1. #1

    Current best spec for Ny'alotha?

    I've been using MM for probably about a year now. But I'm seeing that BM may have surpassed it for overall DPS?

    Opinions on best spec for the current raid?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    BM always seems higher for the first few weeks, probably because you don't have to plan your movement and timing around boss abilities so much. Probably balance out in the next few weeks as the MM hunters get better weapons and people get used to the fights.

  4. #4
    Looking at "Max" is pants-on-head retarded. Right conclusion, completely wrong way of finding it out.

    @OP, Beast Mastery. Just not because of the links that this guy posted.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Looking at "Max" is pants-on-head retarded. Right conclusion, completely wrong way of finding it out.

    @OP, Beast Mastery. Just not because of the links that this guy posted.

    Mind explaining as to why BM?

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    I've been using MM for probably about a year now. But I'm seeing that BM may have surpassed it for overall DPS?

    Opinions on best spec for the current raid?
    BM has been the go to spec for the entire expansion. Have fun playing one of the most boring specs in the game.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Looking at "Max" is pants-on-head retarded. Right conclusion, completely wrong way of finding it out.

    @OP, Beast Mastery. Just not because of the links that this guy posted.
    I will not look through each log and through each and individual fight to figure out which spec is best for which. If x mob(s) needs to die within y amount of time or damage allocation. I understand that there's a whole lot of pad going on in order to reach "Max" in both overall and boss damage. Plus a lot of RNG if your class/spec uses VoP & probably a few other things. But usually, if you browse lower rankings down to the 90th percentile the numbers are the same

    Sure I was lazy about giving an answer but insulting me and not giving any reason about why you're right in your post rude and unnecessary.
    Last edited by CcB; 2020-01-24 at 09:52 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    Mind explaining as to why BM?
    It has more damage in practically all situations, more survivability, and more utility than the other two specs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    BM has been the go to spec for the entire expansion. Have fun playing one of the most boring specs in the game.
    MM was better than BM for raiding in BoD/Season 2.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    I will not look through each log and through each and individual fight to figure out which spec is best for which. If x mob(s) needs to die within y amount of time or damage allocation. I understand that there's a whole lot of pad going on in order to reach "Max" in both overall and boss damage. Plus a lot of RNG if your class/spec uses VoP & probably a few other things. But usually, if you browse lower rankings down to the 90th percentile the numbers are the same

    Sure I was lazy about giving an answer but insulting me and not giving any reason about why you're right in your post rude and unnecessary.
    You do not have to. You could simply set the WCL Statistic to literally any percentile level and it would be at least a little bit useful. Whereas with "Max" you're literally comparing one parse, per spec, per boss.

    What's the point in saying it "usually" looks similar in the 90th percentile? You can just check and find out that's not true.

    If you're gonna be so lazy about your answer that your response is misleading, maybe the real play was not to post a response at all.

    Max: https://puu.sh/F3nGU/a4cfc4f646.png
    75th: https://puu.sh/F3nHi/6d9d7034c1.png

    I suggest opening both links in separate browser tabs, and just flicking back and forth between them to see the difference, and just how misleading the "Max" is.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It has more damage in practically all situations, more survivability, and more utility than the other two specs.

    - - - Updated - - -



    MM was better than BM for raiding in BoD/Season 2.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You do not have to. You could simply set the WCL Statistic to literally any percentile level and it would be at least a little bit useful. Whereas with "Max" you're literally comparing one parse, per spec, per boss.

    What's the point in saying it "usually" looks similar in the 90th percentile? You can just check and find out that's not true.

    If you're gonna be so lazy about your answer that your response is misleading, maybe the real play was not to post a response at all.

    Max: https://puu.sh/F3nGU/a4cfc4f646.png
    75th: https://puu.sh/F3nHi/6d9d7034c1.png

    I suggest opening both links in separate browser tabs, and just flicking back and forth between them to see the difference, and just how misleading the "Max" is.
    hm I didn't actually know that the top search function only took it from one parse.

  10. #10
    I mean there can only be one "Top/Max" parse per boss.. There is only one Rank 1.

  11. #11
    the best spec will always be what you enjoy to play, no reason to slave with what is meta if you're not in a top tier raiding guild!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    the best spec will always be what you enjoy to play, no reason to slave with what is meta if you're not in a top tier raiding guild!
    tell that to the players who just love MM so much yet can't get close to a BM facerolling their keyboard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •