Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No need to grind OP - the whole concept of required grinding has been gone for at least 4 expansions.

Just play the game ... and you'll be fine.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Just play the game without farming stuff. Don't hunt gear or go for BiS. That is a sickening carrot on a stick system that never ends.

By doing the content you like you will naturally flow into higher difficulties.

Just ignore the big flashy numbers that require you to grind your brains out. You don't have to be top DPS that min/maxes everything. It's ok being 4th or 6th in DPS. Just do what you like

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    In Vanilla it was this way a little bit, but even back then nearly every new raid would replace the majority of your gear. Starting in TBC outside of maybe trinkets you'd absolutely replace 95% of your gear every new raid tier.
    A big difference is that it took time to replace items,and good epic items were considerably less numerous,which made them that much more remarkable.
    Nowadays you replace every slot with a new item within a week of a new patch,at most.And epics are unendingly raining upon you

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.
    Congratulations, you have understood the basics of an MMORPG, the never stopping hamster wheel. Back to playing minesweeper competitively.
    Or maybe play a children's card game (for example pokemon or yugioh) , they're more fun than one may expect. I'm serious here! I'm having more fun playing yugioh than playing video games atm.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Grinding used to feel a lot more rewarding, so it felt less like a grind and more like your actually playing a game.
    The thing about grinding not being rewarding in this game now is that you have so much crap that its hard to distinguish what is a reward or what feels rewarding. Its not blizzards fault. Its the player base for asking for more and more and burning content faster and faster.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Sounds like every seasonal/tier based game ever. Maybe these just aren't for you?

essentially yes. Each patch does a reset otherwise new players would never catch up.

Change the way you play the game. play for the content and once you have finished it set your own goals and quit when you achieve them.

Honestly, i think quitting the game frequently is healthy. every player needs to have a quit goal for a patch to avoid burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I can see this thread really going places.

If you're not having fun, just quit. You don't need to post about it.
    He doesn't have to but 99% of what is posted on the internet doesn't really need to be posted either. At some point people should blame themselves for reading things they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Maybe mmorpg's arent a gerne for you.
    wow has take the theme park model to a whole new level. and not every mmo resets your progression every patch

I used to think I wanted items to have more staying power throughout multiple patches.

Now I’m playing classic and BWL will come out and I have like 4 upgrades in it.

Welcome to MMORPG's.

Also there are things that are still BiS Items for many classes like Font, Coral and some others from the previous tier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla is realistically the only time where the game effectively didn't reset for two years. Most of this was because of peoples inexperience with the game and not knowing what to do and part of that resides in the fact that there was very little information out there.

From TBC onwards, very little from a previous 6 months mattered when a new patch came out.

If you're not having fun just quit though. I hate doing dailies, but I like doing horrific visions, so the grind of dailies isn't as bad because I know that I'll be rewarded by doing something I actually want to do. Would it be better if we could lock in runs, or practice them endlessly? Yeah, but we can't right now.

No offense but this game might have died expansions ago if they went with a more Vanilla or TBC approach in regards to how they approach a new content patch. Remember, that in those days most patches just added raids, and raids alone, meaning that for people who didn't raid, you literally had nothing new to do. Before the defensive/offensive elixir change early in TBC, there was pretty huge outrage by the consumable requirement alone and people were questioning whether it was worth it not (this also had a lot to do with buggy, overtuned trash and bosses, and very unrewarding loot too). Without catch up mechanisms, it would be impossible for people to enter raiding or any new content at all, and I highly doubt this game would have lasted as long as it did if they literally never change from Vanilla philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.
    Yea. Invalidating gear is one of the reasons I’m not interested in playing anymore tbh.

Yeah I wish the game could go back to Wrath when they actually added content to keep you entertained, and not these massive endless farms. At least in Wrath there was a Valor cap, which meant once you hit that it was like free time to go play alts, and not get behind.

It's 8+months soon for you?
    Cause you might be thinking the game is done, but you'll be replaying this for quite a long time.

This is why 5.4 and 4.3 was my favorite era of the game. 3.3 was kinda nice too.
    These patches were chill. Especially the end of mists. You got your legendary cloak, you got your timeless isle, you could upgrade your stuff without rng, you could have fun in dungeons and just decimate everything and get your badges or go to scenarios and do the same. In the same time you could run the last raid, even on alts. Mists and Cata LFR was in the perfect spot in difficulty imo (which is nowadays' normal flex).
    In Legion and BfA even in the last patch you're not let off from the threadmill. :/ There is not a moment (or way too late in the patch) when you can stop and say "I'm fucking done, I'm gonna enjoy my OP-ness." It's like a non stop rush now, and the new rush starts with Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Yea. Invalidating gear is one of the reasons I’m not interested in playing anymore tbh.
    So you stopped playing with TBC Sunwell patch ?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They were never this bad. You have gear now becoming worthless in a patch. You used to be able to use some items deep into the next expansion.
    Into the next expansion? When did this ever happen? I think some tanks used Thunderfury still in BC heroics but it too got replaced at some point, and that is the very only example I can think of. Otherwise, even in vanilla gear from the new raid trumps shit from the old raid for most slots.

I'll never understand why people keep trying to say "wow was always like this"

So back in WotLK, when you hit 80 and all you had to do was dungeon grind heroics for a few days and have full T9 because of emblem vendors, coupled with 228/232 pieces. You'd be ICC 10 ready in literally 2 days.

Compare that grind to now. It doesn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nah this is new.

Back in the good days, epic gear meant something and lasted. Even when new raids were released, particularly powerful items would still be best and worth persuing.
    Yeah 15 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I'll never understand why people keep trying to say "wow was always like this"

So back in WotLK, when you hit 80 and all you had to do was dungeon grind heroics for a few days and have full T9 because of emblem vendors, coupled with 228/232 pieces. You'd be ICC 10 ready in literally 2 days.

Compare that grind to now. It doesn't even come close.
    You are right

It takes only one day now