Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Back in mists we had a great sandbox known as timeless isle which helped with the content drought, as it was slow to grind back in the day (alone)

Now that we don’t have any sandbox with visions of nzoth patch, only instanced content, this drought will be even worse to play through, the instanced content it already being cleared. Thoughts?
    Heavens... just play the game. Timeless Isles hav not been that rewarding for a long time.

If you don't really raid, do instances or anything like that there is more than enough old content you can do and collect stuff. PvP is timeless. No Raid, Mythic+ or PvP means you don't really care for progression (powerwise) so any content in the game is suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Back in mists we had a great sandbox known as timeless isle which helped with the content drought, as it was slow to grind back in the day (alone)

Now that we don’t have any sandbox with visions of nzoth patch, only instanced content, this drought will be even worse to play through, the instanced content it already being cleared. Thoughts?
    I actually never did timeless isle because I thought it was shitty. I preferred Tanaan Jungle to Timeless Isle personally.
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think it's possibly even healthier for the game at this stage if people take the occasional break.
    I said much the same thing in the thread asking about how we are going to spend our time between now and Shadowlands. I enjoy the game more for having an occasional two or three month break. I think the people that play every day all the time and feel some sort of need to not fall behind are ruining their experience. But that's on them. We're all different.

This forum needs to get over the idea that Blizzard should expect everyone to play 365/12 a year. I don't think they do and likely never have. That's one reason why it's so easy to leave and come back later.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

8.3 zones are literally the definition of sandbox incarnate. No idea what this OP was smoking

"Sandbox" is a cool name for "no content".

Tbh if you want to camp Huolon 2.0 there's plenty of these in the invasions (rares that have a chance to drop mounts or toys).

Less people will play during drought but they will get huge profit on expansion launch.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I see it as an offset that the sub price has not been raised in my country for 15 years. I also see it as price for a safe transaction - but ofc you are free to call me a "rich idiot" (although that is non-sensical...as I said I don't buy the tokens at 20 Euros - and honestly...spending 50 cents per day in a video game now defines people as "rich"?) and wish the times of gold sellers back.

Whatever the term "healthy for the game" means in this context.

But hey...you have found your publisher to hate on for what they do and how they make their money. Personally I think there are worthier subjects in the world and I still continue to enjoy reading your posts. They are of the more coherent kind on this forum.
    you should read more carefully. i never said YOU are one of the rich idiots, because you are the one that profit by the fact that rich idiots buy gold for 20 bugs. otherwise there would not be any token in the AH you can buy.

next time plz read what ppl wrote, before putting stuff in other ppls mouth, like an attack against you that never existed.

the whole thing was meant funny and foremost sarcastic. whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the fact that rich idiots buy gold for 20 bugs.
    As someone who regularly buys the wow token, why is 20 bucks too much? Seems pretty reasonable. I always used to buy my mates/guildies a month of game time for less than the token is atm, so this is just a win win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Less people will play during drought but they will get huge profit on expansion launch.
    Id imagine they seen the majority of those sales when they announced Shadowlands. There are probably a grp like me who will come back a month before launch and pre purchase, but I think were the minority..

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Id imagine they seen the majority of those sales when they announced Shadowlands. There are probably a grp like me who will come back a month before launch and pre purchase, but I think were the minority..
    Their financial reports state that BfA launch was a success. There are many sceptical people who preorder in final days before launch when all reviews are already on Youtube.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

They should have just never made the Neck, Essences, Warfronts, Islands, Corrupted Gear, or Cloak, and put that time into making a Timeless Isle type content for every raid tier.