Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    AP, Gold, Resources, Pearls. It's better than you think it is
    Oh wow, I get 60 more AP from a WQ if I go Alliance! Oh wow, War Resources that are usless! Oh nice, I get 6 more gold on a WQ!

P i t i f u l.

Add 30% rep :>

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Vulpera being attractive to the human eye is a fundamentally disgusting idea.
    Really? Attractive doesn't have to be sexual. Look at how crazy people go over cat/puppy pics. It's the same concept with Vulpera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Dude we as a species are literally hardwired to find things with exaggerated features cute and indearing, why do you think everyone likes puppies and kittens.

7+ Year Old Account
    As others have stated, it's akin to the attraction a baby/kitten/puppy causes.

What I will never understand is when humans try to deny their own human nature.

You're being a bit hyperbolic, 30% AP from a 500 AP world quest or 30% more gold from a 200g world quest does add up.
    These are such minuscule amounts though, they really are. What is an extra 60g when a wow token sells for 200k gold? Or when you can just run an old raid in 10 minutes and make 1500g?

If they were to add a 30% increase in rep for Alliance (because everything is tied to rep nowadays), I feel Alliance would get quite the boost.

5+ Year Old Account
    Noone plays as gnome so why anyone should play as mechagnome? i mean mechagnomes are better than those normal but they are still gnomes

Well then you'd probably have the reverse problem. 30% reputation bonus would simply be too powerful, the only reason the bonus exists is because more horde players increases your chance to be ganked etc and having time wasted. If you turn warmode off, the faction imbalance becomes irrelevant and you won't need to care about any bonus
    Exactly. So just give it to Alliance as an incentive for rolling one.

all content releases should be ceased immediately to solve the issue of the game getting progressively worse

Assuming the source is accurate for the sake of the argument:

According to warcraftrealms the there is 58% to 42% ratio between Horde and Alliance to begin with, so number of allied race characters being split 50/50 wouldn't actually be balanced.

Then there is the furry factor, which breaks this comparison, because while Vulpera are Blizzard's recent attempt to harness the furry community on Horde side, their Alliance counterpart is concentrated on Worgen, which isn't part of allied races.

If you exclude the furry factor and remove Vulpera and for balance sake Mechagnomes you end up with 14476:9601 allied races or 60%-40% furry adjusted split, which comes reasonably close to the overall faction split of the players base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I Like blood elfs because armor dores not look like shit like the shoulders of orcs or everything on trolls and tauren. I play a Zandalari becuase of the same reason and they can become druids

- - - Updated - - -

Yes weebs are worse. Sexualizing children. She looks like a ten year old but its allright she actually is 500 years old. Smh...

But sorry that was off Topic. Bu i don't think worgen really fall into the furries territory. They are to rough for their hairy souls.
    Do you even know what a weeb is? I guess to you Japanese culture is nothing but video games and anime huh? And because you like anime you must totally be into loli...way to make very broad assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Vulpera so high in the list? Oh no.
    I assume it's the novelty. We'll see how much of those numbers stick until Shadowlands

Why is this a surprise...The alliance is beyond dead. In EU we have what 3 realms thats somewhat populated...Silvermoon, Ravencrest......maybe 1 more. Anyway wow is ofc also not as popular as it once was, but this hord trend started already in TBC.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Are you setting it to 120-120?

