Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    If there is was only a extreme minority that enjoyed the game I doubt there would be a game to play...
    BFA has an extreme minority of players compared to even half what WoW was at it's height. There's a reason for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    (ignoring the dailies, why is blizz trying to resurrect those?),

Hate to break it to you but World Quests are the same damn thing as daily quests except worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Considering in a poll of a very small sample size on this forum alone of almost 1000 players YOU are in the minority. Less than 10% actually.

You're one of the most vocal defenders and one of the only people voting BfA as a "good expansion".

Please stop with the bullshit.
    This website is fueled by so much negativity and cynicism that if Blizzard cured cancer the only thing people would discuss on this forum is how they somehow couldn't manage to balance Rogues in M+. Using this terrible community's hivemind mentality to defend literally anything is one of the weakest positions you could ever possibly take.

I disagree with the OP aswell. It seems lazy that we have 2 repurposed zones, those 'puzzles' are WQ's that arent shown on the map and oh boy, flying around for 30min to find a rare or that specific quest mob sure is fun! It feels alot like timeless isles and i hated that shit with a passion. At least the rewards have been increased and some issues fixed so it will be less annoying to do this untill i reach exalted.

The patch with thunder island or the sunwel plateau at least made it seem we progressed towards something, that i really liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Well, you're the extreme minority. Congratulations.
    The patch is not perfect. The story is dissapointing to say the least. There isn't enough content to keep us busy for more that a couple months... BUT. As it stands, the current content of the patch is decent and I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Extreme minority seems to be... an extreme term in all fairness. Reminds me of Facebook echo chamber mom talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm really liking is the world content in Uldum primarily because Uldum is so large. It's nice to actually have some breathing room in the zones; it feels like it makes the pacing better as well as reducing competition with other players. Plus it just looks cool.

Nice try, Ion!

Well, you haven't realised that you are in the extreme minority. Bunch of forum haters don't get that 8.3 is actually fun. Sure, it has some questionable shit, but Wotlk was the best expansion according to people, and argent tournament was a bunch of boring ass dailies mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Considering in a poll of a very small sample size on this forum alone of almost 1000 players YOU are in the minority. Less than 10% actually.

You're one of the most vocal defenders and one of the only people voting BfA as a "good expansion".

Please stop with the bullshit.
    A small poll of 1000 players on a minority board that skews HEAVILY hardcore.. Yeah, that doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. WoW players for the most part don't go to forums, and if they do they go to the official ones, not here.
    How do you know? OP's probably in the silent majority

Let me just be clear to both of you: I do not like BFA. I have not played 8.3. But I also know that I'm not in the majority of players

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    BFA has an extreme minority of players compared to even half what WoW was at it's height. There's a reason for that.
    Yeah, and while the content is not the best, wotlk argent tournament dailies were fucking garbage too, and that was the expansion where the game peaked 12 mil subs. It's called age decline. That is the reason for that, and so many of you negative dimwits can't get it.

Hmm I wouldn't call this sandbox.. this is more like a ballpit.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I’m loving this patch, I love the aesthetics and layouts of the affected zones, I really enjoy visions, and I like the exploration of finding things like alpaca greens and battling with alliance over rares while horde comes to the assist like a team.

Egyptian themed Uldum and China themed Pandaria are perfect given their connections and special histories to their lore, and it’s wonderful to bump into and help our old friends such as Taoshi, Taran-Zhu and be welcomed by the notable Tol’vir who remember us from our past adventures with them.

I think I’m just really into the world evolving naturally with the story, seeing whole zones affected by the threats and us aiding in their defense, preservation and the removal is gripping and makes me feel like I’m welcome and honored to be chosen to help our past friends. Seeing the world grow and experience what we’re experiencing is a very natural and fitting flow to it that is comfortable and necessary. I guess a very clean, natural continuation of story in real time, while also being revisitable each day and witnessing new game play.

I like the secrets like creating keys, chances at our beloved zone-themed mounts, raising an egg, not to mention all the new structures and visuals and music are very polished and atmospheric- it’s actually quite unsettling seeing these calmer zones in upheaval by such a looming threat possibility.

I’m appreciative of the chosen zones with their connection to these past threats, old yet familiar, returning lore, and like an adversary that just won’t stay dead, and of course the ancient underground tactics being explored, utilized and simply not forgotten by blizzard is great. When my friend and I reconnected the various Pandaria chambers and Uldum power sources and realized it all made sense yet was thrilling to be a part of, especially the mogu vaults and palace being connected by a tunnel and doorway that was always there but never used! We always had theories about that! Haha!

Anyway, I love seeing the world our characters grew up in and who explored and adventured in, revisiting these special lands and peoples and aiding our friends and allies and familiar faces during this new dark threat - more stories in old zones is all that was needed for me to remember blizzard does truly care about their world and wants it to evolve naturally with the story and give us an experience to play and be a part of that. Immersive.

I’m loving this parch.
    This is an extremely well-written way to say that you're okay with rehashed content.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like this patch more than Nazjatar and Mechagon for the simple fact that it is not as grey and depressing as those zones were in terms of color.
    I also like the return of dailies, I always felt WQs are so distant from the story because you just pop in and out. More time efficient yeah, but it feels very little immersive.

Not a fan of the fill a bar concept though bit if the quests are well matched with the area it usually fills itself doing those.

I also like the new mounts we are getting and allowing places like Uldum and Vale to shine again(Uldum was always kinda boring so glad it got a little more meat).

Also glad to see LiLi, Chen and Lorewalker Cho again, not to mention Wrathion. Blizzard proves they can make new characters and find use for them and not just kill them off.

Anything to get me put of Nazajatar is a step in the right direction. Also, I love the fact Chen asks for beer while the 12 year old girls tells me to murder a bunch of people.

I AM a minority. I don't do much instanced content. I do islands and warfront periodically. I am enjoying the patch for the current material. As a dirty casual it took me two tries each for Thrall and Alleria, but I still have 4 tokens so I don't feel like I am locked out for not being the 1337zor.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My entire guild likes 8.3, my friends as well. I know people like you like to think you are automatically in the majority but it's time to wake up.

Pretty much everyone in my guild seem happy with the new stuff in 8.3, im sure it will get boring after awhile but so far people are happy.

Since we are semi casual when it comes to raiding as in we try to clear everything on hardest but dont care if it takes 1 month or 6 month and dont care if we mess up horrific visions, we are even having small competitions with diffrent prizes over which group can press farthest into their Horrific Visions.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I’m loving this patch, I love the aesthetics and layouts of the affected zones, I really enjoy visions, and I like the exploration of finding things like alpaca greens and battling with alliance over rares while horde comes to the assist like a team.

Egyptian themed Uldum and China themed Pandaria are perfect given their connections and special histories to their lore, and it’s wonderful to bump into and help our old friends such as Taoshi, Taran-Zhu and be welcomed by the notable Tol’vir who remember us from our past adventures with them.
    Rather weird when they welcome my demon hunter who spent those expansions encased in green crystal.

8.3 in isolation is a pretty good patch, but it gets dragged down by the stuff it inherited from 8.2(essences primarily)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This website is fueled by so much negativity and cynicism that if Blizzard cured cancer the only thing people would discuss on this forum is how they somehow couldn't manage to balance Rogues in M+. Using this terrible community's hivemind mentality to defend literally anything is one of the weakest positions you could ever possibly take.
    MMOC in a nutshell!

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    This is an extremely well-written way to say that you're okay with rehashed content.
    Since when does having fun have anything to do with whether the areas you are having fun in are brand new or if they have been used for something else previously?

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    Oh please, like Uldum is something we've seen a billion times.