Upgrading my video card. Choosing between GTX 1650 and RX 570

So after many years I'm finally updating my pc, I have pretty much the rest of the build which is a safe bet by now. I'm just having a hard time deciding which video card to get now. I'm undecided between the GTX 1650 and the RX 570. A friend of mine recommended me the latter but it seems like most stores here prefer to stock the former. After looking on the internet it seems like the only advantage the 1650 has over the 570 is that consumes less power, but I still would like to see other opinions, or maybe even go for the third option of try to wait and get something better? I tend to be quite undecided. I'm currently using a 750ti.

If for whatever reason anyone want to check the rest https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ncPtQq (the case I'm getting comes with a 450w power supply). Don't know how much can I change though. I'm on a country where neither amazon nor newegg are options due to taxes and shipping prices.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

RX 570 despite its "power" its old as fuck tech, at least 1650 will have "support" for a few more years in the sense of drivers before nvidia starts pretending the cards are suddenly losing their power.

Unless you are getting some sort of RX 570 8GB version, it is better than the 1650 averagely ~10% so.

Secondary if we are talking WoW and generally Blizzard games you want Nvidia for the slight stability advantage that does exist, otherwise, go for the 570.

And how does the case come with a PSU? It doesnt mention it.

Apart from that, change that ram to 3200CL16 or 3600CL18, Ryz 3000 series likes those more.

Make sure the motherboard comes BIOS ready also.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-01-24 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea about the power supply? Prebuilt PC's often have really terrible and cheap PSU's and that could be the case with this PSU as well since it is bundled.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    And how does the case come with a PSU? It doesnt mention it.
    It's not listed on the part picker but every store where I have asked it has told me that it comes with a 450 power supply

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Any idea about the power supply? Prebuilt PC's often have really terrible and cheap PSU's and that could be the case with this PSU as well since it is bundled.
    That's a good question, for whatever reason I was assuming that it must be a Thermaltake since the case is Thermaltake but I never verified it. Other than that they're supposed to be "real" (here meaning that you can use the full 450w, I have no idea if it's a term other people use or it's just a local thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    It's not listed on the part picker but every store where I have asked it has told me that it comes with a 450 power supply

That's a good question, for whatever reason I was assuming that it must be a Thermaltake since the case is Thermaltake but I never verified it. Other than that they're supposed to be "real" (here meaning that you can use the full 450w, I have no idea if it's a term other people use or it's just a local thing)
    There is no such thing as "real", the closest thing to "real" in the terms i think they are using is a 80+ Platinum PSU, which wouldnt exist to be sold in a case as it would cost more than the case itself.

Generally, dont trust it and buy a proper standalone 650Watt, to cover any future needs also.

There is no such thing as "real", the closest thing to "real" in the terms i think they are using is a 80+ Platinum PSU, which wouldnt exist to be sold in a case as it would cost more than the case itself.

Generally, dont trust it and buy a proper standalone 650Watt, to cover any future needs also.
    Damn, I'll have to check my budget. I'll ask and be sure what psu comes with the case and see if maybe they can change it while paying the difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would go for the RX570.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your build is quite poorly balanced. I'd go for a cheaper CPU and motherboard so you can spend a bit more on GPU, also 8gb RAM isn't great and never ever go for just 1 stick of RAM. The case is not good and I'm not seeing any PSU in that build. If you add an RX 570 which goes for about $120 to your build it totals to about $540 and for that budget I put together this build which is just... better :P

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($64.98 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($163.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($73.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $547.90
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-24 18:25 EST-0500

Better off going with the 1600 AF, its literally just a 2600 with the stock clocks of a 1600 but at $85
    https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor...dp/B07XTQZJ28/

Damn, I'll have to check my budget. I'll ask and be sure what psu comes with the case and see if maybe they can change it while paying the difference.
    Be sure there is enough space in the case to upgrade if they don't do it now. There are plenty of cases that pigeon hole you into using their shitty psu Dells are a big offender others certainly do it though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Your build is quite poorly balanced. I'd go for a cheaper CPU and motherboard so you can spend a bit more on GPU, also 8gb RAM isn't great and never ever go for just 1 stick of RAM. The case is not good and I'm not seeing any PSU in that build. If you add an RX 570 which goes for about $120 to your build it totals to about $540 and for that budget I put together this build which is just... better :P

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($64.98 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($163.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($73.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $547.90
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-24 18:25 EST-0500
    If you have the chance, do this (Or a 1600AF instead of the 2600). If you don't, then get the 1650 super. I wouldn't trust a PSU included with a case to be particularly good, so no reason to stress it

wat.
    A PSU listed as 500W from any decent manufacturer will be able to supply 500W continuously. If it's not 80+ rated it might just have to draw 1000W from the wall to do that. But it will supply your PC with 500W. A platinum rating means it's at least 90% efficient, meaning at most 10% of the power you draw from the wall will go to waste, so you'll be drawing at most 550W.

There are of course cheap shit PSUs listed at 450W that'll blow up at 400, but those are cheap and shit and shouldn't be bought

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    wat.
    A PSU listed as 500W from any decent manufacturer will be able to supply 500W continuously. If it's not 80+ rated it might just have to draw 1000W from the wall to do that. But it will supply your PC with 500W. A platinum rating means it's at least 90% efficient, meaning at most 10% of the power you draw from the wall will go to waste, so you'll be drawing at most 550W.

There are of course cheap shit PSUs listed at 450W that'll blow up at 400, but those are cheap and shit and shouldn't be bought
    And why would you go into all of that explanation to someone that was told "this case has a real 450watt PSU", someone is telling some extra bullshit to him, was the whole point.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why would you go into all of that explanation to someone that was told "this case has a real 450watt PSU", someone is telling some extra bullshit to him, was the whole point.
    Because "real" probably just refers to it being able to sustain 450W and has nothing to do with efficiency. You're the one who brought that up

Damn, I was really hoping to get the 3600. Any chace that you can recommend me a build that uses it but doesn't increases the too much from what I have? I'm willing to pass on the gpu for now,

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I was really hoping to get the 3600. Any chace that you can recommend me a build that uses it but doesn't increases the too much from what I have? I'm willing to pass on the gpu for now,
    Well you can just replace the 2600 with the 3600 in the build I recommended. Everything else would stay since it's as cheap as I'd recommend without seriously downgrading quality and features. Ofc to get close to the same budget you'd have to settle for an RX 570 instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card ($123.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $567.90
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-25 15:11 EST-0500

The motherboard would need a BIOS update to support Ryzen 3000-series CPUs. It should be updated from factory unless it's been sitting on a shelf for a very long time. Depending on where you buy it from you can always ask them if it's updated or have them update it for you if you don't wanna risk it. Like I said though, it's only a tiny chance that any board isn't updated by now.

Well you can just replace the 2600 with the 3600 in the build I recommended. Everything else would stay since it's as cheap as I'd recommend without seriously downgrading quality and features. Ofc to get close to the same budget you'd have to settle for an RX 570 instead.
    All right I'll take it into account, although I think I'll have to wait for now and keep the 750ti all things considered. Right now my priority is cpu since I'm using a 10 yr old i5 650. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Depending on who you buy that MOBO from it may or may not require a bios update to work with 3000 series CPUs. If @Jofe is willing to pay another $40 on that price I'd recommend the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max as it comes ready to work with the 3000 series out of the box.
    I'll ask how much the difference is here. Problem is that I'm not on the US so that difference may be a lot larger than there. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why did you post US prices and retailers then? Kinda confuses things...
    Well I just wanted to pace it in an easy way via partpicker. Sorry about that.