Yup, i agree. It's completely irresponsable from the devs. Part of the reason i'm not subbed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Yup, i agree. It's completely irresponsable from the devs. Part of the reason i'm not subbed anymore.
    I enjoyed levelling multiple 120s even of same class with the Allied Races

-- Brother of Asmongold --

10+ Year Old Account
    Update:
    Vulpera snatched the prime position from the Zandalari now, Void elves are now in third place:

Vulpera 6507 19,5 H
    Zandalari 6153 18,4 H
    Void Elf 5412 16,2 A
    Nightborne 4501 13,5 H
    Mag'Thar 3291 9,8 H
    Highmountain 2059 6,2 H
    Dark Iron 1929 5,8 A
    Lightforged 1906 5,7 A
    Kul Tiran 911 2,7 A
    Mechagnome 770 2,3 A

Overall Vulpera even managed to get ahead of Worgen numbers. The top two Horde allied races are more than all of the Alliance allied combined (by a wide margin 37,8%:32,7% Rest of the allied Horde races combined 29,4%).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    [H] Zandalari Troll - Unique good looking model, very popular.
    [A] Void Elf - Reskin but of one of the most popular races in the game
    [H] Nightborne - Unique good looking model (although I believe it uses the same skeleton as night elves), very popular.
    [H] Vulpera - Uses the same skeleton as goblins (I believe?) but sorta unique and extremely popular.
    [H] Mag'thar Orc - Reskin
    [H] HighMountain Tauren - Reskin
    [A] Dark Iron - Reskin
    [A] Lightforged Draenei - Reskin
    [A] Kul Tiran - Unique awful looking model. Not very popular.
    [A] Mechagnome - Reskin that's somehow worse than the original that wasn't very good to begin with.

If they hadn't given the alliance as many reskins it would've been better.
    [A] Kul Tiran - Unique awful looking model. Not very popular.
    Ahahahahaha
    ____

I thought Kul'Tiran's shared the Orc skeleton or the Vrykul? Could be wrong.
    Alliance in general had the short end of the stick.

To the surprise of noone, everyone plays Horde nowadays, Alliance is a dead faction.

Not to mention that historically the Horde receives pretty much everything they wanted and some more even if there is no lore implication...with the sole exception of Ogres which must be some sort of internal taboo at this point.
    It doesn't matter if it doesn't resonate well with the faction, if there is a willingness for it the Horde will get it and lore will bend for it, be it magical popular Night Elves from Legion, the long requested Zandalari and "Brown Orcs", tiny cute foxes and so on.

Alliance, on the other hand, never receives what they ask for and when they do it's usually in an odd twisted way like the Void Elves.
    It doesn't matter if they ask for something cool (Sethrak), boring (Wildhammer, High Elves) or ugly (Broken, Furbolg), they'll never receive it and Allied Races showed that big time.
    Instead Blizzard will go for "something different" just for the sake of it and please no one with things like Kul Tiran and Mechagnomes.
    Overall I feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post
    Alliance, on the other hand, never receives what they ask for and when they do it's usually in an odd twisted way like the Void Elves.
    It doesn't matter if they ask for something cool (Sethrak), boring (Wildhammer, High Elves) or ugly (Broken, Furbolg), they'll never receive it and Allied Races showed that big time.
    Sethrak were never built to be an allied race in the way Vulpera is. Gear, especially helmets, would be a hard fit on them, and lore wise Sethrak have far more interaction with the Horde anyway, even being present at the crowning of Talanji.

And one of the character customizations shown off at Blizzcon was Wildhammer tattoos for dwarves, so that claim is just dishonest.

As for Void Elves (and by extension High Elves), Blizzard have always been adamant that Blood Elves are the de facto High Elves of WoW, and alliance would not get an identical race with blue eyes. Void Elves was a way for Blizzard to compromise and give alliance Thalassian elves without them being a complete rip off of Blood Elves.

Besides, even though horde did receive Nightborne that both factions had been asking for, the actual implementation of the race was wholly disappointing and they look nothing like their NPC counterparts people had been asking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

15+ Year Old Account
    Going by straight eye ball and experience, not numbers whatsoever, I see nothing but elves and trolls (not literally obviously). Zanda trolls have been wanted for a long long time and they look really cool. Elves are elves, enough said.

But one thing is that I see more dwarves than you'd expect. The dwarves in WoW feel more Tolkien than the Battle of Five Army dwarves and WoW's dwarves are inspired by them lol, imo.