Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is telling from the responses that for some specs mastery is the most boring stat ever while for others it is the most interesting out of all of them.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    And yet dumb kids keep crying about how Blizzard needs to listen to the players.
    If Blizzard would just listen to all players, all feedback, then all the problems would be solved. Right? Right.....

"Blizzard never listens to me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring Armor Pen back.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I didnt read the whole Thread.

But correct me if I´m wrong. At the end of the day, you probably just Sim the StatWeights and use that.
    So, in that Case they could just use One Stat Called "Damage". ^^

Versatility and Mastery are both dumb stats that shouldn't have existed.

Interesting stats are only interesting if they are interesting. These aren't. Nothing stat wise in WoW has been interesting in ages because they've sucked the RPG out of the MMORPG a long time ago. May as fucking well go whole hog and just have "DAMAGE" "ARMOR" "MANA" "HEALTH". (Which, if I'm being brutally honest, is more than enough. No one cares about stats. They just care about what they need and if they have it.) That's what happens when you turn an RPG into an action/arcade-y game with vague RPG mechanics loosely duct taped onto it.

Nah, it could be more interesting for some specs though.

What I really want is meaningful talents or ways to customize my playstyle and even create fun, viable "meme specs" like smite priest or scorch/ignite mage was.. or even TBC melee mage.

they could create more interesting stats for mastery instead of it being 50% of versatility.

Mastery is fine; maybe for individual specs it's simply not strong enough or could even be another ability completely, but overall, i love mastery.

Versatility on the other hand is an insullt towards the players. It was rushed in when they needed a quick replacement for other secondaries they removed. Fine. But 6 years in and that band-aid is still there. How much more time do they need to give us an actual new secondary instead of this primary-in-disguise? Whenever i get an item with vers on it i still feel like the devs are telling me "Look, we could have put an actual secondary on this item....but we simply did not give enough of a fuck."

Edit: I am well aware that mathematically speaking Versatility is a multiplier while Primary Stat is just an addition. I also understand why that makes the stat desireable for people who only care about the numbers and nothing else. My complaint is that if vers was gone and we had higher crit/haste/mastery% values to get to the same power-level we are now with vers....there would actually be a noticeable change in your gameplay. Specs would feel and play much more interesting. Faster, more procs. That is what i want from my gear. Versatility does not do that. It simply multiplies your primaries with absolutely no gameplay effect.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-01-24 at 11:02 PM.