common with OP, is that they LOVE to tell you what you should think or do about the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

You could tell from the features trailer alone that it wasn't going to be much of an expansion. As long as Activision is in cutback mode all we are going to get is reused assets and minimum effort.

if you look REAL close its there

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, Shadowlands is looking more and more like a reskinned BFA .
    You've determined this based on your expansive experience with a development project that isn't scheduled to be released for almost an entire year from now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    How does it look more and more like anything? We don't really know anything. Wait for alpha/beta and then only then we can talk about missing or stupid mechanics again...
    Until then stay neutral. They could change or fuck it up again.
    Remaining neutral doesn't allow the whiners to whine, and the haters to shit all over Blizzard continuously.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-01-27 at 08:07 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Max content cinematics will be around Orgrimmar, like... always. And content? WQ, rep farming, AP-like grinding.. all the repetitive boring stuff.

I am sorry but why do you point out battlegrounds as an interesting addition for endgame, while torgast (which you just simplify to more scaling dungeons), is not valid enough?

We have AP grinding for progressing our soulbinds, we have the covenants for a bunch of amazing cosmetics, we have m+, we have torghast which is a vision-like scenario but less time focused, more class focused with legendaries to get, a new pvp season like always and most likely a couple new arenas just like in BFA, and raids.

Can you list for me what more do you NEED to have fun in the game? There are literally 4 damn endgame progression systems even if you exclude soulbinds/covenants (there are raids, m+, torghast, and a new pvp season). This is literally more endgame than any other expansion pre-dating this one. If you think not, then fucking list me the endgame list of another expansion.