Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Personally i would've loved if Method did something like "We will not participate in the race until Blitzchung is unbanned" and see if any thing came of such a statement.
    Ofc. LOL. They wount do that. Why? Just because it is not in their interest. This is job for them. They have sponsors and audience. They simply got work to do in here ><
    btw as i know he is unbanned atm and he recived money.

Method isn't going to risk their stuff for anything. Besides.. Blizzard is constantly going out of their way to help/benefit them in the world first races, why the heck would they ruin that? They'd have to play on an even field then. That aside, most people weren't actually outraged or they would have stopped playing Blizzard's game. Most people just scream and complain but silently play because they're invested in whatever Blizzard game they're playing.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    YOU ARE..

People born 1982-1996, to be exact. Go educate yourself. --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
    And that's kinda the reaction i had to your youtube comment.

I guess my common sense isen't the same as yours.

But i doubt i am the one that need to educate myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Method isn't going to risk their stuff for anything. Besides.. Blizzard is constantly going out of their way to help/benefit them in the world first races, why the heck would they ruin that?
    pfffffhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    The incident itself has faded a bit yeah, but I think most people have grown a belief in the back of their minds that Blizz is becoming bigger and bigger dicks by the moment, and this incident was one of the ones that most expedited the process.
    This is literally the case. With each situation like this that takes place, Blizzard's name becomes more and more linked to negative qualities.

I can't say I ever cared that much in the first place.

I play WoW, and I enjoy WoW...for the most part, I'm not gonna quit because some dude got banned over some political bullshit.

Yes because Hong Kong is not important.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I explained in the above post what's wrong with it. You even mention it yourself in the paragraph afterwards. I'm curious as of why that's not wrong.

Sure, people can have good intentions and I'm sure some do. Even if you do you can have good intentions on shaky grounds. I will go back to what I said earlier; this is weird to me. Very weird.

Either you (in general you, not you you) are willfully ignorant of what China have done for a long time. Then this event can have opened your eyes and you decide to boycott.
    Or
    You've known that China is being China for a while and, once again, then it seems odd that someone being banned for an insignificant amount of time is the straw.

It's like you know if someone is enslaving people in reform schools like concentration camp light but then they fired someone and suddenly you have enough and complain about their reform schools. Like, wtf? It's a weird connection to say the least.

You keep saying it's genuine but explain very little why that is.

I read that you said even 6 months is long enough. Afaik that duration effectively means nothing to Blitz. He isn't missing out on anything, especially not the next blizz tournament. He was banned from tournaments, not the game. So the 6 month ban is simply a formality with no particular effect on Blitz. That if something is a very mild punishment.
    I touched a bit on it in this post, but I think it comes down to a matter of scope and context.

I think that for some people trying to wrap their heads around the entire history of how bad China has been, in many regards(not all, China has some good parts too, just like every country), is just a bit too much. What the Blitzchung event allowed people to do was to put it into the context of something they understood. The filter of gaming is something they're familiar with. Blizzard is something they're VERY familiar with.

So what it does is allow people to be mad at Blizzard, and what Blizzard did, without having to tackle the entire massive scope of everything China has done. And I think that it's largely ok to do that. As I said before: If that's all a person can bring themselves to do, then that's enough.

It's sort of like an obese person who realizes they want or need to get into better shape. So they decide they're going to cut soda out of their diet. And then someone comes along and calls them a hypocrite who isn't genuinely interested in being healthy because they don't go full keto/vegetarian/cleanse/whatever and go to the gym 6 days a week. Not drinking soda is a good step, and a person shouldn't be ridiculed for not taking ALL the steps all at once. And even if that obese person never does anything else, they're still not drinking soda!

It's sort of the same thing with Blizzard and china. Maybe a person knows China is doing a lot of bad stuff, but they can only bring themselves to stop buying/playing Blizzard games because that's what they can do. That's the filter through which they can handle the situation. And if they never do anything else, that's still more than they were doing before.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-02-04 at 12:13 PM.

[QUOTE=SirCowdog;52075220]
    It's sort of like an obese person who realizes they want or need to get into better shape. So they decide they're going to cut soda out of their diet. And then someone comes along and calls them a hypocrite who isn't genuinely interested in being healthy because they don't go full keto/vegetarian/cleanse/whatever and go to the gym 6 days a week. Not drinking soda is a good step, and a person shouldn't be ridiculed for not taking ALL the steps all at once. And even if that obese person never does anything else, they're still not drinking soda!
    How I see it with this analogy would be that you stop drinking soda from one brand but still drink soda from another brand. You are still doing and enable those sugar cravings. Or when people say that they gonna stop with sugar and they start eating honey, which is pure sugar with vitamins and minerals in it. Sure it's better, but you still get the same amount of sugar.

Or that you drink soda with loads of sugar and then you hear the company you buy sodas from put sugar in another product and suddenly go on a campaign about the company using sugar. Yes, it could be that it was the last straw, but it's still a very minuscule infraction for someone to make that change to me.

Frankly, another reason why people went ballistics about this is probably because they want to help themselves quit. Plenty seems to still play blizzard games even if they hate them, which is probably due to addiction, same as the sugar analogy. This became a catalyst for them to make them a better person overall and for themselves more so than for the cause. Which is a common tactic, you come up with outside reason as a reason for you to change rather than just your own will.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-02-04 at 12:54 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Yes.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

How I see it with this analogy would be that you stop drinking soda from one brand but still drink soda from another brand. You are still doing and enable those sugar cravings. Or when people say that they gonna stop with sugar and they start eating honey, which is pure sugar with vitamins and minerals in it. Sure it's better, but you still get the same amount of sugar.

Or that you drink soda with loads of sugar and then you hear the company you buy sodas from put sugar in another product and suddenly go on a campaign about the company using sugar. Yes, it could be that it was the last straw, but it's still a very minuscule infraction for someone to make that change to me.

Frankly, another reason why people went ballistics about this is probably because they want to help themselves quit. Plenty seems to still play blizzard games even if they hate them, which is probably due to addiction, same as the sugar analogy. This became a catalyst for them to make them a better person overall and for themselves more so than for the cause. Which is a common tactic, you come up with outside reason as a reason for you to change rather than just your own will.
    I think maybe you're being overly pessimistic, and looking too hard to fault players instead of the companies in question here.

Blizzard screwed up and made it obvious to the world what really drives their decisions. However people personally react to that, we should all take note.

Maybe it's not enough to tip you this time. But what about next time?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think maybe you're being overly pessimistic, and looking too hard to fault players instead of the companies in question here.

Blizzard screwed up and made it obvious to the world what really drives their decisions. However people personally react to that, we should all take note.

Maybe it's not enough to tip you this time. But what about next time?
    Instead of companies? What gives you that idea? Ofc I have been focusing on players intentions here because that's where my curiosity lies atm. Big reason why is that I can talk to other players about it, I can't talk to blizzard as easily. If I could I for sure damn would since then I could actually get a better perception of intent and values than just looking in from the outside.

When you say it's obvious where their decisions lies I can't say the same with good consciousness. However, I do know all companies drives and functions through profit. No profit, no company and higher profits often mean bigger company and bigger products. I don't really kid myself in that companies have priorities that's noble because if they are and lose profit there might not be a company to have those priorities.

Another reason why it's not obvious to me is that lets say Blizzard did the ban because of China, that must mean they are in cahoots with them. They know China would like it etc etc... fine so far. Then they go out and make a statement where they say the opposite and how important players expressing themselves are in all matters of topics.
    Now why would China allow this? They obviously did since there haven't been any ramification from China that effected Blizzard. Sure they can whisper among each other and say "lets us say this but in reality unzip your pants papa China". That begs the question, why wasn't it done at first? Anyone with a braincell would know that the backlash would be there. So they could easily just done the same with the ban to prevent backlash to begin with but still prove their allegiance with China.

Then we also have the fact that multiple companies went out and showed support of Blitz. Many of them having companies and sell games in China. Afaik there wasn't much ramification for them either. Epic games is one of them who is owned by TENCENT. Biggest gaming company in China AND Globally. Why were others allowed to express their support for Blitz without punishment.

This is why the entire theory about Blizzard and China being in bed with each other doesn't hold up to me. Blizzard did an overreaction and that's the only REAL proof any of us have so that's what I go with.
    Could there be more deeper conspiracy theory things? Sure, but then we have to question why some companies are allowed to give consent to behaviour like this while others aren't when they both are holden to Tencent? Doesn't make sense to me. I know China care A LOT about their image and will protect it and such, but in this case I think people say their reach is farther than it really is.

About next time, well. I play and buy games because of games, if the games good. I buy it. There has to be something extreme and actually have proof and not just conjecture and speculation for me to take action. I refuse to partake in outrage where people already made up their mind on what is without actually knowing if it truly is. That's where my mind lies atm. I don't know their intentions, nor do I think their actions reflect what you claim they do.

And yes, when it comes outrage mobs and overhanded reactions I am pessimistic. But even more so I am skeptical simply due to the fact that there rarely are correct information being spread around. Case in point we have the firing of 800 employees and people use it to claim Blizzard have laid of developers and QA from their games(think it's 11QA that got laid of) when that's just not the case. When at the same time the developer team for WoW got increased by 20% at the same time. I'm skeptical because it's proven over and over again that even if people have noble intentions they pave it with skewed data and on shaky foundations. I try to keep my principles intact in that regard.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-02-04 at 02:01 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what it does is allow people to be mad at Blizzard, and what Blizzard did, without having to tackle the entire massive scope of everything China has done. And I think that it's largely ok to do that. As I said before: If that's all a person can bring themselves to do, then that's enough.
    Sorry, but this just doesn't make any sense at all. Getting mad at a third party for not taking a moral stand that yourself have not taken is hypocrisy at its finest.

It's almost like you're just looking for a reason to be mad at Blizzard.

It's more like someone deciding to boycott McDonalds because they sell Coca Cola, but then continuing to drink Coca Cola (just not from McDonalds).

Maybe a person knows China is doing a lot of bad stuff, but they can only bring themselves to stop buying/playing Blizzard games because that's what they can do. That's the filter through which they can handle the situation. And if they never do anything else, that's still more than they were doing before.
    I would argue that it's misdirected. You're doing far more harm to Blizzard that you are to China. There are far more effective ways to protest China than using Blizzard (of all companies) as a proxy if you're going to do just one small thing.

As I say, this just comes across as looking for any excuse to hate on Blizzard.

Personally, I think that the way Blizzard handled the Blitzchung thing was poor from a PR perspective. But given that Blitzchung knowingly flouted the rules, I can't say that I agree that Blizzard was in the wrong.

So in the end, to me, this is yet another example of Blizzard haters blowing stuff way out of proportion so that they can manufacture yet more evidence of "Blizzard doing bad stuff" in order to support their argument that "Blizzard does bad stuff".

5+ Year Old Account
    The very fact that this thread has reached 20+ pages, partly due to all those blizzdrones coming out of the woodwork to tell people how wrong they are, is quite conclusive evidence of Blizzchung (sp?) NOT being forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

As I say, this just comes across as looking for any excuse to hate on Blizzard.

So in the end, to me, this is yet another example of Blizzard haters ...".
    Honestly I'm too fatigued with the topic to really continue with full blown discussion. But I'll say this:

There are MANY reasons why people are "Blizzard haters". So many reasons that it's almost ridiculous at this point to put the blame on those people when Blizzard does some new screw-up.

I get that it's the age of outrage. But really? Blizzard deserves every ounce of backlash at this stage. Maybe if they stopped the continuous stream of shittiness it wouldn't be that way. But they just keep pissing on their players.

Until that changes, there's not much else to say.

BlitzChung was making use of a gaming platform to promote his political agenda so the ban was indeed warranted. The rule was already there before he broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    That thread is in the off-topic section, and you cannot understand people haven't heard of a random misbehaved punk? Not everyone care to read off-topic stuff, when they visit a fan-site.

Talk about on YT? I have never known YT to be a place where people talk about anything; it's one way communication, just like your TV.
    Reddit; never used it..
    Hello. Here are some channels i would recommend if you want to keep yourself Up-to-date on current news and events.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3n...N7clidg/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/YongYea/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfw...uSi1Nag/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/HeelvsBabyface/videos

I hope you will enjoy.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hello. Here are some channels i would recommend if you want to keep yourself Up-to-date on current news and events.

I hope you will enjoy.
    Glancing at the 10 first posts on each link, there wasn't ANYTHING "news and events". It's just random unknown basement dwellers, blabbering..
    Also, cannot follow channels without a I create a Google account, and THAT won't happen..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

I hope you will enjoy.
    those are just 4 channels that take whatever outrage is currently popular and hop on that train.
    They don't do "news", they just keep rallying people on whatever is currently all the rage to rage against. They live from all the negativity, they are bringing entirely subjective videos.
    Those won't tell you "WC3 Reforged has problem x,y and z" but rather "WC3 Reforged is completely screwing over players and you should be angry!!! don't forget my patreon"

Didn't but the whole thing was blown out of proportion to begin with. I'm not even sure if people even knew of what was going on there before being outraged with Blizz (or even after).
    I found it a little funny how people find it OK to bend the rules if it fits their moral compass. If it was the other way around, someone yelling on the side of China and Blizz banning them, it would have been OK, right?
    No, it's not right. You can't pick and choose sides like these, rules aren't made to "sometimes" apply, depending on what SOME people deem OK. Rules HAVE to be generic and apply to everyone.
    If you think it's OK to break a rule then you're just as OK with the rule not existing at all. Saying Blitzchung should not have been punished because he was supporting a good cause from your pov (not China's) is JUST as bad as being OK with China supporting THEIR cause using Blizzard's event as a platform.

A gaming company should be able to choose to stay out of politics if they so wished. They made rules for that that apply to ALL. Why do we have to involve every single political or social conflict into every single aspect of our lives? Why not start parades for minorities at Blizz's event? Why not complain about famine in the world? Why not raise awareness there about every single injustice from everyone's point of view? Because it's not THE PLACE, OK? And don't start on this, cause it's not like someone who supports X injustice goes to support EVERY SINGLE INJUSTICE. People pick and choose and they want THEIR cause to be front and center, belittle others for caring less. So what if I care more about another cause that is closer to MY heart and to the people in MY country? This is tiresome...
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-02-07 at 08:27 AM.