Question Can I risk my vessel of horrific visions safely?

I have a rank 6 cloak from last week, I have 4 vessels and need 2 torn pages to complete the quest to get it to rank 7, I assume this means as long as I complete the quest in the first 2 runs I can be a bit more adventurous in the second two and see if I can push further without risking my cloak upgrade?
    Last edited by Avikur; 2020-01-23 at 06:55 PM.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I have a rank 6 cloak from last week, I have 4 vessels and need torn 2 pages to complete the quest to get it to rank 7, I assume this means as long as I complete the quest in the first 2 runs I can be a bit more adventurous in the second two and see if I can push further without risking my cloak upgrade?
    I don't know exactly how the "find 2 pages" works, but I would assume you could do 2 easy +1 clears. And then do whatever you wanted with the remaining runs you have available.

I did a +3 run, but got both pages from one chest, I also got a bugged TF's and Corrupted piece of gear that gave me endless errors as well. So who knows, maybe I broke the fucking the thing.

The pages for the 6-7 upgrade come from the lesser bonus objectives (1 each), if you do those you will get the pages regardless of whether or not you kill the main boss.

You could do both less objectives in your first run and be done with your cloak upgrades for the week. That would leave you do whatever you want with your remaining vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I don't know exactly how the "find 2 pages" works, but I would assume you could do 2 easy +1 clears. And then do whatever you wanted with the remaining runs you have available.

I did a +3 run, but got both pages from one chest, I also got a bugged TF's and Corrupted piece of gear that gave me endless errors as well. So who knows, maybe I broke the fucking the thing.
    The error is from Pawn add on and several others that are not expecting all the modifiers, socket and corruption. update your addons
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You get your cloak upgrades from corrupted zones right now, even if you fail to kill Alleria, so unless you care about the 430 item she can drop, you can completely ignore her and push as much as you can.

edit - just to clarify, in case someone decides to misinterpret my comment, that's for people with cloaks on 5 and above, if you're behind you still need the last boss.
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2020-01-23 at 07:09 PM.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

thanks guys, I miscounted anyway, I had enough for 2 vessels so i'll do both bonus areas in the first run and try to get thrall as well, if not no big deal i still get my upgrade and have another vessel as well
    Warlock

You need more vessels than you can get in a week for some of the later ranks. However, Blizzard significantly increased vessel gain per week this week, so you still have at least 1 vessel per week to waste/fail without falling behind.

So I got my cloak upgrade on my 1st run, should I save the other vessel I have and try to build up a stock of 5 (being the most you can have)?
    Warlock

"Can I risk something safely". If you can do it safely, then its not really a risk is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I have a rank 6 cloak from last week, I have 4 vessels and need 2 torn pages to complete the quest to get it to rank 7, I assume this means as long as I complete the quest in the first 2 runs I can be a bit more adventurous in the second two and see if I can push further without risking my cloak upgrade?
    Once you are pushing into rank 7-12 (corrupted zones) you can pretty much start to ignore the main boss (thrall or alleria) as you don't have to kill them UNLESS you want the 435 or 440 peice and minuscule mementos from their end of run chest. Ideally at this point you want to rush the corrupted areas and clear both and then attempt a lost zone. You can earn a maximum of 3 pages per horrific vision if you do that.