Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Not once in my post did I state anything clear as fact, or opinion. Just what is.
    Doesn't matter one iota what you said in your post. You were defending the person who said "well everyone I talked to playing the game is playing the game! Derp!" So you, as a result, were agreeing wholeheartedly with him. Doesn't matter at all if you think you're being a hyper intellectual by double downing on the whole spiel, or what bullshit you're trying to convince yourself -- and trust me, you're only trying to convince yourself here -- of.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    subs say otherwise
    First, you don't know the sub numbers. Second, the sub numbers do not say otherwise. Even if the numbers were all time low, the majority of subs obviously enjoy it compared to those that do not enjoy it, since they would unsub. People here just enjoy being negative for no constructive reason. And no, it isn't cause blizzard doesnt listen to them. They all want very different things. I see people complain about rehashed zines, I've also seen people complain we have no reason to ever go back to old zones. It is lose-lose for blizzard if they tried to appease all the crybabies here.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Well, you're the extreme minority. Congratulations.
    Pretty much, the fact that blizzard have been as closely guarded about the subscription numbers since the major paradigm shift in WoD really shows that not only are their current scum-suckers a minority among the actual player-base they've also likely been passed up in subscriptions by their competitors.
    It's obvious by any standard that classic now out performs retail, even professional market analysts have stated that classic-related purchases far out-performed anything the retail game has done in years.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Its not pretending , 8.3 is a shit patch to the worst expansion , or one of the worst expansions in the games history .
    To you. So why are you even here at all if you hate it so much?

  5. #105
    The Patient Frinata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Doesn't matter one iota what you said in your post. You were defending the person who said "well everyone I talked to playing the game is playing the game! Derp!" So you, as a result, were agreeing wholeheartedly with him. Doesn't matter at all if you think you're being a hyper intellectual by double downing on the whole spiel, or what bullshit you're trying to convince yourself -- and trust me, you're only trying to convince yourself here -- of.
    This seems like really poor arguementative skills from someone who has a Doctorate.

    ...What's that? You're not a Doctor? But your name is Doctor Funkenstein. Therefore you have to be a Doctor. It's right there, it doesn't matter what else you say, you have it in your name therefore you are absolutely a Doctor.

    See why context matters? Read posts in their entirety before you respond to them, and take them in as a whole, gather context, then formulate a response. Until then, you're just a child who doesn't know what they're talking about at best, a mindless sheep whose opinion is worthless, at worst.

    Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

  6. #106
    Brewmaster Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,456
    Realize that most people who enjoy the game on MMO champion probably dont even talk about it anymore. There are people on this site who live to shit on the game and any sign of positivity is immediately shut down.

    The patch is okay, there is good and bad in it like everything but otherwise i am personally loving visions.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by talmar View Post
    Don't know why you think that. Everybody I know personally that plays and everyone in my guild currently is enjoying wow very much. I think 8.3 is a lot of fun. Does is have 9 months of legs, i don't think so. But currently, at the moment, WoW is a lot of fun.
    Literally why? You have a mess of dailies and a tiny nugget of fun in Horrific Visions.

    OP, what do you truly enjoy about what is in this patch? It's like if WoD's lack of content and MoP's overuse of dailies had a baby. Easily one of the worst patches to date.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Realize that most people who enjoy the game on MMO champion probably dont even talk about it anymore. There are people on this site who live to shit on the game and any sign of positivity is immediately shut down.

    The patch is okay, there is good and bad in it like everything but otherwise i am personally loving visions.
    Because there's more to shit on than appreciate.

    I too enjoy visions, but it's barely worth the headache of dailies you have to deal with. At least they made the dailies worth 5x more of the currency, but outside of dailies and visions, there's NOTHING THERE. Not to mention 100% of enemies and areas have been reused content (outside the raid which is only partially reused). Uldum, Vale, Kun-Lai Summit, Org, and SW. Just with some added purple shit, hentai, and new enemies.

    This patch is filth. Visions are fun but make up about 5% or less of your time you'll be doing the other 95% that is just garbage you've done a thousand times before. They also know that they're hiding the ONE nugget of fun behind time-walls so your sub continues to tick while you wait. The cloak upgrades behind a time-wall as well prevent you from wanting to do more Visions because you'll be doing it inefficiently. So you do the dailies for about an hour a day then log off, waiting for the next week to tick over. I was bored as fuck by Day 2 of this patch. It's absolute dogshit.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2020-01-24 at 05:53 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

  8. #108
    Brewmaster Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Literally why? You have a mess of dailies and a tiny nugget of fun in Horrific Visions.

    OP, what do you truly enjoy about what is in this patch? It's like if WoD's lack of content and MoP's overuse of dailies had a baby. Easily one of the worst patches to date.



    Because there's more to shit on than appreciate.

    I too enjoy visions, but it's barely worth the headache of dailies you have to deal with. At least they made the dailies worth 5x more of the currency, but outside of dailies and visions, there's NOTHING THERE. Not to mention 100% of enemies and areas have been reused content (outside the raid which is only partially reused). Uldum, Vale, Kun-Lai Summit, Org, and SW. Just with some added purple shit, hentai, and new enemies.

    This patch is filth. Visions are fun but make up about 5% or less of your time you'll be doing the other 95% that is just garbage you've done a thousand times before. They also know that they're hiding the ONE nugget of fun behind time-walls so your sub continues to tick while you wait. The cloak upgrades behind a time-wall as well prevent you from wanting to do more Visions because you'll be doing it inefficiently. So you do the dailies for about an hour a day then log off, waiting for the next week to tick over. I was bored as fuck by Day 2 of this patch. It's absolute dogshit.
    The patch isn't perfect no, and i wish there was more to it like how big Argus was in comparison. That said, i don't know of any patch that kept me interested for more than a few days. You don't really have to do the dailies either, other than the weekly reset and maybe the lesser vision if you want to do a bit more. I play very casually and enjoy the little bit that i do play. I don't mind reusing areas either simply because they need to use more of the world, we have so many cool zones that are abandoned because they are not recent.

  9. #109
    me and the 2 people left in my guild are online playing the game now so how is the game dead? checkmate
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Well, you're the extreme minority. Congratulations.
    I feel a more extreme minority in that opinion of yours though.

  11. #111

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Yes it coudl be better, yes, tehre coudl be more, but i've been playing around in the new zones ..and guess what I love it.

    I like travelling around and finding rares pop up, and puzzles and chests, that aren't necessarily tied to a storyline, and gives me things to do in the zone that aren't hey le'ts just drop and complete the quest..

    I could psend hours pvping, but still have meaningful stuff that pops up.

    And best part of it, the zones also have a storyline that this doesn't interfere with.. It is getting better blizz. Better.

    It reminds me a bit off classic. Finally another feature I like about this patch is that the empty cavernous zones of uldum and Vale of Eternal blossoms actually have some meaningful activity. Great way to re-use a zone.

    I say this is pretty much carrying on from Naz'jatar and Mechagon.. except that i feels a lot better in 8.3 when the zones are actually that large.
    Tbh, this sort of thing is good for an end game patch, an expansion levelling arc really should be story driven strongly to set the theme and tone for the next 2 years of its life.

    Then patches can shift to the Naz'jatar/Mechagon/Vale/Uldum format

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I feel a more extreme minority in that opinion of yours though.
    That's interesting. Wrong, but interesting.

  14. #114
    Not sure where you got your definition of sandbox, but let me assure you that WoW doesnt fit it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •