Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would think the only race that would really effect the faction balance would have been the void elves.

Pulling players who like the blood elves or the edgey ness of undead players to shift factions for the edgy elf.
    Doubt any other allies race had the same pull.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oderon View Post
    Vulpera is the ultimate race for a banking alt, with 8 additional bag slots.
    I wonder how many of them never left Orgrimmar?
    But I actually find it a bit imbalanced that only Horde got a race with such racial, it should exist on both factions.
    Mine is freezing in Northrend.
    Probably to death as 60-80 is the slowest leveling portion
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Mine is freezing in Northrend.
    Probably to death as 60-80 is the slowest leveling portion
    Another reason to stay in warm and sunny Orgrimmar :P

At shadowlands, Blizzard can and should improve Allied races with the addition of customization options like the base races. Some really lack options and deserve more.

Lol blood elves are 35% of all Horde characters, more of them than Orcs, Tauren and Troll combined.

My only surprise is that Zandalari are above Void Elves. As crap as the Alliance's AR offerings are, I'd have thought Velves alone would carry them to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Lol blood elves are 35% of all Horde characters, more of them than Orcs, Tauren and Troll combined.
    Imbalanced population or Blood Elves. Pick your poison. I know which I'd rather pick (spoiler, never trust an elf).

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    At shadowlands, Blizzard can and should improve Allied races with the addition of customization options like the base races. Some really lack options and deserve more.
    AR Death Knights not receiving the usual set of undead skin colours was both unsurprising and very disappointing.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2020-02-04 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You say kill them all, meanwhile their population grows.

You know more people will roll one now just to spite you?

I do find is hilarious when blood elves complain that vulpera don't belong in the horde. Irony must be lost on you guys.
    I am making 2 more fox people just because of this post.

I'm actually surprised by the "power of furry". I remember my initial reaction when vulpera and mechagnomes were announced, just reading through the racials got me super bummed out, because I would never roll a gnome, but they sounded awesome. That said, they are also probably the worst looking race in the game, the fleshy head looks so out of place.

And if you look at lvl 120 race stats, it's much more tame. 3% is still really high, for a race that came out less than a month ago, and they are a contender for major presence few years down the line, but you can see that majority of vulpera never made it past leveling stage.

They also deserve an honorable mention as the first race to achieve negative DPS, for shadow priests at least.

Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-02-04 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera gained another 840 since the last list. By the rate they procreate they'll soon overtake Undead in sheer number. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up second most horde race before shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance need something like Sethrak or better yet, Naga, the real deal legless kind, with crazy good racials to get some remote semblance of parity back at this point.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Alliance need something like Sethrak or better yet, Naga, the real deal legless kind, with crazy good racials to get some remote semblance of parity back at this point.
    If we could avoid a 2nd race without transmo legs / feet in the alliance, that would be good.

Mechagnomes are so ridiculously disappointing. I play horde, but come on man. KT humans aren’t much better. What were they thinking?

7+ Year Old Account
    allied races made the number of shit elves in my faction decrease, this alone made then worth it

thanks to zandalari and vulpera for this feat, and of course void elves, to suck those HE fans there

If only certain classes were not forced to play a certain race... cough... DH... cough...
    Seriously, given an opportunity to switch my DH to a vulpera or an undead (undead demon hunter - awesome!), I would do so in a heart beat. But, it requires some actual work to be done, unique models an all that. If only a multibillion dollar company could afford a couple of guys behind a drawing desk to do that stuff for a couple of weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every horder character have exalted with Vulperas. So ofc they are at least try it. And not so many ppl farmed mechagon. Especially new ones. Also Vulperas are cute =). And mechagnomes are....well. It was a bad choice for race in my understanding. Ofc some ppl love gnomes and probably even gnomes w/o hands, legs and titan head and glass eyes. But majority rly dont like it. But overall alliance racials much better than horde have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Do you even know what a weeb is? I guess to you Japanese culture is nothing but video games and anime huh? And because you like anime you must totally be into loli...way to make very broad assumptions.
    I'm not into anime or anything related to Japanese culture, a quick google on that word would have given him some clarity on the matter. people like that are simply ignorant. just leave him be.
    Edit Signature.

Well, what did you expect? Horde got 2 pretty cool ones and then furries with unique models.

What did Alliance get? Fatass humans and diaper gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Assuming the source is accurate for the sake of the argument:

According to warcraftrealms the there is 58% to 42% ratio between Horde and Alliance to begin with, so number of allied race characters being split 50/50 wouldn't actually be balanced.

Then there is the furry factor, which breaks this comparison, because while Vulpera are Blizzard's recent attempt to harness the furry community on Horde side, their Alliance counterpart is concentrated on Worgen, which isn't part of allied races.

If you exclude the furry factor and remove Vulpera and for balance sake Mechagnomes you end up with 14476:9601 allied races or 60%-40% furry adjusted split, which comes reasonably close to the overall faction split of the players base.
    So you know how tauren exist?

The Alliance really got the short end of the stick with the whole allied races thing. The Horde got allied races that were highly requested such as Mag'har Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Vulpera and Nightborne (although I'll admit the playable Nightborne model looks abysmall when compared to the NPCs), or ones that were well developed in the story (Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne).

Meanwhile the Alliance got races that made no sense whatsoever, or ones that literally no one asked for. Void Elves were a complete asspull race, but atleast they're somewhat popular. Meanwhile Lightforged Draenei are what? Draenei infused with the light? Who tf asked for that?

Kul Tirans are just overweight humans. The males look sort of alright but the females look like soccer moms. Blizzard should had just given us humans that resemble Vrykul, tall, imposing and muscular. But instead they gave us humans with potbellies.

And finally mechagnomes... Were to start really? Almost no one plays Gnomes, so they decided to give us Gnomes with junk attached to them? They're a niche version of a niche race, did blizzard really think anyone was gonna play them?

The only allied race that made sense were Dark Iron Dwarves, because they were well established in the lore and already had ties with the Alliance. All the others were a complete disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    I was looking out of curiosity at the mecha gnome numbers lately and was shocked about the overall numbers of allied races. I was guessing it was bad but not in that margin.

Zandalari Troll 5504 19,4 H
    Void Elf 5089 17,9 A
    Nightborne 3895 13,7 H
    Vulpera 3686 13,0 H
    Mag'thar Orc 3164 11,2 H
    HighMountain Tauren 1913 6,7 H
    Dark Iron 1833 6,5 A
    Lightforged Draenei 1832 6,5 A
    Kul Tiran 847 3,0 A
    Mechagnome 591 2,1 A

(23.Jan.2020 Src: Warcraftrealms)
    Only 31.7% of all allied races characters are Alliance. Given that the numbers of warcraftrealms aren't complete but the margin is big enough to see a strong trend here.
    The only Alliance allied being able to compete are void elves. The rest is played less than the least played horde allied race (Lightforged and Darkiron are close but still less). Mechagnomes and Kul Tiran are over 6 times less played than their counterparts with Vulpera and Zandalari. (Who would have guessed )
    Zandalari alone are more than Lightforged, Darkiron, Kultirans and Mechagnomes combined (19,4% vs 18,1%)

This is what happens when you give one side races that they wanted and the other one ones that they never asked for.
    Not even about ones the others never asked for but direct slaps in the face to what they asked for, especially mechagnomes. They look like complete shit, and their heritage armor is another slap in the face because its what they SHOULD have looked like as normal customization, not as heritage armor. They give vulpera to horde, a cute fuzzy race completely new, then give mechagnomes with shitty legs which gear looks terrible on, terrible customization then give the real mechagnome look we thought we were going to get as the heritage armor. So not only do mechagnomes look like shit but if you want to look like a REAL mechagnome you can't wear cool looking gear with it cause your transmog is going to be your heritage armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.