Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    This is what happens when you give one side races that they wanted and the other one ones that they never asked for.
    Ah yes, I remember the countless threads of Horde players saying "I want me some more of that AU stuff, who doesn't like AU" or asking for Tauren but with antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Whether the numbers illustrate people moving to a different faction and causing further faction imbalance, or simply players moving around within their faction, can't be concluded from this data alone, but it certainly seems to suggest as such.
    It suggests no such thing. There's literally no data here that would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yeah not really surprisingly in the least. All but one Alliance allied race was the lesser option.

High Elves? Nope, Void. Yeah Void is a high number, would have been higher.
    Broken? Nope, lightforged.
    Vrykul? Nope, fat humans.
    Mechagnomes? Nope, trash gnomes.
    Yet looking at those numbers, Void Elves are the superior option to Nightborne. So that would be at least two. The rest of your post is subjective nonsense.

Mok'nathal? Nope, AU abominations.
    Forest Trolls? Nope, Trolls whose model is at least partially built upon the Night Elven skeleton.
    Taunka? Nope, Highmountain.
    Gilgoblins? Nope, furry Goblins.
    San'layn? Nope, Nightborne that suffered a downgrade since Legion.

Just because there were viable alternatives to each race doesn't mean those alternatives would be vastly more popular or that Blizzard is objectively giving the Alliance lesser options. I mean, Broken? Seriously? Broken are not only ugly as sin by design (since they are corrupted abomination) but also short. Both of which tend to make a race unpopular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's not surprising people want to avoid fat characters. Big difference between a nice buff dude and a fat man. It's good that they are an option though, but highly unsurprising not many people play them.
    Kul Tiran are bears with a belly, they got really thick arms and legs so it's not just fat. But I'm not arguing the point players here would sooner play a skinny twink model then one with a belly.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Vulpera so high in the list? Oh no.
    Worgen became one of the highest played races for abit when they were introduced, quickly dropped.
    people love the cool animal races, cause anyone can go outsdie and see/be a tall buff dude, or short chubby guy.
    but no one can see/be an animal.
    except furries.... weebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    So Alliance have the second most popular allied race, a fair margin ahead of the 3rd most popular and only 1.5% behind the most popular.

I swear alliance will cry victim about anything.
    That tends to happen when you live your life looking behind your shoulder because Blizzard's anti-Alliance death squads are after you.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    More like this is the conclusion that you arrive at when you make stuff up or want to push an agenda about victimisation^^

What kind of threads do I see? People asking for Naga, High Elves, Tinkers (yeah, not a race) or Ogres. NEVER once have I seen anyone begging to implement Zandalari Troll, more Tauren, just with Elk Horns, etc etc.
    What is this heresy? Horde players were sacrificing the Alliance players they captured in the great Alliance purge of 2017 to Blizzard in order to get Tauren but with antlers. It is known.

It's really unsurprising that Alliance keeps getting barely different options or ones that NO one by and large wants to play. Sure, I'm glad we have fat humans but was there really a need to make mechagnomes a race in and of itself? Lightforged? Void Elves I can understand because they're Alliance, so they have some justification there.
    What alternative was there for Gnomes? Fully tin-can Gnomes? Leper Gnomes? Yeah, I'm sure Alliance players wouldn't complain about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The whole argument is flawed, because Allied races require you to have a maxed main toon with requirements done. This means that they do not contribute to faction imbalance at all. You could argue that maybe people are returning to the game specifically for the reason of playing a Horde allied race (which you aren't doing here) which is a hypothesis that everyone is allowed to make, but we have no real way of verifying this. Just sheer numbers of created allied race toons have absolutely nothing to do with increasing the faction imbalance.
    Why are you making sense? We don't do that here. Here Blizzard is writing stories with the intent of making Alliance players clinically depressed and they went out of their way to make Alliance's allied races suck.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-01-23 at 11:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It's not surprising people want to avoid fat characters. Big difference between a nice buff dude and a fat man. It's good that they are an option though, but highly unsurprising not many people play them.
    Even heavyset would be fine with heavy armor that works like heavy armor. But then I looked at Kul Tirans on the character creation screen, realized their armor is just skintight texture stretched on their pot-bellies and gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    allied race should never have been implemented.
    They should have.. as cosmetic options for other races.

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking forward to Kul Tirans since they're a cool "race" of sea themed humans. However, judging from NPCs even, only like 10% of them are fat at best. There should be an option to play a regular sized human, just like with hunched and good posture orcs.

And to those saying that we can already play a human, yes, it's true. We can already play and orc too, so why we're brown ones needed.. or void elves.. or nightborne.. or dark irons? They're identical to classic races with armor on aside from maybe a different standing pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk

Zandalari numbers though make me happy given how ripped they are, and just hope vulpera population grows, so dam cute!
    I couldn’t wait to target and kill every furry scavenger that I see just for that stupid dolly and dot song.

The Horde has associated with too many races that care about their “best friends” in the most cloyingly obnoxious ways. Kill them all.

Blizz simply made better allied races for horde.

Horde bias, I tell you!

Alliance got the crappy ones. What do you expect? Why would anyone play most of those alliance allied races? They are fugly, while horde allied races are generally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Even heavyset would be fine with heavy armor that works like heavy armor. But then I looked at Kul Tirans on the character creation screen, realized their armor is just skintight texture stretched on their pot-bellies and gave up.
    Heads up: almost all armor is a skin-tight texture painted on any given race. Been that way for .. 15 years now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I couldn’t wait to target and kill every furry scavenger that I see just for that stupid dolly and dot song.

The Horde has associated with too many races that care about their “best friends” in the most cloyingly obnoxious ways. Kill them all.
    You say kill them all, meanwhile their population grows.

You know more people will roll one now just to spite you?

I do find is hilarious when blood elves complain that vulpera don't belong in the horde. Irony must be lost on you guys.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    High Elves? Nope, Void. Yeah Void is a high number, would have been higher.
    Broken? Nope, lightforged.
    Vrykul? Nope, fat humans.
    Mechagnomes? Nope, trash gnomes.
    Only difference between high and blood elves is their eye color, if even that. At least void elves are bit more distinct.
    Broken.. nope, who would play them? People generally tend to avoid ugly, short and fat races.
    Vrykul are too big to be playable. They wouldn't even fit through most doors. If Blizzard made playable mini vrykul, it just wouldn't feel right.
    Mechagnomes.. well at least they're not furries. As allied races are just reskins or slightly altered classic races, well not much you can do with gnomes anyway. I mean they're gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What alternative was there for Gnomes? Fully tin-can Gnomes? Leper Gnomes? Yeah, I'm sure Alliance players wouldn't complain about those.
    When it comes to gnomes, not really anything else. But when it comes to Alliance itself? I'm sure there were better options than Mechagnomes.

Vulpera and Zandalari were by far considred better than their counterpart on Alliance side. People who don't see that or can't admit it are not looking objectively
    The Horde was given unique choices and combinations that motivated many people (including myself ) to switch sides. My personal view
    Zandalari troll best sell points:
    -distinguishable new body type (straight back troll), male mostly
    -dino themed druid forms with some completely new playable models (balance and aquatic form)
    -new class/race combo: Troll Paladin
    -rich background & history explored in game
    -potentially better racials

vs

Kul Tiran
    - new class/race combo : Human Druid & Shaman
    - rich history but not explored in game
    - mediocre racial traits

Vulpera
    - completely new race (not rig race)
    - high variety of customization options . Only the tail is quite huge . Few races have this as visible body part
    - entirely different from their rig based race. Vulpera in armor cannot be confused with goblin....ever
    - situational but interesting/unique racials

Mechagnomes
    - good racials

This is trying to be as objective as I can. Think few people can argue these points are wrong

Apart from that, it's also clearly visible that Alliance was simply not given any choice to even ask for a potential allied race.
    Both unique ones from BFA (Vulpera and Sethrak were implemented in Zuldazar and tied to horde from the start)
    Why wasn't that offered to Alliance? (meaning vulpera based on the gnome rig or sethrak on the worgen for example?) As somewhat new the Tortollans were more numerous in Zuldazar as well
    Alliance races always come last and without enough time to even provide reasonable feedback, whiteout much history or foreshadowing: Lightforged came with last patch and void elves didn't even exist. Kultirans models came way later than Zandalari, same situation with mechagnomes vs vulpera

And to see where this is coming from.
    -I'm a player who started in Vanilla on Alliance side . Played every expansion with breaks but still tried all.
    -I have raided punctually some expansions and I've been quite casual others
    -Have alts of each class except rogue & mage.
    -For all those years I've never used the shop services ... until BFA. Changed my NE druid (nº 1 alt) to Zandalari (when classes are boring, new race can be quite motivating)
    -Now I consider changing my main too : Draenei shaman to Vulpera
    -For all those years I never expected a day would come to leave the Alliance but sadly I'm on the verge

So yeah, I'm upset and people who don't understand why are obviously turning their eye on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Heads up: almost all armor is a skin-tight texture painted on any given race. Been that way for .. 15 years now?
    Yes, it is so. But it is more glaring on some races, I suppose.

I'm not surprised. Kul tirans look terrible in armor and they have ugly animations. Vrykul would've been hugely popular, but instead we get fatties. I honestly can't believe they hven't made Vrykul an allied race. Mechagnomes are literally just an even more niche version of an already niche race. Who wants to play as a tiny baby looking human with robot arms and legs wearing diapers? Dark Iron dwarves are well established in lore and they look cool. But at the end of the day they are still dwarves, and not a lot of people play dwarves. Lightforged are also just a very niche version of a regular draenei and personally I think the better way to implement them would've been to make them an option like the Night Elves night warrior skin. Then we have the void elves, which should've just been high elves instead.

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say that alliance got shafted like always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another victim thread from an alliance player.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If they had given skinny kul tirans I bet that number would be higher.

15+ Year Old Account
    Conclusion:

Alot of people like them and the ones that don't can choose the older races.

Faction imbalance, i dont care with current server tech anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Vulpera so high in the list? Oh no.
    furries UwU

A good illustration of how shafted Alliance got with Allied Races.