Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 8.3 is a disaster

I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the patch is complete garbage but come on.. connect a few beams was too hard for you to figure out?

I dunno why you found the intro quests so hard nothing was out of the norm for me /shrug

Yes, and I still don't know how it was done. I really didn't understand that (and still don't).

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    Yes, and I still don't know how it was done. I really didn't understand that (and still don't).
    what are you 5y old? or you suffer from some learning disorder? those scenarios are not difficult or hard in any meaning of those words...

looks like you might have to adjust your interface settings so that the things you need to click on in a quest sparkle , and make it easier to spot

First time?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

"while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun." - pretty sure your other account probably had 5 threads about how bad previous zones were. Why do you people think spamming basically the same thread over and over would create some form of overwhelming narrative?

In all the gibberish, there is only 1 reasonable complaint - the lack of direct portals from main BFA cities to Uldum and Vale. No, the scenarios arent challenging and you can complete all dailies and invasion in 20 min per zone. And why are you coming for the next expansion? I thought it was a filler expansion? Cant even keep all the stories straight at this point...

Some of your points are utter BS but I agree that the patch feels a bit underwhelming. Especially after that monstrously huge 8.2 which had literally months of content in Mechagon and Nazjatar to be done daily. I think partially the success and volume of 8.2 is to be blamed for how empty 8.3 feels

Here we just have some dailies and a couple rares, without any achievements, tertiary crafting systems like in Mechagon, collections and professions. I will be having some fun collecting the new mounts at least, otherwise it feels a bit worthless. I personally am not doing the dailies at all, except for when a new invasion starts.

I agree that parts of the intro quest line was a bit meeh, but whats worse is all the bugs, shitty daylies and the bugged AH gold...I miss like...idk...200-300k gold now.

Edit: Also just how you get into that heroic vision...so slow to get the currency and for me heroic visions aint that amazing fun....
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-01-20 at 11:39 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

There are two sources of beams at the far right platform. Interacting with a pillar causes the beam there to rotate to connect to another pillar. You rotate the beams at the pillars so one goes across, then down the left side of the room, the other down the right side, then across, the room. Done.

The one that annoyed me was moving the statue. I thought maybe it had to be wedged into the door somehow, so I pushed it up the stairs and through the door. At that point it was lost, so I had to abandon the quest and restart.

I suspect the game is in for a very rough time before 9.0. Remember the big drop six months into 4.3, during Cataclysm? Like that, but a much larger percentage.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2020-01-20 at 11:48 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Something tells me you are not good at math.

I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

• It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

The increased difficulty is actually refreshing. Dumbing up the game is actually what was ruing it before.

How long before they give up with retail and do Classic+?

Summary - no it isn't.

No more than every other patch that the mists of time make vanish from our memories.

The patch is just fine.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I was item level 431 and I'm feeling decently challenged, like I die sometimes and stuff takes more time than it used to be.

Assaults are not meant to be grinds, find objectives, boom there goes 20 for more to the bar.
    Assaults are not dailies they take 3 or 7 days so no rush.

The dailies suck, I don't do them. Rep from assaults is enough and way more fun. I think these are meant for masochists to grind out their essences one week ahead off me.
    The mogushan scenario is interesting. I just realized I raided in MoP and knew exactly what to do. So must have been the quest designer.

So you use more time on the very few dailies in 8.3 than the two zones dailies in 8.2? lol?

naw, it's not a disaster. that's just your take and experience of it. you even said "it's too much" and "super boring" .... for you. so it's just your take that it's a disaster.

a bigger disaster is the doom train that has been riding thru this website dogging on this expac since BFA beta lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    How long before they give up with retail and do Classic+?
    Retail is Classic+ ... just FYI.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

i heard somewhere that if you don't do it yourself, the game automatically does it for you after a while.

don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

If you're finding the quests too hard I have no idea what to say. They're the exact same type of quest WoW has always had. Nothing at all hard to challenging about them.

Then you're doing the assaults by killing 100 mobs? What? You can clear the assault killing maybe 10 mobs at most, just do the little bonus things, half of them don't require killing any mobs at all. Rares also give a lot of %. They take maybe 20 minutes max and you do 3 per week. Really isn't bad at all.

Traveling to the zones also really doesn't take very long, like what, 30 seconds at most to get there? Faster than the flight path to Mechagon. Hardly a complaint.

There are some problems with this patch, sure, but everything you said is absolutely ridiculous. The puzzle was too hard? Like come on.