Thread: US Space Force

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

US Space Force

So the new space force logo got release here it is:

Woops sorry here's the actual one:

Is this thing supposed to be taken serious or just some fantasy of a deranged tangerine.

In the future? I'm sure it will gain some sort of significance.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2020-01-25 at 02:25 AM.

BwahhahaahahahaahahAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH.

stupid fucking yanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Very good. If we can kickass on Earth then we ought to kickass in space as well. We're barely even at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Pretty sure France had a Space Force before the US.
    if hes called you a yank then hes clearly a Brit, if thats the case i am not sure what defense you expect to gain by invoking France's originality to the idea, France don't exactly have a great reputation for well thought out ideas in the UK, especially military ones.

Well, France has it's "Space Force" rolled in with the Air Force...which is exactly how America was handling it before the Tangerine got it into his head that their needed to be a separate Space Force.

Also, is "France did it first" really the best defense?

Because so many people seem to think the “Space Force” was some moronic idea made up by Trump and Americans. It wasn’t.
    Well, it seems that France didn't get the idea of doing it until after Trump started talking about it:

https://www.space.com/france-military-space-force.html

Months after President Donald Trump announced the creation of the U.S. Space Force, France is beginning to lay the groundwork for its own version.

French President Emmanuel Macron announced last month that the nation's air force will establish a space command for the purpose of national defense, particularly to protect French satellites.
    But even if it was France's bad idea...copying a bad idea isn't a very good defense.

It's like getting caught cheating on a test...and the kid you are copying off of has all the wrong answers anyway.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-01-25 at 03:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's basically the "You can look at my homework but don't copy my answer" of logos. hahaha

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fantastically ridiculous, just like it's sponsor. It's fine though, so long as he's out in at the end of this year, he can play with his legos all he wants.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That's basically the "You can look at my homework but don't copy my answer" of logos. hahaha
    Lol! Perfect summary.

Because so many people seem to think the “Space Force” was some moronic idea made up by Trump and Americans. It wasn’t.
    Only morons, copy morons.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-25 at 03:51 AM.

It was Russia that had it first - since 1992.

I don’t think it’s a bad idea, tbh.
    United States Space Command was first established in 1985

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._Space_Command

I like it. Also I had to Google it since your image doesn’t load for me. Here it is again.

https://twitter.com/search?q=space+f...Ctwgr%5Esearch

I can see it getting slightly modified in the future though, because it doesn’t have any image on it that signifies Nationalism like the U.S. Flag or Bald Eagle.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-01-25 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like something a Boomer made in MS Word using clip art, lol.

The giant mouse cursor symbolises America's technological superiority with Chinese computers, while the "Department of the Air Force" text at the bottom is supposed to represent the fact that space is above the air. Genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If you are going to start sending up people to the Moon and Mars and establishing permanent bases you will need to defend them somehow. Why would the creation of a branch that deals with space be such a stretch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If you are going to start sending up people to the Moon and Mars and establishing permanent bases you will need to defend them somehow. Why would the creation of a branch that deals with space be such a stretch?
    Can we do it without the ridiculousness of such things like jungle camo for a space force, or the store brand Starfleet logo, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Can we do it without the ridiculousness of such things like jungle camo for a space force, or the store brand Starfleet logo, though?
    Of course! But then again its old guys that design the stuff. Have you seen the USA men's national teams soccer/football uniforms?!?!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, they can flee in any direction in space.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Makes sense, they can flee in any direction in space.
    Napoleon is not amused.