Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

Then we also have the fact that multiple companies went out and showed support of Blitz. Many of them having companies and sell games in China. Afaik there wasn't much ramification for them either. Epic games is one of them who is owned by TENCENT. Biggest gaming company in China AND Globally. Why were others allowed to express their support for Blitz without punishment.
    Fortnite is effectively still not approved to monetize in China. The Chinese government has never approved their monetization model. At the time of the incident Epic had very little stake in pissing off Chinese players. Tencent also won't do anything to billionaire Tim Sweeney. Tencent is making huge money off Fortnite and has no control over it, what are they gonna do, threaten to leave? When the game has no stakes in China anyways?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-02-07 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Blizzard is unique in it does not have to do one iota of business with China to be profitable. They can be profitable just doing business right here in the US. ANd I can buy everything from Blizzard that isn';t from China because it is digital. And no you are not isolated simply because you don't do business with China either. There are many more countries than China in the world that they do business with. So, we can end that strawman right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are we focusing on Mexican beer?
    how can blizzard do just fine in usa when both eu and china brings in more money?individualy

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    there wasn't ANYTHING "news and events". It's just random unknown basement dwellers, blabbering..
    They are blabbering about the news and events tho. What the current outrage is, is the news and events.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't care in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 people never really cared to begin with.

I haven't, but this year has been a HOOT and then some as far as SHTF so I'd expect some smaller-brained people have given that the president might of contracted a PRC bio-weapon.

All about the money money money. All Capitalism cares about is profit. Doesn't care if its collecting underpants or drilling oil. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    RIP Kobe Bryant.
    Agreed, but what exactly did this have to do with bumping a month-old dead topic?

Still on boycott here. Which isn't exactly difficult considering all the other games available.

But I expect the slacktivists out there mostly didn't stick to their guns. Gamer boycotts are historically ineffective due to addiction and lack of conviction. The second a fancy trailer is released their resolve melts like ice in a sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Still on boycott here. Which isn't exactly difficult considering all the other games available.

But I expect the slacktivists out there mostly didn't stick to their guns. Gamer boycotts are historically ineffective due to addiction and lack of conviction. The second a fancy trailer is released their resolve melts like ice in a sauna.
    Gamers dont really care in the end. They rally up to the latest fad out there and quickly move on to the next thing week after. If the game is good, they play it. If the game is bad, they dont. Thats what really matters for most gamers. What Blizzard does and doesnt do in the social/political world is not really what gamers as a mass is hellbendt on caring about.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fad is dead. Move on to the next faux outrage, bois.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Gamers dont really care in the end. They rally up to the latest fad out there and quickly move on to the next thing week after. If the game is good, they play it. If the game is bad, they dont. Thats what really matters for most gamers. What Blizzard does and doesnt do in the social/political world is not really what gamers as a mass is hellbendt on caring about.
    I mean bowing down to commies and appeasing the chinese SJWs is one of the factors why Reforged got rating bombed and then abandoned. The WC3 official forums are now as dead as Southshore
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean bowing down to commies and appeasing the chinese SJWs is one of the factors why Reforged got rating bombed and then abandoned. The WC3 official forums are now as dead as Southshore
    It got terrible ratings cause the game is bad and was never intented to be what alot of people thought it was going to be. Blizzard also failed on a few of the promises with that game. IF WC3 Reforged actually was a good game people would play it. The RTS genre is rather dead right now anyway, so im not sure what people really expected. Some kind of mass surge of millions of RTS players for a old ass game that got a facelift?

Theres plenty of dodgy businesses out there that make cool games and people play them. If its not Blizzard games, its some other companys game.

About who?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

free hong kong guys at Shadowlands Q&A won't be forgotten!
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I think that largely had to do wirh an overall lack of investment by players, either financially or emotionally. Blizzard made it easy to pass on it by launching a shit product. I do feel bad for the people playing the original WC3 tho.

Other titles like hearthstone or WoW have pretty invested player bases. Yearly franchises like CoD or Fifa have players who are emotionally attached, and also afflicted by FOMO.

But mostly it's what a bunch of people have said: Content is king. If the game is good, virtually no one will care what happens behind the scenes or under the hood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blitzchung got signed by Tempo Storm and will be returning to competitive Hearthstone when his ban is up.

Blizzard hasn't co-signed any further suppression of free speech since the incident, and some in the company, like Jeff Kaplan, were pretty vocal about how it was handled.

Brack apologized at Blizzcon and whether you thought it was sincere or not, that seems to have marked the end of it. The Blizzcon protests were small and largely overshadowed by game announcements.

It's certainly a permanent black mark on Blizzard and they'll probably always be dogged by a certain percentage of comments and downvotes, but I think most people have moved on or forgotten at this point, if they even really cared to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

I am sure Blizzard respects your conviction and will shut their offices any day now.

The "slacktivists" just realize at some point that the weekly drama event is just inconsequential and drummed up by internet nonesense to epic proportions and then they fall for the next outrage. Though admittedly this one was more juicy then usual with even those fools in the american senate becoming active, while 80% of them probably do not even know what these "video games" are.

yap, who cares, i want to finish my dailys