Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    That's a good point. But whereas Gorehowl, for instance, can be swung as often as Grom or Garrosh or whoever is wielding it today can swing it, how often can we serve as a focal point for reorigination? This seemed like a one-off time, to me, but I suppose that remains to be seen.
    Yeah I don't even think there's anything we can point to that would give us an answer for that - at this point ti seems like it's just as often as Blizzard writes it that way.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    We've been that since WoD at least, but it's purely gameplay. Canonically we don't exist - Archimonde was stopped by AU Gromm, Yrel and Khadgar - and some adventurers, Sargeras was stopped by Illidan, Magni, Khadgar, Velen - and some adventurers. N'zoth was stopped by Magni, Azeroth, Wrathion - and some adventurers - that's how it works
    You must not believe what you're typing. Some adventurers? Just "some" adventurer settled up the Garrison? Just some adventurer got ahold of a legendary artifact? Just some adventurer is the chosen champion of Azeroth?

Nah. "The adventurer" worked out up until the end of MoP. Then they just went way overboard with overpowering us and our role in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happend because of the insipid whining that's come from this community from past events in the lore. Rather then letting actual lore characters take part in major events, like thrall killing deathwing, tirion destroying frostmourne, Illidan killing gul'dan, instead there has to be this constant entitlement whine from players when a lore figure 'kill steals', and forces blizzard to graph the lore around the player character.
    And what happened when they did this? Why it made the defeat of a major villain seem hollow and meaningless because the reality is our characters taking the place of lore characters delivering the final blow doesn't have any weight to it in the story.

You made blizzard make you into a Mary Sue, congratulations!
    #boycottchina

Our characters are essentially orc#3975 and human rider#2144 in the lord of the rings trilogy, we're so unimportant in the main story that we barely got enough funding to be part of the massive army cgi. The main characters are the ones that always seem to show up and kill the big bad, or do the thing that changes the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Our characters are essentially orc#3975 and human rider#2144 in the lord of the rings trilogy, we're so unimportant in the main story that we barely got enough funding to be part of the massive army cgi. The main characters are the ones that always seem to show up and kill the big bad, or do the thing that changes the war.
    The difference being that this time we were the hero behind it all. I guess they'll write us out and just have Magni be the sole one responsible eventually. That'll make it a bit anticlimatic from a lore point of view that N'Zoth was eventually defeated becasue Magni just fired a giant lazer at him from the other side of the world.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I mean, it's the canon. "We" don't exist
    If it's canon, I'm sure you can point me to an official source stating such.

Are you then implying that Garrison, Artifacts and HoA never existed? Or that they were given to some randoms (each time different ones)?

I mean, it's the canon. "We" don't exist
    players are canon but only as a small number
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Looking forward for the next Chronicles book to mention YellowPussy666 as the champion of Azeroth who vanquished the evil death god...
    This writing team and emphasis on player characters just crossed the line it is hilarious.

How can you miss my point so vastly?

No, I'm not implying any of that - I'm saying that lore states that Garrisons, Artifacts and the Heart of Azeroth were merely wielded/ used by various unnamed Champion(s) of Azeroth. That's canon
    How can you miss my point so vastly? You say it's canon - point me to an official source stating that it is canon. Otherwise you speak out of your ass.

PS: I know you won't.

they been named since legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Good. Better the Player Character than Sylvanas. Kerrigan 2.0 was avoided and I call that a great win.
    No, that is not better. At least a NPC can be retired or die or whatever, while we are eternal.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2020-01-25 at 09:37 AM.

Are you seriously trying to argue your character is canon in the lore? Because that burden of proof is on you. My point proves itself, I can easily prove we don't exist in lore, because we simply don't. None of my characters actually exist, none of your characters actually exist. They're never mentioned anywhere, I really don't know what you're not understanding.

Read this if it helps
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Adventurer
    Lol, ok. So your "official source" is a fanmade site. Half of the contents could be interpreted either way. Of course we are referred to as Speaker of the Horde. It's the title given to us by Rastakhan.

Still waiting for you to prove that we don't exist. I heard you could do that easily.

They are being mentioned literally everytime we are doing something. For example Magni screaming for us to hold on a little longer and saying you are the chosen one of Azeroth.

I'm sorry, but I choose to believe what I see and hear in front of me. WoD, Legion, BfA - in all of them we are referred directly. People are praising us. In quests, in cinematics, in quotes. I can't remember any of those having included "it's not true btw". I choose to believe what the game and writers are telling me, not some cheap interpretation of some unknown person (but you are free to argue that fans know better than devs, as is your right).

But especially this:

They're never mentioned anywhere, I really don't know what you're not understanding.
    Have you played the game, at all? Or are you implying the game itself isn't canon? I just defeated N'zoth today, and if I remember correctly (although maybe my ears don't work correctly?), Magni talked specifically to me, player and my character.

The next time you are willing to "prove" something, use actual, proper, trustworthy sources. Which are the writers themselves (and before you come up with the idea, I mean recent sources, not some boards posts from tbc time when they had no idea what kind of ridiculous storyline they would release a decade later).

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    My problem is that they made the characters too lore important ... look a Legion, the player character is the LEADER of their class' order. Paladins hadthe Ashbringer, not you could argue that we didn't, it was one of the lore characters there, like maybe it was Lady Liadrin that had the Ashbringer.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    While giving Wrathion the kill would be nice for him to get revenge for what the Old Gods did to the Black Dragonflight, in the end you'd just get people complaining "I spent all this time throughout all of BfA just for Wrathion to swoop in in the last patch and steal credit"
    All I can think about is " The vulture" from Brooklyn nine9

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I demand to be given control of the Darkspear tribe

Who's gonna stop me? Rokhan?
    He doesn't even have a unique model
    I demand to annex and control the High Elves and make them my personal servants/vassals, Garithos style, as a Draenei

Who's gonna stop me? Vereesa?
    She doesn't even have a unique model

at least you arent still asking yourself, as a forsaken, why you should heal the world instead to use the necklace to murder every ally in sight

Man, I really wish I could be considered a lowly farmer after saving the world like twelve times or so in the span of a few years. Why won't the real important lore characters that stand around and give quests spit in my face and call me a lowly peasant? Muh immersion. Isn't this an RPG? Treat me like I'm dirt after making me save Azeroth again!
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-25 at 09:08 PM.

I dislike this single player story in an MMO. It's really nonsensical when literally every other player you see is also the sole savior of Azeroth who channeled the stupid fucking anime lasers to kill N'Zoth.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You get the experience of saving the planet with almost none knowing or understanding your feat, like the watchmens Ozymandias.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I demand to annex and control the High Elves and make them my personal servants/vassals, Garithos style, as a Draenei

Who's gonna stop me? Vereesa?
    She doesn't even have a unique model
    Here you go. All five of them
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.