Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What expac do you t hink has the best xmog gear?

Opinions on what expac that you guys think had the snazziest gear for xmog.

For me it had to be WoD raids.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I love pretty much every set in Legion.
    Specially the T6 remakes are near my heart.

But I gotta admit the Mythic variants of BFA sets are pretty tits too.

TBC for sure. Coolest gear in the game to this day!

I'd have to say TBC, there are several sets I alternate between for my hunter, rogue and paladin and most of those are from that xpac.

5+ Year Old Account
    TBC and Legion top 2.

Wod and Cata honorable mentions.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    TBC for sure. Coolest gear in the game to this day!
    Yeah, I think I would lean towards BC myself...I don't think there is another expansion where I can pick transmog sets I like for every single class.

Legion and TBC. WOTLK has the best DK mog (T10)

Legion wins out for me because they remodeled T6 warlock set with the glorious demon wings

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah, I think I would lean towards BC myself...I don't think there is another expansion where I can pick transmog sets I like for every single class.
    I still mainly use TBC-gearsets for my transmogs with one or two pieces from newer tiers etc. But nothing can come close to tier 5 and tier 6 from tbc. They are just too perfect

TBC had stellar set design. They weren't afraid to do really outlandish ideas. Like T4 for warriors or warlocks. T6 was perhaps the best all-around tier they've ever done, which is why they felt compelled to make an HD version.

Depends on how you ask. Design wise or art wise. Art wise, Legion. Introduced 3D assets and looks like actual armor. BFA being a close second, specifically PVP gear season 1/2 and a few mythic sets.

Design wise, I'd go between Legion (the overall best) and BC, with a few stand-out sets in Vanilla (Paladin T2, druid tiers, etc). I'd love for more early tier sets to be remade with 3d assets.

Wrath and Burning Crusade for me.

I like Wrath xmog, specifically ICC (T10). I don't think there is a better looking DK or Shaman tier. I really dig the warlock one, too.

class dependent. I dig wod for plate, BC and Wrath for weapons, but there are neat choices here and there for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Opinions on what expac that you guys think had the snazziest gear for xmog.

For me it had to be WoD raids.
    Cata. It's the only xpack, where I liked sets for all classes without exception.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion and WoD. BfA would've continued the great sets since the art team keeps getting better, but they stopped doing class sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC and MoP, because you know T6 and challenge mode sets were the fucking bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC and Legion easily with BC having some of the most popular and classs defining sets in the game. I'll throw MoP in there as well solely for the CM sets tho the rest of the sets were pretty bad imo

For me it's legion followed closely by TBC. Every expansion has those really nice pieces but TBC had an abundance of them and the 3d assets added by Legion just take the cake. If my character is wearing gloves/shoes/belt it's a 90% chance they are from Legion. And saying that, I feel BfA has at least kept up with the quality of individual pieces, it just really suffers from poor themes. Except for helmets, I have only found one helmet I like this entire expac across all my characters and that's the damn plate tentacle ponytail from 8.3.

For weapons, Legion obviously. Gorgeous, varied levels of detail depending on how flashy I want them to be, different colors seemingly hand-picked to match with iconic class transmogs, amazing.

For armor, gonna go with BFA. We got some spectacular race-themed gear, and with the warfront armor we again got the option of how flashy we wanted it to be for mixing/matching, and it's made for some of my favorite transmogs. I want all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I got very lucky on the leather shoulders from EN. Some druid got them and didn't like how they clashed with his xmog and traded them over *i'm sure he regretted it afterwards*. After 80 or so attempts i got the plate shoulders from garrosh.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.