10+ Year Old Account

it is now 1minute and 40 seconds till midnight.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ow-100-seconds

following concerns of worsening nuclear tensions and continued inaction on climate change and various other concerns about inaction on other global issues,the bulletin of atomic scientists has decided to move the clock forward to 100 seconds to midnight or 1:40 to midnight.

i find it quite odd they didn't put it at 1:45 instead.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How exciting!
    truly this is the end times.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Okay, I admit I don't want "excitement."
    I wanted a nice boring century of quiet progressive achievement in philosophy and the arts and sciences.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Okay, I admit I don't want "excitement."
    I wanted a nice boring century of quiet progressive achievement in philosophy and the arts and sciences.
    I want the apocalypse. What an awesome way to go that would be.

1 Minute and 40 seconds to midnight definitely isn't as catchy as 2 minutes to midnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post

Since 1947, the clock's hands have moved both closer to and further from midnight, reaching 17 minutes to midnight in 1991.
    I guess it moved back because of the fall of the soviet union? Well.. good thing the clock can be moved back. lol.. But this whole thing just doesn't seem very scientific and seems purely political during an election year. "World ends tomorrow!" And Jerry Brown who made millions from oil and is a hypocritical empty suit is probably not the best example to use as a climate activist.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-24 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Except you’d only know about it for a couple minutes unless you lived in some rural area in which case you’d die a slow, painful death from radiation. This is all assuming nuclear war.

Anybody missing snow in the city?
    Yeah, me neither.

Eh, it feels like they company was fading from the light, so they moved the clock just to get free publicity.

This tweet was hilarious and sums it up:

"The Doomsday Clock is now set at 100 seconds to midnight. But we won't know exactly how bad it is until we check the thermometer of peril, the compass of extinction, and the windsock of bad vibes."

Time to face facts - this doomsday clock is the scientists version of 'the rapture.'

Its omnipresent. Its about to happen, then it isn't. Its going to happen any minute now, then it isn't. Its going to happen by 2010, then it isn't. Its going to happen within the next 5 years, then it isn't.

Religious fanatics have 'the rapture,' right wing fanatics have 'the looming threat of communism,' left wing fanatics have 'the rise of white supremacy'

and scientists have 'the nuclear holocaust' aka the 'the doomsday clock.'

Its pathetic. Its pathetic when religious nutters predict the rapture. Its pathetic when right wing nutters call Obama a communist. Its pathetic white left wing nutters call Trump a white supremacist

and its pathetic when nutcase scientists predict the nuclear holocaust every 6 months.

F E A R M O N G E R I N G

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Except you’d only know about it for a couple minutes unless you lived in some rural area in which case you’d die a slow, painful death from radiation. This is all assuming nuclear war.
    Kind of boring but beats dieing in your own piss in some old folks home.

What would be great is some meteor smacks the shit out of the earth so hard that it comes out the other side.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    fearmongering at it's best.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Greta Thunberg has already become a dead meme nobody cares of, what are these completely irrelevant guys hoping for?