1. #1

    D.I.C.E. Summit 2020

    Are you visiting the D.I.C.E. Summit this year?

    As there are almost no coverage on the conference yet, I suggest to post all insights in this thread, especially about the private meetings you are going to attend.

    For example, I can't wait for it because DMarket is going to show new ways for developers to monetize their games which also means there will be new opportunities for players to make money.

    So, if you have any news on the conference, feel free to share them here.

  2. #2
    thanks for the advertisement, i think

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinadel View Post
    Are you visiting the D.I.C.E. Summit this year?

    As there are almost no coverage on the conference yet, I suggest to post all insights in this thread, especially about the private meetings you are going to attend.

    For example, I can't wait for it because DMarket is going to show new ways for developers to monetize their games which also means there will be new opportunities for players to make money.

    So, if you have any news on the conference, feel free to share them here.
    Please, tell us more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinadel View Post
    So, if you have any news on the conference, feel free to share them here.
    I heard a rumor that a certain advertising bot grew a conscious and decided to go away and never return.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  5. #5
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    25,716
    Can someone tell me when video games went from being this fun shit we did in our spare time to relax to being a new grind to make money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  6. #6
    I've been away for a day and already received so much hatred

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Please, tell us more.
    I don't know much of it myself, the only thing is that they published an announcement on their blog where everybody can book a meeting with them for free where they will help to discover new opportunities to make money from my game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Can someone tell me when video games went from being this fun shit we did in our spare time to relax to being a new grind to make money?
    I disagree with this. There are plenty of games where you can relax but most of them are paid. On the other hand, there are free games that make money in different ways, and I think we must be thankful for that because nobody forces us to make purchases and this option is usually developed for the keen fans; thus, you can play it even without donations.

    Anyways, as an indie game developer myself, I think developer's labor must be respected and well-paid.

  7. #7
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinadel View Post
    I disagree with this. There are plenty of games where you can relax but most of them are paid. On the other hand, there are free games that make money in different ways, and I think we must be thankful for that because nobody forces us to make purchases and this option is usually developed for the keen fans; thus, you can play it even without donations.

    Anyways, as an indie game developer myself, I think developer's labor must be respected and well-paid.
    What? No. I'm not talking about paying for games. I'm talking about playing them as a means to make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    What? No. I'm not talking about paying for games. I'm talking about playing them as a means to make money.
    People have been doing that forever. The only difference is that video games haven't been around nearly as long as football (either version)...or chess...or poker.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    What? No. I'm not talking about paying for games. I'm talking about playing them as a means to make money.
    Ohh... Sorry then)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •