Poll: Who shoudl the Mogu join?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    If they added Mogu, wouldn't that mean they would also be adding Tol'vir? They are in the same patch after all.
    The Vulpera were introduced alongside the Sethrak, and the Mechagnomes were introduced featuring content including Gilgoblins and neither Sethrak nor Gilgoblins were made playable in the same patches as their featuring counterpart races, so I don't think if Mogu were introduced it would necessarily mean Tol'vir would get added at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The Horde treated the Pandaren pretty badly during the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    If the Mogu went to any side it'd probably be the Horde. Some Pandaren would probably leave the Horde if it happened. Maybe not all of them - maybe some would try for peace. But it would be a point of contention, I think.
    And yet Pandaren did not leave the horde after their race was treated poorly. And yet the Rajani and Golden Lotus are working together to defend the vale. There is nothing about Pandaren as a culture that would require them to leave the horde if a clan of Mogu were let into it. There is also nothing saying that the Pandaren hate everything and anything about the Mogu. After all that kind of hatred would have lead to a lot of sha manifesting themselves over the years.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet Pandaren did not leave the horde after their race was treated poorly. And yet the Rajani and Golden Lotus are working together to defend the vale. There is nothing about Pandaren as a culture that would require them to leave the horde if a clan of Mogu were let into it. There is also nothing saying that the Pandaren hate everything and anything about the Mogu. After all that kind of hatred would have lead to a lot of sha manifesting themselves over the years.
    (At that point was more speaking on Mogu as a whole, clarified Rajani in a following post.) The Rajani specifically have a number of ties to the Shado-Pan and Lorewalker Cho as well. Ji hasn't expressed a lot of animosity after what has happened, and the Pandaren in general haven't either, but if the Mogu as a collective people were introduced I would expect some level of grievance against it while I think it's a bit of a given that the Rajani are a bit of a different story considering their isolation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mogu like the Zandalari.

But the Mogu hate the Pandaren.

If the Mogu went to any side it'd probably be the Horde.

Some Pandaren would probably leave the Horde if it happened. Maybe not all of them - maybe some would try for peace. But it would be a point of contention, I think.
    If trolls and elves can mend fences, anybody can mend fences.

They love war, so Horde.

BUT!!

There are numerous clans, so both.

None, because Mogu are almost as garbage as Vulpera.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance, they would bring something new to the faction, some variation, their theme of empire could match well with the alliance theme of kingdoms

The horde don't rly need then, more of the same, they are not that much shamanistic either, and i will cut my left nut if they keep adding other races besides ogres in this fucking faction

The Rajani's isolation makes it understandable that they would have no animosity towards the Pandaren, but also means they may not have ties to the Zandalari. The Rajani may still be familiar with the Zandalari and may respect them as a military force, at least, and the Zandalari may respect that the Rajani aren't tied to the traitor Zul - or at least, Talanji would appreciate not having to worry about it. Talanji may even like that the Rajani helped fight off N'zoth seeing as the Old Gods were more or less involved with the death of her father.

The Rajani also however have ties now to Lorewalker Cho, the Shado-Pan, and the August Celestials since helping against N'zoth's assault on the Vale. The Wandering Isle's Huojin and Tushui Pandaren weren't native to Pandaria, and even in Pandaria the Mogu and Zandalari were gone for so long they were equated to fairy-tales until recently in Mists. So while the Rajani have proven themselves to natives of Pandaria who have trained their whole lives in suppressing negative emotions like resentment or notions of revenge to deal with the Sha - the descendants of the Wandering Isle may be even more removed from any direct baggage that other Pandaren may have had to deal with, while also more willing to act on it.

The Huojin specifically have a motto of taking action, and Ji Firepaw recently in the Siege of Orgrimmar was oppressed quite violently so maybe he'd hold some bitterness towards Mogu joining the Horde as he may fear being subjugated like that again. But I suppose Ji hasn't demonstrated many obvious signs of bitterness or resentment towards orcs, so maybe Ji wouldn't take any direct action himself. Perhaps Aysa is rubbing off on him.
    This I believe makes them ideal as the Pandaren allied race, able to be on both sides, most of the other Mogu would be pre-disposed to the Zandalari and thus horde.

Do you think that the distinction between Wnadering isle Pandaren and mainlanders is clear enough?

5+ Year Old Account
    Horde. I don't want a bunch of flesh shaping badass titanforged to pretend like they can't tie their shoolaces unless Anduin tells them how.

Oh who am I kidding? The Horde is doing the same thing now.

Anyway once another future raid boss takes over the Horde, they will stop acting like the Humans are the best thing since sliced bread. And I want the mogu to join the faction less prone to bootlicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Mogu would be interested in serving the Alliance or the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This I believe makes them ideal as the Pandaren allied race, able to be on both sides, most of the other Mogu would be pre-disposed to the Zandalari and thus horde.
    I'd rather have furbolgs as the Pandaren allied race, as you can use the pandaren skeleton/base model, slim down the stomach, put on more muscle, and replace the heads with furbolg heads. At the same time, give the Horde Alterac humans with Alterac 'reborn' under a union of the Defias and Syndicate, having joined the Horde to get their pound of flesh from Stormwind and Stromgarde.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    I would say they have a lot of common with Orcs. They were originally only tools and servents of the titans, over time they became free and got seperated into various clans. They value Strength and conquest, they do not shy from the idea of enslaving lesser races they don't deem worthy like the pandaren. They are not afraid to mettle with forbidden magic.

So i personally find it hard to see them fit into the alliance philosophy. On a more technical note they use the Draenei skeleton and animations. It'd be weird to have 3 races in the alliance which are identical to that degree. Draenei, Lightforged and mogu. So i'd say they fit the horde more in terms of culture, morals and unique skeleton that the horde doesn't have yet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    imagine if alliance gets lightbound undead and horde gets Mogu xD

and the damn tortollan becomes neutral like pandaren.

The Mogu like the Zandalari.

But the Mogu hate the Pandaren.

If the Mogu went to any side it'd probably be the Horde.

Some Pandaren would probably leave the Horde if it happened. Maybe not all of them - maybe some would try for peace. But it would be a point of contention, I think.
    I mean if we're bringing in the stone guys I think it would be fine, they're ancient titan guardians rather than the curse-of-flesh'd jackasses that enslaved them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Rajani Mogu visit a blood elf camp. They see the blood golems. The join the Alliance.
    Rajani: So where'd you get the blood for those golems?
    Blood elves: Well you see after the Thunder King we got this really neat trinket that lets us control all those old ones filled with titan keeper Ra-den's blood...
    Rajani: Nope, alliance it is.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-15 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They fit in far better with the Horde.

They are friends and ancient allies of the Zandalari, current allies of the Golden Lotus and Pandaren, the Blood Elves use their anima tech, and are generally a brutal but honorableish race like most of the Horde.

The Tol'vir should then join the Alliance. I don't know how they would make a 4 legged race work but it would be interesting and the Alliance really needs some interesting allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see them going to the horde, since there are Mogu clans that stay away from being antagonist to the pandereans.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't really strike me as a playable race.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Mogu -> Pandaria -> Pandarens -> Neutral Race
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

I'll just copy my post from the other Allied Race thread in regards to the Mogu:

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Well, i think Mogu still have a big chance to be a 9.0 pre event Allied race. Blizzard probably want people to test the new leveling systems in Shadowlands which, as far as i know, will be introduced with the pre patch. So to implement the two last remaining Allied Races at that point would make sense.

On top of that, Mogu have a rep faction and played a role in the story of BfA, which seems to be mandatory for all the Allied Races except for Maghar and Dark Iron. But those two had rep factions in a big presense in the game long before BfA anyway. Another big plus for Mogu is their major connection to Anima. No race knows and uses Anima as much as the Mogu. And Stormspeaker Qian speaks in one quest of "the true power / purpose of Anima". Coincidentally, Anima also will play a major role in Shadowlands. The Mogu also have Necrolords and are able to transport their souls from one Mogu body to another if they die. So they have major connections to the theme of Death. We also have these obvious open spots on the Allied Race character creation screen beneath Vulpera and Mecha Gnomes. The open space for one last flag in the embassies is obvious as well. The Mogu also use the Draenei model, thats why i would expect that the Mogu go to the Horde.

In regards to the Alliance Allied Race, i still go with Ankoan / Jinyu. The Ankoan have their own rep faction, played a role in the story in Nazjatar. They are a unique race, although i don't know how much Alliance players would like them and the Jinyu, but Ankoans and Jinyu combined could make for some good customization options and a high quality Ankoan model could look pretty sick i think. The Ankoan with their dying race are also connected to the theme of Death as well and can directly communicate with their dead ancestors spirits, like the Pearlfinn did when they communicated with the spirit of their dead emperor Rassharom, even though the Jinyu Empire was destroyed by Lei Shen and the Mogu before Lei Shen conquered Pandaria.

So i think these two races have the biggest chance to become Allied Races if we get anymore, because both of them can have a connection to the Shadowlands as well.
    So i say Horde. The Mogu have something in common with Orcs in their warlike culture based on power and the strongest as well as their clan structures. But they are extremely powerful arcane and necromantic magic users as well or on top of that ( i mean, they are magically so talented that they could solve the problem of the Curse of Flesh, created by Yogg Saron reversed it, something the titanic watchers and keepers, created and empowered by the titans themselves, weren't able to do), although they don't literally create undead, they're able to the keep the souls of fallen mogu and give them new bodies.

I also have the impression that the Rajani themselves are still harsh, brutal, disciplined and well organized. They don't strike me as Alliance. Tolvir and Vrykul would fit the Alliance quite a bit better.

If Mogu become playable i hope it will be just the Rajani, maybe together with some other clans. But not all Mogu clans should joins a faction. That would be pretty weird. Not all orcs, humans, tauren, dwarves etc are part of a faction either.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Do you think that the distinction between Wnadering isle Pandaren and mainlanders is clear enough?
    I'd take this with a grain of salt: I personally think it's pretty cut and dry that Pandaria would be appreciative of what the Rajani did for the Vale recently because Lorewalker Cho at least knows of what the Rajani did and he gets around. People may not see Lorewalker Cho like that, though. And also, however, because the Rajani weren't really at the very least obviously fighting in a literal sense back to back with, say, the Shado-Pan or the Huojin or Tushui forces on either side of the Vale, I also think it's pretty unclear on where the Huojin or Tushui stand on all of this. While I would think Aysa and Ji would be pretty neutral at the inclusion, I don't think that's very clear either because we simply haven't seen their perspective on it yet. If they are thinking live and let live, and if they're not, neither are being shown. I think if Mogu, Rajani or not, were to be playable, it wouldn't be very clear how or why the Pandaren are doing something or not doing anything - Huojin and Tushui mentalities, if they're juxtaposing each other with patience or taking action or neither, where is it?

The Mogu have a lot to answer for, and I think that's also kind of the appeal of maybe what the Rajani may have to deal with going forward. They share a lot of similarities with the rest of the Horde in that respect, that maybe they have some persecution to work against even if it's under the surface. For most other races, the tensions are on the surface and the fight is real: it's war. But Rajani and Pandaren, in the same faction, with Pandaren silently hating them? Would the Rajani be told this when recruited? Would they constantly have to work against persecution they may not even know is there? The Rajani also need to find a place in the world without Ra-den, while pursuing the Titan's goals, and also fighting back the Mantid and the Sha, Old God, and Void forces as these eventual and persistent threats. Even the Void Elves, on the Alliance side, representing that kind of corruption they just recently fought - how do the Rajani deal with that? What if they go too far? How do the Pandaren react to that? The kind of bubbling, slow boiling hatred that can eventually explode in this kind of powder-keg of emotions that never get released. You know, at one point the Pandaren were teaching the players all about inner peace and letting go of hatreds. But, perhaps in this case, the Pandaren would ultimately need to get that lesson again for themselves. Ji once said during the Horde War Campaign, "I can sense much anger and frustration among those gathered here today. In my homeland, we saw such feelings manifest into very real threats after we spent too much time and energy suppressing them. Baine had to act, lest his anger turn into a greater threat to the Horde. We should all take a lesson from this." I think those words may be a bit prophetic, in this case, if all this were to go down.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-02-15 at 09:10 PM.

I don't get why people are saying Horde. They are another Titanborn race. Also a stone-related race. Now that there's a noble cultured group of them, I would say definitely Alliance.

The Ogres would be a very nice counterpart to them for the Horde.