D.I.C.E. Summit 2020

Are you visiting the D.I.C.E. Summit this year?

As there are almost no coverage on the conference yet, I suggest to post all insights in this thread, especially about the private meetings you are going to attend.

For example, I can't wait for it because DMarket is going to show new ways for developers to monetize their games which also means there will be new opportunities for players to make money.

So, if you have any news on the conference, feel free to share them here.

thanks for the advertisement, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Kinadel View Post
    Are you visiting the D.I.C.E. Summit this year?

As there are almost no coverage on the conference yet, I suggest to post all insights in this thread, especially about the private meetings you are going to attend.

For example, I can't wait for it because DMarket is going to show new ways for developers to monetize their games which also means there will be new opportunities for players to make money.

Please, tell us more.

I heard a rumor that a certain advertising bot grew a conscious and decided to go away and never return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me when video games went from being this fun shit we did in our spare time to relax to being a new grind to make money?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I've been away for a day and already received so much hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Please, tell us more.
    I don't know much of it myself, the only thing is that they published an announcement on their blog where everybody can book a meeting with them for free where they will help to discover new opportunities to make money from my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Can someone tell me when video games went from being this fun shit we did in our spare time to relax to being a new grind to make money?
    I disagree with this. There are plenty of games where you can relax but most of them are paid. On the other hand, there are free games that make money in different ways, and I think we must be thankful for that because nobody forces us to make purchases and this option is usually developed for the keen fans; thus, you can play it even without donations.

Anyways, as an indie game developer myself, I think developer's labor must be respected and well-paid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with this. There are plenty of games where you can relax but most of them are paid. On the other hand, there are free games that make money in different ways, and I think we must be thankful for that because nobody forces us to make purchases and this option is usually developed for the keen fans; thus, you can play it even without donations.

Anyways, as an indie game developer myself, I think developer's labor must be respected and well-paid.
    What? No. I'm not talking about paying for games. I'm talking about playing them as a means to make money.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

What? No. I'm not talking about paying for games. I'm talking about playing them as a means to make money.
    People have been doing that forever. The only difference is that video games haven't been around nearly as long as football (either version)...or chess...or poker.

Ohh... Sorry then)